IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Angekela

Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, and Mohammed. Who among them is the true personality of God?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My simple question is why the characters of "Prajapathi" (according to you is krishna) is not matching as explained in Vedas got it??

Guest guest

Don't you have a site to see Rig Veda?, How could you call yourself as a devotee and don't even had a reference to one of your holy books?

Guest guest

OK..I will give you the text and meaning too you can cross check with any sanskrit scholers

Om Shri brahmaputhraye namaha - The only begotten son I worship thee

Om shri Martha Namaha - the Holy spirit of God I worship thee

Om shri Kannisuthayeha namaha - which means the Lord who is born to a virgin

Om vidyshtayaha Namaha - the Lord who had the circumcision I worship thee

Om shri Panchkayika naruaha - the Lord who had the five injuries for the sake of mankind

Om shri vriksha shula arudayaka nama vrisha ponda marthil shulathil siluthayil bahyanavare, umbayc nan namaskarikunnen. Who is the Lord who died on the wooden cross of Calvary

Om Shri mrithyu nayaya namaha meaning the Lord Who resurrected from the depths of the Earth on the third day I worship thee

OPEN YOU EYES!!

Om Shri brahmaputhraye namaha - Om The sound of Om... Shri- talking about laxmi or just giving respect... Brahmaputhraye Namaha... - the son of Brahma?

Brahma is the creator of this universe, the Son of Brahma is Narada who also another form of Vishnu/Krishna/narayana.

Om Shri mrithyu nayaya namaha: I do not think this means the guy who got ressurected. It means the guy who gives death.

Oh well, I tried, the rest of them I have no idea about, because partly I do not read sanskrit and I am beginning to understand it through bhagavatham/bhagavath gita. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

---------------------------

So, some one else will answer you... They probably have the same meanings related to the supreme personality of the Godhead. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But I am not sure how.... they are related.

Guest guest

Do attend the sanskrit class regularly and have a vedas handy :-), Make sure you have done every thing before the second Coming of our Lord The ONLY saviour Jesus Christ!!

I know this is off-topic but since I read this post of yours I have to ask you this:

I do not read sanskrit and I am beginning to understand it through bhagavatham/bhagavath gita.

then why were you presenting yourself as the sanskrit scholar on the sanskrit forum?

I didn't read the whole sentence... I looked at the sanskrit scholar and boom!

Anyway, no I did not present myself as a sanskrit scholar anywhere, whether it be on the sanskrit forum or anywhere else.

I did help people who wanted to write their names in devanagari which is the script that sanskrit is written in.

I never said I was a sanskrit scholar, but I was honest in helping some people translate their names... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I didn't know people thought I was a sanskrit scholar ... woah!

just a question that bugged me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I didn't think you were a sanskrit scholar. It was just something you said on the sanskrit forum that made this statement of yours (above) seem odd. No problem.

Back to topic.

Guest guest

I am not considering Geeta but the Veda's does clearly says that Jesus Christ is the "Prajapathy"

Rigveda X:90:7 8220;

Tham yajnam barhishi proukshan

Purusham jaathamagratha

Thena deva ayajantha

Sadhya rushayaschaye

Oh boy, here we go again - hit-and-run Christian fundamentalism.

These mantras that you have quoted have NOTHING to do with Jesus, but rather to the viraat-purusha whose sacrifice by the demigods leads to the creation of the different living entities, planets, and so on.

What follows is a complete translation of Rig Veda Book 10, Chapter 90, from which you derive your "evidence." Please note that the translator is Ralph Griffith, who is probably himself a Christian, and who most certainly is not a Hindu.

As you can see, there are many characteristics of this "Purusha" which CANNOT be those of Jesus. Jesus does not have a thousand heads and a thousand arms, for example. Jesus' death did not result in the creation of the moon, horses, cattle, or the 4 varnas -- all these things preceeded Jesus even by the reckoning of mundane scholars.

I stand by my earlier point that anyone who claims these mantras refer to Jesus Christ is either DISHONEST, IGNORANT, or BOTH. What surprises me is that some so-called "Christians" are making this claim. Given my previous attempt to correct them, it could be forgiven once. Now that they insist on repeating the same lies in spite of being corrected, one can only conclude that their religion does not teach them honesty. Too bad. Does anyone here want to convert to a religion that teaches you to misrepresent and lie about someone else's scriptures? I think not.

Since this "Christian" fellow isn't going to confess his error, I heartily grant permission for anyone to copy/cut/paste this posting anytime he shows up again spreading his same lies. Please feel free to spread it around and expose this Christian's lies for what they are - an ugly and dishonest attempt to win cheap converts by preying on ignorance.

Rig Veda 10:90

sahasrashIrSA puruSaH sahasrAkSaH sahasrapAt |

sabhUmiM vishvato vRtvAtyatiSThad dashAN^gulam ||

1. A THOUSAND heads hath Purusa, a thousand eyes, a thousand feet. On every side pervading earth he fills a space ten fingers wide.

puruSa evedaM sarvaM yad bhUtaM yacca bhavyam |

utAmRtatvasyeshAno yadannenAtirohati ||

2 This Purusa is all that yet hath been and all that is to be; The Lord of Immortality which waxes greater still by food.

etAvAnasya mahimAto jyAyAMshca pUruSaH |

pAdo.asyavishvA bhUtAni tripAdasyAmRtaM divi ||

3 So mighty is his greatness; yea, greater than this is Purusa. All creatures are one-fourth of him, three-fourths eternal life in heaven.

tripAdUrdhva udait puruSaH pAdo.asyehAbhavat punaH |

tato viSvaM vyakrAmat sAshanAnashane abhi ||

4 With three-fourths Purusa went up: onefourth of him again was here. Thence he strode out to every side over what cats not and what cats.

tasmAd virAL ajAyata virAjo adhi pUruSaH |

sa jAtoatyaricyata pashcAd bhUmimatho puraH ||

5 From him Viraj was born; again Purusa from Viraj was born.

As soon as he was born he spread eastward and westward o'er the earth.

yat puruSeNa haviSA devA yajñamatanvata |

vasantoasyAsIdAjyaM grISma idhmaH sharad dhaviH ||

6 When Gods prepared the sacrifice with Purusa as their offering, Its oil was spring, the holy gift was autumn; summer was the wood.

taM yajñaM barhiSi praukSan puruSaM jAtamagrataH |

tena devA ayajanta sAdhyA RSayashca ye ||

7 They balmed as victim on the grass Purusa born in earliest time. With him the Deities and all Sadhyas and Rsis sacrificed.

tasmAd yajñAt sarvahutaH sambhRtaM pRSadAjyam |

pashUntAMshcakre vAyavyAnAraNyAn grAmyAshca ye ||

8 From that great general sacrifice the dripping fat was gathered up. He formed the creatures of-the air, and animals both wild and tame.

tasmAd yajñAt sarvahuta RcaH sAmAni jajñire |

chandAMsijajñire tasmAd yajustasmAdajAyata ||

9 From that great general sacrifice Rcas and Sama-hymns were born: Therefrom were spells and charms produced; the Yajus had its birth from it.

tasmAdashvA ajAyanta ye ke cobhayAdataH |

gAvo hajajñire tasmAt tasmAjjAtA ajAvayaH ||

10 From it were horses born, from it all cattle with two rows of teeth: From it were generated kine, from it the goats and sheep were born.

yat puruSaM vyadadhuH katidhA vyakalpayan |

mukhaM kimasya kau bAhU kA UrU . ucyete ||

11 When they divided Purusa how many portions did they make?

What do they call his mouth, his arms? What do they call his thighs and feet?

brAhmaNo.asya mukhamAsId bAhU rAjanyaH kRtaH |

UrUtadasya yad vaishyaH padbhyAM shUdro ajAyata ||

12 The Brahman was his mouth, of both his arms was the Rajanya made. His thighs became the Vaisya, from his feet the Sudra was produced.

candramA manaso jAtashcakSoH sUryo ajAyata |

mukhAdindrashcAgnishca prANAd vAyurajAyata ||

13 The Moon was gendered from his mind, and from his eye the Sun had birth; Indra and Agni from his mouth were born, and Vayu from his breath.

nAbhyA AsIdantarikSaM shIrSNo dyauH samavartata |

padbhyAM bhUmirdishaH shrotrAt tathA lokAnakalpayan ||

14 Forth from his navel came mid-air the sky was fashioned from his head Earth from his feet, and from his car the regions. Thus they formed the worlds.

saptAsyAsan paridhayastriH sapta samidhaH kRtAH |

devAyad yajñaM tanvAnA abadhnan puruSaM pashum ||

15 Seven fencing-sticks had he, thrice seven layers of fuel were prepared, When the Gods, offering sacrifice, bound, as their victim, Purusa.

yajñena yajñamayajanta devAstAni dharmANi prathamAnyAsan |

te ha nAkaM mahimAnaH sacanta yatra pUrve sAdhyAHsanti devAH ||

16 Gods, sacrificing, sacrificed the victim these were the carliest holy ordinances. The Mighty Ones attained the height of heaven, there where the Sidhyas, Gods of old, are dwelling.

Guest guest

I am not considering Geeta but the Veda's does clearly says that Jesus Christ is the "Prajapathy"

Rigveda X:90:7 8220;

Tham yajnam barhishi proukshan

Purusham jaathamagratha

Thena deva ayajantha

Sadhya rushayaschaye

The first born and only born son of the God. His name is "Prajapathy" the son of the God comes to this world at the appropriate time. After coming to this world he travels around advising mankind, what is sin and what is not sin; what is to be done and what is not to be done; what is wrong and what is right. To those human beings, which accept his advises and obey his orders, he offers prosperity and peace in this worldly life and salvation at the time of their death. And being the completion of his venture to redeem mankind from sin, he gets sacrificed at the end his specified period on earth. In verse 7 chapter 90 of the 10th book of the Rigveda, the sacrifice of Prajapathy the Son of God, is well explained. ;At the time of sacrifice, the son of God will be tightly tied to a wooden sacrificial post using iron nails by hands and legs, he will bleed to death and on the third day he will regain his life in a resurrection.

Does any of the Krishna's incarnation is matching these? (or) can you deny that the teachings in Veda's are wrong?

Any Hindu having studied Vedas for a month will know that this is pure nonsense.

The verse clearly comes from the Purusa Sukta of the Rig Veda. If you ask any scholar about this, he will say this hymn is in praise of Lord Visnu or Lord Krishna. This hymn is regularly recited in most Vaishnava temples. There is no mention of jesus or any other human being here. Like muslims claiming muhammad prophecy in Vedas, these sinister christians misinterpret Vedas without any shame. There is no mention of anybody pierced here and besides the hymn talks about a sacrifice that Gods or Devas did, not any human being as is in the case of jesus.

The Purusa hymn talks about how Lord Visnu himself became all this universe. The sacrifice was performed before man was created. So no question of jesus here. If Vedas wanted to mention jesus it would do so directly as in Bhavishya Purana. So stop your foolish and ridiculous claims and posts here.

Here is the complete verse from the hymn in Sanskrit and English.

---------------------

1. sahasrashIrSA puruSaH sahasrAkSaH sahasrapAt

sabhUmiM vishvato vRtvAtyatiSThad dashAN^gulam

2. puruSa evedaM sarvaM yad bhUtaM yacca bhavyam

utAmRtatvasyeshAno yadannenAtirohati

3. etAvAnasya mahimAto jyAyAMshca pUruSaH

pAdo.asyavishvA bhUtAni tripAdasyAmRtaM divi

4. tripAdUrdhva udait puruSaH pAdo.asyehAbhavat punaH

tato viSvaM vyakrAmat sAshanAnashane abhi

5. tasmAd virAL ajAyata virAjo adhi pUruSaH

sa jAtoatyaricyata pashcAd bhUmimatho puraH

6. yat puruSeNa haviSA devA yajñamatanvata

vasantoasyAsIdAjyaM grISma idhmaH sharad dhaviH

7. taM yajñaM barhiSi praukSan puruSaM jAtamagrataH

tena devA ayajanta sAdhyA RSayashca ye

8. tasmAd yajñAt sarvahutaH sambhRtaM pRSadAjyam

pashUntAMshcakre vAyavyAnAraNyAn grAmyAshca ye

9. tasmAd yajñAt sarvahuta RcaH sAmAni jajñire

chandAMsijajñire tasmAd yajustasmAdajAyata

10. tasmAdashvA ajAyanta ye ke cobhayAdataH

gAvo hajajñire tasmAt tasmAjjAtA ajAvayaH

11. yat puruSaM vyadadhuH katidhA vyakalpayan

mukhaM kimasya kau bAhU kA UrU . ucyete

12. brAhmaNo.asya mukhamAsId bAhU rAjanyaH kRtaH

UrUtadasya yad vaishyaH padbhyAM shUdro ajAyata

13. candramA manaso jAtashcakSoH sUryo ajAyata

mukhAdindrashcAgnishca prANAd vAyurajAyata

14. nAbhyA AsIdantarikSaM shIrSNo dyauH samavartata

padbhyAM bhUmirdishaH shrotrAt tathA lokAnakalpayan

15. saptAsyAsan paridhayastriH sapta samidhaH kRtAH

devAyad yajñaM tanvAnA abadhnan puruSaM pashum

16. yajñena yajñamayajanta devAstAni dharmANi prathamAnyAsan

te ha nAkaM mahimAnaH sacanta yatra pUrve sAdhyAHsanti devAH

-------------------------

1. Thousand-headed is Purusa, thousand-eyed, thousand-footed. Having covered the earth on all sides, he stood above it the width of ten fingers.

2. Only Purusa is all this, that which has been and that which is to be. He is the lord of the immortals, who grow by means of [ritual] food.

3. Such is his greatness, yet more than this is Purusa. One-quarter of him is all beings; three- quarters of him is the immortal in heaven.

4. Three-quarters of Purusa went upward, one-quarter of him remained here. From this [one-quarter] he spread in all directions into what eats and what does not eat.

5. From him the shining one was born(Viraj=Chaturmukha Brahma), from the shining one was born Purusa. When born he extended beyond the earth, behind as well as in front.

6. When the gods performed a sacrifice with the offering Purusa, spring was its clarified butter, summer the kindling, autumn the oblation.

7. It was Purusa, born in the beginning, which they sprinkled on the sacred grass as a sacrifice. With him the gods sacrificed, the demi-gods, and the seers.

8. From that sacrifice completely offered, the clotted butter was brought together. It made the beasts of the air, the forest and the village.

9. From that sacrifice completely offered, the mantras [Rig Veda] and the songs [samaveda] were born. The meters were born from it. The sacrificial formulae [Yajurveda] were born from it.

10. From it the horses were born and all that have cutting teeth in both jaws. The cows were born from it, also. From it were born goats and sheep.

11. When they divided Purusa, how many ways did they apportion him? What was his mouth? What were his arms? What were his thighs, his feet declared to be?

12. His mouth was the Brahman [caste], his arms were the Rajanaya [Ksatriya caste], his thighs the Vaisya [caste]; from his feet the Sudra [caste] was born.

13. The moon was born from his mind; from his eye the sun was born; from his mouth both Indra and Agni [fire]; from his breath Vayu [wind] was born.

14. From his navel arose the air; from his head the heaven evolved; from his feet the earth; the [four] directions from his ear. Thus, they fashioned the worlds.

15. Seven were his altar sticks, three times seven were the kindling bundles, when the gods, performing the sacrifice, bound the beast Purusa.

16. The gods sacrificed with the sacrifice to the sacrifice. These were the first rites. These powers reached the firmament, where the ancient demi-gods and the gods are.

By Guest:

He never died for our sins.

Oooh where's Priitaji when you need her!

LOL ha Thanks, I am honroed. Well, I was busy with work, while simultaneously thinking today maybe I would avoid the fundamental xtians and get a breather. ha They never listen anyway. Even now, I have only skimmed this thread trying to remain somewhat detached from their nonsense. So what was the question? If Jesus is Prajapati? I think someone made that claim. Well, he certainly is not. We do not see his name in any Vedic literatures in relationship to the position of a Prajapati. However, his name as Issa (and it can be proven this is one name he used) can indeed be found in Bhavishya Purana. But not as a prajapati. haha I'm sorry, but that was such a stretch I had to laugh. Anyway, you will see "Isa-putra" or "son of God" in Bhavishya Purana. (MahaPurana's)

And the other question/comment that Krisna never died for our sins on the cross like Jesus? Well, God cannot die. ha Who do Xtians think Jesus was praying to all that time? Tho most of them can't stand this, it was Krishna of course. And that is exaclty why Jesus did not tell them Who God is, he wanted to protect them from making offenses. But he did point out they were not ready, not advanced enough, and he had more to tell them.

Now, since Jesus died for their sins/karma, he is their guru or spiritual teacher. Therefore, they need to stop sinning. He did not do all this in the mood of "You continue bad behavior and I will just keep right on suffering your sinful reactions." No. The idea of him accepting a position so grave is that they must reciprocrate by purifying their ways of life and their thinking too. Devotees follow 4 regulative principles that frees us from furhter sinful activities. They are basically the same in all (bona fide) religions. Christians should follow them strictly instead of wasting time fault finding with other paths. Devotees also spend time daily chanting the names of God. This too is an instruction of the Bible as well as Jesus himself. Most fundamentla Xtains I have run into are not following, they are just complaining about other religions. ha It can be a type of intoxication.

There may be other questions. I am behind in my work so may or may not be able to answer tonight. But let me know and I will look into it. We all must become expert in this field of preaching too, because you see how they react. Yet there are others who are not trouble makers but are sincere, so we must be able to explain things to them, factually. Must run! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thank you for your thorough explanation Sir/Madam. I am happy to read all the explanations here about the Christian and Hindu belief. Before I proceed I am praying to the True God to enlighten the minds of His people especially here, that whoever read this column, may the Spirit of the True God will cover him/her and make her/him understand what God want him/her to understand..not what she/he wants to know.

I confess that my faith is still weak. But I believe that through the mercy of the Lord, He will give me light and strength and wisdom and an open heart to understand and see the truth. I also pray that everyone of us, who is participating in this topic may share the light and promises of truth awaits for us.

We were talking about Krishna and Jesus. So far, I am fortunate enough to read the topics about Christ which I do believe is very true. There are lots of findings, researches done by various people, believers and non-believers of Jesus, but there is only one result. He is indeed the Son of the True God, who came to the earth to give hope and peace and salvation.

On the other hand, I am confused about the teachings of Krishna. There is no evident/factual basis of His appearance in this world. Unlike Jesus, History of the world is parallel to his existence. In the Bible, there are numerous names of ancient Kings that were mentioned and it is exactly named if we match it is world history. I don't have any knowledge about the proof/facts about Hinduism. Does really Hanuman ever lived? There are also lots of god to be worshipped. My idea is, if we can't please, follow, love with all our hearts only one God, why have more? For God is a jealous God, He don't want His people to praise other non-existent/mind created beings....

I have found a list of characteristics of a False religion. I know this is not 100% true but just as the guide to see if you are in the group...

The following statements, compiled by Dr. Michael Langone, editor of Cultic Studies Journal, often characterize manipulative groups.

(1) The group is focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.

(2) The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

(3) The group is preoccupied with making money.

(4) Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

(5) Mind-numbing techniques (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, debilitating work routines) are used to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

(6) The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel (for example: members must get permission from leaders to date, change jobs, get married; leaders may prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, how to discipline children, and so forth).

(7) The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s), and members (for example: the leader is considered the Messiah or an avatar; the group and/or the leader has a special mission to save humanity).

(8) The group has a polarized us- versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.

(9) The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream denominations).

(10) The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify means that members would have considered unethical before joining the group (for example: collecting money for bogus charities).

(11) The leadership induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.

(12) Members' subservience to the group causes them to cut ties with family and friends, and to give up personal goals and activities that were of interest before joining the group.

(13) Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group.

(14) Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members

Guest guest

no one of these features are present in following a bona fide path in gaudya vaishnava sampradaya

Guest guest

THE TRUE PERSONALITY OF GOD IS WITHIN EACH LIVING BEING.

JESUS LIVED, MOHAMMED LIVED, KRSNA LIVED, BUT ALLAH NEVER WAS.

Guest guest

yes, but be sure it is a "bona fide" path... not cheaters

(everything is written in the bhagavad gita)