IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Preaching Means Taking a Risk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Nityananda Prabhu preached at the risk of life. He was hurt by Jagai-Madhai. Blood came out of His head. Lord Chaitanya became very much angry. He wanted to immediately kill Jagai and Madhai. But Lord Nityananda told Him, "My dear Sir, You promised that in this incarnation You’ll not take any weapon. Please be kind upon them."

So this is Nityananda. Nityananda-vamsa means one who takes the risk of preaching work. He can claim to be Nityananda-vamsa. The preaching work is not easy-going. There are so many difficulties. ... They attempted to kill my Guru Maharaja. Twenty-five thousand rupees were raised for bribing the police officer. He told me personally.

...They will arrest you. You have got good experience. In London, they were arrested. You were in London. How many times were you arrested?

Gurudasa: Three.

Prabhupada: Three times. Our record is that our people were arrested thirty-six times. Now the police have become disgusted. They don’t arrest. This thing is going on in Australia, especially in Melbourne. The devotees have asked me what to do? What to do? Chant Hare Krishna, and you’ll get good opportunity. When you are put into jail, you’ll be free to chant Hare Krishna. So they are doing that. They are not eating. The minister in charge of the jail department, he was perturbed that, "These people are not eating. So they allowed the devotees to cook." But they refused, because in the same kitchen they were cooking flesh. So then after few days, they were let loose. "All right. You go home."

So religious persecution is always there. ...So don’t be afraid. Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Yare dekha tare kaha krsna-upadesa." [Cc. madhya 7.128] This is the mission of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Anyone you meet, any dumb rascal or gentleman, it doesn’t matter. Try to convince him about Krishna and let him inquire about Krsna. Then his life will be successful. – Bhagavatam Lecture, Oct 16th 1972, Vrindavan.