IndiaDivine.org

Mark Twain on India : Cradle of the Human Race

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!"

"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked." --Mark Twain

Guest guest

Maybe he was the one who was helping Jayananda on the Rath cart a few years back ??? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark Twain once offered the opinion, "The easiest way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up".

Kind of accounts for the bliss preaching brings to the preacher. I always liked that.

From a humor point of view I always liked the one about "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Fransico."

And analyzing human social behavior "A lie can get half way around the world before the truth even gets it's shoes on.

Mark Twain once offered the opinion, "The easiest way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up".

Kind of accounts for the bliss preaching brings to the preacher. I always liked that.

Oh, how true!!!

And analyzing human social behavior "A lie can get half way around the world before the truth even gets it's shoes on.

Mark Twain was robbed by bandits just a few miles from my house. I think the bandits progeny are still living around here!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Twain: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Fransico."

Boy, is this the truth! I got out of the Navy in August 1969. I had spent my entire life in Southern California, the D.C. area, and Hawaii. My experience of 22 years was that August is a hot month. When I got to San Francisco in August '69, I had clothes for August. It was windy and freezing cold!

(I walked past the Frederick Street temple and would have gone in, but my friend, who thought he was very hip, didn't want to, alas!)