IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
PN Prasad

Servant and Master

Rate this topic

Sorry, I am not really good at figuring out the words of wisdom, but I think this is what it means.

The two entities that you see as a master and a servant are really not entities, but the personalities in one entity. You see, there is a personality of the servant in you as well as the personality of the master.

However, the personality of the master has come up only through the personality of the servant dissolving into the personality of the master. In other words, the servant's humility and also the knowledge will dissolve and become the master's true personality. It is important, because a master who is egotistical is not a master at all.

Because, how can we have the ego when we are always servants. No spiritual master is really a master, but he/she is a servant of krishna. So , dissolving servant's mentality into the master's mentality (this is all in one living entity) creates a true servant of krishna.

I think that's what it said... but i could be wrong. Please correct me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guest guest

if i dissolve, the master remains without servant!!

(it seems like some mafia movie with people dissolved in acid!!)

but they are seperate personalities in one being/soul. You first adopt the personality of the servant, then dissolve such a personality in to a master's personality, however, you do remain a servant because you have no ego.

I think..... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Living upto the dignity of the Master and Dissolving into the Master indicates that the disciple should follow the teachings of the Master perfectly.

It can be taken in this spirit...."Dissolving into the teachings of the Master in such a way that our whole lifestyle (which includes character and social conduct) is based on the words of the spiritual master. It is to follow the words of the Master exactly and perfectly." With such sincere efforts I'm sure the love and devotion for God and Master can be awakened within our hearts.

This is just a small thought. It might be incorrect too....and anyone can correct me incase it is wrong.

I just wanted all of us to evaluate ourselves whether we are dissolving ourselves into the teachings of the Master. Self-examination and self-evaluation helps us progress on this path.

Theist, I'm sorry if I confused you again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

No, that's ok Prasad. Everyday I wake up confused and bewildered and then I spend the whole day trying to fight through it. I thought you might be saying that we must dissolve our sense of individuality into the guru. I see now you are saying something else.

The relationship between the Master and the disciple is very beautiful. The best that I think about the relationship can be summarized in this nice thought:

"A student comes to a master, a teacher, a guru, with tears in his eyes, there is so much problems. And when he leaves he carries the same tears, but the quality of the tear is different; it’s of gratitude. Still tears flow, but they are of gratitude, of love."

I'm waiting to feel and show this gratitude towards the great masters.

Guest guest

a vaishnava always remains an individual.

he is a bhakta of abhagavan.

so he is not bhagavan.

similarly he is a disciple of a guru,

he is not the guru.

he may be a guru of others.

a vaishanva knows the checks and balance system of guru-sadhu-shastras. a vaishnava is a very good follower of his guru, but he is not a blind follower. he retains the freedom to ask his guru if guru's words or actions or direction does not seem right or proper.

a good guru never expects blind following.

jai srikrishna!