IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Sridhar Maharaja deserted Tripurari Swami?

Rate this topic

According to one of the most senior and informed disciples of Sridhar Maharaja, Tripurari Swami was deserted by Sridhar Maharaja in his last days:

here's the exact reference from the source:

<font color="green">"Which brings us to your assertions concerning Swami. For the sake of accuracy Srila Sridhar Maharaja said the following regarding his installing Srila Govinda Maharaja as Acharya of Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math. Referring specifically to western sannyasis preaching in his name as "the ambitious party and those who want name and fame rather than the substance itseslf," his exact words are excerpted here [note they are in English, intended for English speaking devotees, not targeting Bengalis]: </font color>

<font color="red">

For those that have got no sraddha [faith], they may go away. They may not accept. I do not care. I don't accept them. If anyone has no recognition of this opinion of mine, I do not want them to live in the Mission. I drag them out."

Dr. Asthana: But can they operate from outside and still operate as a part and parcel of you?

Srila Sridhar Maharaja: As a revolt. That is revolt—without sanction—anyone can do. I have deserted them. But they may do anything and everything as they wish and reap the results far from the spiritual world, from God. Unlawful.

Power may be extended and withdrawn also—I want to withdraw myself from them. Those that won't have faith in my decision, I withdraw from them. It is not a fashion but a question of faith. If they have no such faith in me, I withdraw myself from them.

According to their faith—what to think? What to say? Those that do not obey me after my departure means automatically they will be left by me. Only it is a transaction of faith. No right but faith. If no faith in my word, they are automatically rejected… my disciples also, if what they do Govinda Maharaja does not accept, then they will be rejected".</font color>

— Srila Sridhar Maharaja

here's some more:

When Srila Sridhar Maharaja sought Swami's consent to release one of his disciples, Swami refused and thereby challenged Srila Sridhar Maharaja's judgment. Srila Sridhar Maharaja considered this impertinent (maryada vyatikrama). It is from that time, circa 1987, that Swami's nascent relationship with Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math was aborted. Srila Govinda Maharaja tried, behind closed doors, to repair his relationship with Srila Sridhar Maharaja—not the inverse. That he advertises himself as a "siksha disciple" of Srila Sridhar Maharaja appears to be a marketing strategy not unlike the professional who boasted, "I have read Bhagavatam before Gaura Kishore Das Babaji."

Guest guest

Do you mean Swami Maharaj ? Ac Bhaktivedanta Swami or Tirpurai Swami ?

TY

This refers to Tripurari Swami, not Srila Prabhupada.

A disciple of Tripurari Swami wanted to leave Tripurari Swami for Sridhar Maharaja and Sridhar Maharaja sought Tripurari Maharaja's approval. Tripurari Swami opposed that release and it lead to his unfortunate falling out there.

Is there any devotion in that heart or is it all just politics now? Pretty bloody boring from where I sit.

It is unbelievable the amount of aparadha that must be embraced for the simple misunderstanding of a few sentences exchanged in 1977. It seems every vaisnava on the planet is part of the conspiracy. This is likely the reason that no devotion is visible; three weeks and not a drop, the desert of the heart.

"Remember My institutional politics and do not forget them." - Sri Krsna to Arjuna at Kuruksetra

Guest guest

My God, he has hyjacked these forums for his own political agenda. Please stop him in the name of our Lord Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu who has mercifully shown the path of Audarya unto the fallen jivas like myself. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is there something political about telling the truth about how Tripurari Maharaja related to Sridhar Maharaja. This is not politics. I have no agenda

Tripurari Maharaja constantly and consistently makes outragious controversial waves with his opinions published on the internet. Are you suggesting that everybody must now shut-up and let him have his way without opposition?

If he doesn't like the heat then maybe he should stay out of the kitchen? Tripurari Maharaja has got the most controversial opinions about the most controversial issues. Do you fellows expect that the whole world must lay down as you make your progaganda unopposed?

I am the reaction to your propaganda! I am your own birds of karma come home to roost! I am the black to to your white, minus the many shades of gray!

If you can't take a line drive, then you are not ready to be pitcher in the baseball game of controversy.

You all like controversy?

I am controversy.

However, please don't misunderstand me. I actually like Tripurari Maharaja. He is a sweet soul and very dedicated to Krishna concsciousness. I am like a brother of his who is trying to save him from his own foolishness. I am not a brother to stand by and let a brother do something foolish without trying to intervene. He's made mistakes! We've all made mistakes! He needs to face up to some of his mistakes otherwise he will never learn from them and be able to get past them. I am helping him face up to his mistakes, so that he can rectify them, make the corrections and continue to make progress.

Actually, I love Tripurari Maharaja. That is why I am so aggravated to hear him making all these controversial viewpoints known over the internet. He needs to find a better angle, get out on the street and do Hari-Nama, distribute Prabhupada's books, travel and preach by accepting some harship and quit trying to be "Ask Jeeves" of Krishna consciousness on the internet.

so loud. It is like you are standing in the street yelling. I know Tripurari Maharaja since he gave me my first book in O'Hara airport in 1978. He is my dear friend. I could not imagine making a very noisy public condemnation of anyone, what to speak of someone who is "A sweet soul and very dedicated to Krishna concsciousness.", who I assert to love.

Whatever you feel compelled to communicate to Maharaja is of no contention from me, that is your duty as his God brother but please, write him a letter or give him call on the phone but for the sake of decency and proper decorum please stop this standing in the street banging pots and pans approach.

Can you truly imagine Prabhupada observing your approach for resolving this issue and giving complete approval?

I cannot.