IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Illicit sects

Rate this topic

Oh yes, the Joy of sects. How much we love to have illicit sects to please our senses and mind. We are the enjoyer of sects life. When we cant get what we want out of ISKCON we opt for illicit sects to Lord over and accept worship through. Did Prabhupada ever say that giving up on ISKCON and having illicit sects was an option? If the ship goes adrift in the Sea, is jumping ship and trying to swim to shore the best option? Maybe staying aboard the ship to help the captain get the ship back on course would have been a good option. What a failure I am. I jumped ship when the going got a little rough and now I am adrift in the sea in a little boat with a handful of followers. Will I ever find the way back, back to Prabhupada's ship bound for Goloka? Or, will I someday paddle my little lifeboat back home, back to Godhead?

I'm not so sure about the great ISKCON revival, but that is what I have been fighting for over the last several years.

ISKCON was a great society at one time and I would love to see it come back. It might be damaged beyond repair. I am happy as a family man anyway. I don't really like institutional situations if they get too large and unmanagable. If I can get the finances together, I want to develope a retirement home for devotees(me in particular) here in Florida near my favorite beach. That is my real dream. I hope I can make it happen some day. I think we need a Jagannatha temple on the East coast of Florida just like there is in India. And, then enjoy the ocean and the waves as Mahaprabhu did in Puri.

OK, so I am a beach bum trying to justify my sense gratification!