IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
I_love_krishna_

Questions about Gurunomics

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you choose to hear from Srila Prabhupad, and follow his instructions, he IS your siksa-guru, your instructing spiritual master.

If you like you can make a small altar with a picture of Prabhupada and Nitai Gouranga and chant before Them. You don't need anyone's approval for this. It is an intelligent question for sure, but asking the Lord in the heart is the way to get a proper answer for it. Here or from the local temple president you may find so many contradictionary statements and it may confuse you. People will try to pressure you into making some declaration, "Who is your guru?" Ignore this shallow mentality. Become indifferent to it.

Krsna will surely be pleased with your honoring His beloved devotee. It sounds as if He is giving you faith in Srila Prabhupada. You are expressing a desire for him to be your guru. Prabhupada said,"Who you hear from, that is your guru."

So hear from Prabhupada. He is your instructor.

Jagat-guru. Guru for the entire world. That includes you and I. I am not a disciple, far from it, but still it is obvious who is our guru. Some acknowlede it, others ignore it. What remains is to include his discipline in our lives, which includes our feeling lives. That is the hard part.

Sometimes we want to "have" a guru. Why is that? Is it for some social advantage, so we will feel we fit in around the scene at some religious group? That is useless. We need to investigate our own motive along the way, gradually.

Guru disciple relationship should be a private affair of the heart, not a badge we wear on our sleeve.

But don't take any of this from me, ask Supersoul for confirmation and direction.

Haribol

I think you have good advice here from Guruvani and theist. There's no need to wait to think about a guru. We should always aspire to receive good guidance on our path back to Godhead. Krishna will see your sincerity and make the proper arrangement at the proper time. And there's no need to see Srila Prabhupada as an "abstract" guru. What he has given is quite concrete and specific. I always advise anyone aspiring to follow in our line to keep a simple altar with a picture of Gaura-Nitai or Sri Pancha-Tattva and Srila Prabhupada.