IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
zuzu

Krishna Das

Rate this topic

I really like Krishna Prema dasa's CDs. Amazing guitarist from Italy. The karmis love the jazzy Future Ragas CD, and freak out at the end when he breaks into the mahamantra for the last cut.

And if anyone comes across a 2 CD set called Vrindavan Mellows, be sure to buy it. Nothing but Mahamantra from Vrindavan.

I saw this devotee perform in LA around 86 or 87. He pulled out an stringed instrument the likes of which I had never seen before nor since and proceeded to do a stunning exhibition of musical skill. Not only in the sense of perfect technique but in terms of absolutely original style.

Around the world people who deeply know and appreciate music, not just as some clanging hook that drones in the background as one pursues other various sense gratifications but as an art form, would surely have paid generous sums to see this display. Yet there he was at the temple, Sunday feast, playing, the pleasure of the vaisnavas his only fee.