IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Registered users posting as guest

Rate this topic

Since a number of registered users have been simultaneously posting as guests, I will repost my original message on this subject:

We are considering a new feature that will allow non-registered users to post messages under the name "Guest". This is only for the convenience of passers-by, who don't want to go through the whole registration process. It will not be allowed for registered users (it is for "Guests").

I think this would encourage many of the new visitors to participate, and after having participated, they may latter consider becoming registered members.

We will not allow people to abuse this feature, and we will be extremely strict on moderating guest posts. Things that we would allow with registered members, we may not allow by guest posters.

Again, registered members will not be allowed to post as guests. It is meant for new people who may be just surfing the net looking for information on Hinduism.

Guest posters will not be able to choose any name for their post. It will say posted by "Guest".

Any opinions on this idea? If there are no serious objections, I will implement this in three or four days.

All registered members should at least mention their name in their post if they post as a guest.

And no registered member will be allowed to criticize others while hiding as a guest. If you do this you risk being banned.

The guest feature is for those who stumble upon the forums through a search engine and may want to quickly post a question without going through the registration process. Please do not misuse this feature.

In the past couple weeks five or six registered users have been pretending to be guests to criticize other registered users. This will no longer be tolerated.

You can post as a guest if you are just reposting a non-offensive article from somewhere else, or if there is something personal you dont want identified with yourself. But if you are going to participate in discussions and debates, please identify yourself. At least add a signature to your guest posts with your name as some are already doing.