theist

shared experience

Rate this topic

Noticed this on VNN

EDITORIAL

April 27, 2003 VNN8010

Unfriendly To Whom?

BY BISHOP PIERFRANCESCO IMPACIATORRE

EDITORIAL, Apr 27 (VNN) — The recent editorial on your page by a homosexual did not go unnoticed. Although a catholic, I have carefully read some of the books of one of your head priests, "Swami Prabhupada". His comment about them is, "they do unspeakable things". Those are his words.

Indeed, his ISKCON church is still reeling from their past infiltration into what you call brahmachari and sannyasi departments.

History has graphically shown that they do not give up their sexual inclinations, but carry them purposely into those departments of the monkhood in order to, for one thing, sodomize the little children in the church schools. It is no wonder then, that your church members in that organization are not friendly. Who wants the potential of having their child abused by someone right in the same church? And how many more 400 million dollar lawsuits can you risk? Ignoring all of this, they proudly ask for special privileges on your web page.

That article caught my attention because our church is also experiencing similar problems, where the congregation and priesthood has become corrupted by homosexuals who use the church as a vent for their activities. What has this kind of thing got to do with religion and god anyway?

My recollection of Swami Prabhupada's book is that he demanded that the church members give up illicit sex. So how can a member of your church, bound up in the concept of unspeakable illicit sex, advertise for special priviliges? In our church we have our problems, and it looks like you have yours.

May the lord bless you. Hail mary, full of grace.

Pierfrancesco Impaciatorre

I too was very happy to read:<blockquote>I have carefully read some of the books of one of your head priests, "Swami Prabhupada".</blockquote>

I wonder if he did it on his own time or whether it was an assignment.

Yes that was great. I got the impression it was just his own interest and concern. There is a bridge started to this individual. Actually it may have been started by him. I want very much for the knowledge Srila Prabhupada left the world to find its way into Christianity. Presently I am seeing mayavadi infiltration into the ranks. People advance and no longer remain under the influence of a hair-trigger spiteful conception of God. That's good. But there is little to nothing in the Bible to replace it with so their minds are accepting the mayavada conclusion out of default.

Krsna is all-attractive. Soooo loveable. To know Him, I suspect, is to love Him. I am praying that He sends some empowered soul to bridge this gap in a scholarly yet simple way for the protection of these our theistic brothers.