IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anadi

The perfection of life

Rate this topic

Discussion between Ramananda Raya and Sri Caitanya regarding the perfection of life.

Ramananda Raya continued:

TEXT 100

"When the gopis began to talk among themselves, they said, 'Dear friends, the gopi who has been taken away by Krsna to a secluded place must have worshiped the Lord more than anyone else.' "

TEXT 101

prabhu kahe----age kaha, sunite pai sukhe

apurvamrta-nadi vahe tomara mukhe

Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please speak on. I am very happy to hear you because a river of unprecedented nectar is flowing from your mouth.

TEXT 102

curi kari' radhake nila gopi-ganera dare

anyapeksa haile premera gadhata na sphure

"During the rasa dance Sri Krsna did not exchange loving affairs with Srimati Radharani due to the presence of the other gopis. Because of the dependence of the others, the intensity of love between Radha and Krsna was not manifest. Therefore He stole Her away.

TEXT 103

radha lagi' gopire yadi saksat kare tyaga

tabe jani,----radhaya krsnera gadha-anuraga

"If Lord Krsna rejected the company of the other gopis for Srimati Radharani, we can understand that Lord Sri Krsna has intense affection for Her."

Guest guest

Discussion between Ramananda Raya and Sri Caitanya regarding the perfection of life.

Ramananda Raya continued, "Please therefore hear from me about the glories of Srimati Radharani's loving affairs. They are beyond compare within these three worlds.

"Finding Herself treated equally with all the other gopis, Srimati Radharani displayed Her tricky behavior and left the circle of the rasa dance. Missing Srimati Radharani's presence, Krsna became very unhappy and began to lament and wander throughout the forest to search Her out.

" 'Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, took Srimati Radharani within His heart, for He desired to dance with Her. Thus He left the arena of the rasa dance and the company of all the other beautiful damsels of Vraja.'

" 'Being afflicted by the arrow of Cupid and unhappily regretting His mistreating Radharani, Madhava, Lord Krsna, began to search for Srimati Radharani along the banks of the Yamuna River. When He failed to find Her, He entered the bushes of Vrndavana and began to lament.

"Simply by considering these two (last) verses one can understand what nectar there is in such dealings. It is exactly like freeing a mine of nectar.

Ramananda Raya continued

"Although Krsna was in the midst of hundreds of thousands of gopis during the rasa dance, He still kept Himself in one of His transcendental forms by the side of Srimati Radharani.

"Lord Krsna is equal to everyone in His general dealings, but due to the conflicting ecstatic love of Srimati Radharani, there were opposing elements.

" 'The progress of loving affairs between a young boy and a young girl is like the movement of a snake. On account of this, two types of anger arise between a young boy and girl--anger with cause and anger without cause.'

"When Radharani left the rasa dance out of anger and resentment, Lord Sri Krsna became very anxious because He could not see Her.

"Lord Krsna's desire in the rasa-lila circle <font color="red"> is perfectly complete</font color> , but <font color="blue"> Srimati Radharani is the binding link </font color> in that desire.

Ramananda Raya continued

tanha vinu rasa-lila nahi bhaya citte

mandali chadiya gela radha anvesite

"The rasa dance does not shine in the heart of Krsna

<font color="blue"> without Srimati Radharani </font color> .

Therefore, He also gave up the circle of the rasa dance and went out to search for Her."

"The rasa dance does not shine in the heart of Krsna

without Srimati Radharani .

Therefore, He also gave up the circle of the rasa dance and went out to search for Her."

Krsna doesn't even have a heart without Srimati Radharani! He, too,

must take care to avoid apaRADHA ...

Commentary from a canadian friend.

Ramanada Raya continued:

"When Krsna went out to search for Srimati Radharani, He wandered here and there. But not finding Her, He became afflicted by the arrow of Cupid and began to lament.

"Since Krsna's (transcendental) lusty desires were not satisfied even in the midst of hundreds of thousands of gopis and He was thus searching after Srimati Radharani, we can easily imagine how transcendentally qualified She is."

After hearing this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Ramananda Raya, "That for which I have come to your residence has now become an object of truth in My knowledge.

"Now I have come to understand the sublime goal of life and the process of achieving it. Nevertheless, I think that there is something more ahead, and My mind is desiring to have it.

Guest guest

rati-prema-taratamye bhakta-tara-tama

"Attraction and love are the ultimate goal of devotional service.

The degrees of such attraction and love for God distinguish the different stages of devotion-neophyte, intermediate and perfectional." (Cc. Madhya 22.71)

An intermediate devotee is greatly attracted to chanting the holy name, and by chanting he is elevated to the platform of love.

Guest guest

Sri Caitanya said

'krsnera svarupa' kaha 'radhara svarupa'

'rasa' kon tattva, 'prema'----kon tattva-rupa

"Kindly explain the transcendental features of Krsna and Srimati Radharani. Also explain the truth of transcendental mellows and the transcendental form of love of Godhead.

krpa kari' ei tattva kaha ta' amare

toma-vina keha iha nirupite nare

"Kindly explain all these truths to Me. But for yourself, no one can do so."

raya kahe,----iha ami kichui na jani

tumi yei kahao, sei kahi ami vani

Sri Ramananda Raya replied, "I do not know anything about this. I simply vibrate the sound You make me speak.

tomara siksaya padi yena suka-patha

saksat isvara tumi, ke bujhe tomara nata

"I simply repeat like a parrot whatever instructions You have given me. You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. Who can understand Your dramatic performances?

hrdaye prerana kara, jihvaya kahao vani

ki kahiye bhala-manda, kichui na jani

"You inspire me within the heart and make me speak with the tongue. I do not know whether I am speaking well or badly."

Guest guest

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I am a Mayavadi in the renounced order of life, and I do not even know what transcendental loving service to the Lord is. I simply float in the ocean of Mayavada philosophy.

"Due to the association of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, My mind has been enlightened. Therefore I have asked Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya about the truths of transcendental loving service to Krsna.

"Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya told me, 'I do not actually know about the topics of Lord Krsna. They are all known only to Ramananda Raya, but he is not present here.' "

Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "After hearing about your glories, I have come to your place. But you are offering Me words of praise out of respect for a sannyasi, one in the renounced order of life.

As Ramananda Raya on his part said he doesn’t know anything,

Sri Caitanya said He came to take lessons on the topics of love of Krsna,

being inspired by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya,

both of them trying to take a humble position,

thereby Sri Caitanya spoke a famous verse, addressing Ramananda Raya

kiba vipra, kiba nyasi, sudra kene naya

yei krsna-tattva-vetta, sei 'guru' haya

"Whether one is a brahmana, a sannyasi or a sudra--regardless of what he is--he can become a spiritual master if he knows the science of Krsna."

Guest guest

The perfection of life and the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu

CC.2.18.3-11

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced in ecstasy, but when He arrived at Aritgrama, His sense perception was awakened.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the local people,"Where is Radha-kunda?" No one could inform Him, and the brahmana accompanying Him did not know either.

The Lord then understood that the holy place called Radha-kunda was no longer visible. However, being the omniscient Supreme Personality of Godhead, He discovered Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda in two paddy fields. There was only a little water, but He took His bath there.

When the people of the village saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taking His bath in those two ponds in the middle of the paddy fields, they were very astonished. The Lord then offered His prayers to Sri Radha-kunda.

Of all the gopis, Radharani is the dearmost. Similarly, the lake known as Radha-kunda is very dear to the Lord because it is very dear to Srimati Radharani.

Srimati Radharani is most dear to Lord Krsna, and Her lake known as Radha-kunda is also very dear to Him. Of all the gopis, Srimati Radharani is certainly the most beloved.

In that lake, Lord Krsna and Srimati Radharani used to sport daily in the water and have a rasa dance on the bank.

Indeed, Lord Krsna gives ecstatic love like that of Srimati Radharani to whoever bathes in that lake even once in his life.

The attraction of Radha-kunda is as sweet as that of Srimati Radharani. Similarly, the glories of the kunda [lake] are as glorious as Srimati Radharani.

Sri Caitanya uncovered Radha kunda being most merciful, weep and dance and be joyful, you residents of vraja

Indeed, Lord Krsna gives ecstatic love like that of Srimati Radharani to whoever bathes in that lake even once in his life.

Guest guest

raya ramananda samvanda

sannyasi' baliya more na kariha vancana

krsna-radha-tattva kahi' purna kara mana

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Please do not try to cheat me, thinking of Me as a learned sannyasi. Please satisfy My mind by just describing the truth of Radha and Krsna."

Guest guest

Ramananda Raya uvaca (CC 2.8.138):

"In the spiritual realm of Vrndavana, Krsna is the spiritual ever-fresh Cupid. He is worshiped by the chanting of the Kama-gayatri mantra with the spiritual seed klim.

PURPORT by Sbv Svami Prabhupada

This Vrndavana is described in the Brahma-samhita (5.56) in this way:

The spiritual realm of Vrndavana is always spiritual. The goddess of fortune and the gopis are always present there. They are Krsna's beloveds, and all of them are as spiritual as Krsna. In Vrndavana, Krsna is the Supreme Person and is the husband of all the gopis and the goddess of fortune. The trees in Vrndavana are wish-fulfilling trees. The land is made of touchstone, and the water is nectar. Words are musical vibrations, and all movements are dancing. The flute is the Lord's constant companion. The planet Goloka Vrndavana is self-luminous like the sun and is full of spiritual bliss. The perfection of life lies in tasting that spiritual existence; therefore everyone should cultivate its knowledge. In Vrndavana, spiritual cows are always supplying spiritual milk. Not a single moment is wasted there--in other words, there is no past, present or future. Not a single particle of time is wasted. Within this material universe, the devotees worship that transcendental abode as Goloka Vrndavana. Lord Brahma himself said, "Let me worship that spiritual land where Krsna is present." This transcendental Vrndavana is not appreciated by those who are not devotees or self-realized souls because this Vrndavana-dhama is all spiritual. The pastimes of the Lord there are also spiritual. None are material. According to a prayer by Srila Narottama dasa Thakura (Prarthana 1):

ara kabe nitai-candera karuna haibe

samsara-vasana mora kabe tuccha habe

"When will Lord Nityananda have mercy upon me so that I can realize the uselessness of material pleasure?"

visaya chadiya kabe suddha habe mana

kabe hama heraba sri-vrndavana

"When will my mind be cleansed of all material dirt so that I will be able to feel the presence of spiritual Vrndavana?"

rupa-raghunatha-pade haibe akuti

kabe hama bujhaba se yugala-piriti

"When will I be attracted to the instructions of the Gosvamis so that I will be ableto understand what is Radha and Krsna and what is Vrndavana?"

Mana sikSa

gurau gosthe gosthalayishu sujane bhusura-gane

sva-mantre Sri namni vraja-nava-yuva-dvandva-sharane

sada dambham hitva kuru ratim apurvam atitara-

maye svantar bhratah catubhir abhiyace dhrita-padah

O my dear brother, my foolish mind!

Taking hold of your feet, I humbly pray to you with sweet words.

Please give up all pride and quickly develop sublime and incessant rati for Sri Gurudeva, Sri.

Vraja-dhAma, the residents of Vraja, the VaiSNavas, the brAhmaNas, your dikSa mantras,

the holy names of the Supreme Lord, and the shelter of (KiSora-KiSoris, Sri Sri Radha-Krsna), the eternally youthful divine couple of Vraja.

****"When will my mind be cleansed of all material dirt so that I will be able to feel the presence of spiritual Vrndavana?"

It is spiritual mood. It prema, it not neophits prayer.

I that not correctly I do write? Insults?

Guest guest

Dont play the innocent (remember what you wrote about guru and anadi).

Please dont read this thread anymore, it makes you to not control your tongue (hand).

***Dont play the innocent (remember what you wrote about guru and anadi).

It is not for you. I am speak abhout another guru boy.

***Please dont read this thread anymore, it makes you to not control your tongue (hand).

Do not offence guru others, and sleep pacefully. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

When will my mind be cleansed of all material dirt ?"

It is spiritual mood. It prema, it not neophits prayer.

The first part:

When will my mind be cleansed of all material dirt

should be the prayer of every devotee.

Every devotee should endeavor to clean his mind, chanting his gayatri mantras doing nama bhajan and hearing hari katha from the realized souls.

The second part:

so that I will be able to feel the presence of spiritual Vrndavana

should be the endeavor of every gaudya vaisnava falling in the footsteps of the rezidents of Vraja.

This second part should be understood as sadhya of the bhakta, and his lamentation comes to teach us to clean our mind, for attaining that goal.

By the mercy of his guru one can have this realization.

If you feel pushed to a stage of faith developement for which you are not ready, do not take association with such persons (or threads), and do not criticize others trying to push them at a stage that they might have outgrown.

Popocatepetl

the fool of Her Majesty

Guest guest

CC Madya lila 8.140-141

Wanting to satisfy Mahaprabhu, Raya Ramananda continued,

" 'When Krsna left the rasa-lila dance, the gopis became very morose, and when they were grieving, Krsna reappeared dressed in yellow garments. Wearing a flower garland and smiling, He was attractive even to Cupid. In this way Krsna appeared among the gopis.'

"Each and every devotee has a certain type of transcendental mellow in relation to Krsna. But in all transcendental relationships the devotee is the worshiper [asraya], and Krsna is the object of worship [visaya].

Guest guest

Raya Ramananda continued

CC Madhya 8.143-144

"Krsna is all-attractive for devotees in all devotional mellows because He is the personification of the conjugal mellow. Krsna is attractive not only to all the devotees, but to Himself as well.

visvesam anuranjanena janayann anandam indivara-

sreni-syamala-komalair upanayann angair anangotsavam

svacchandam vraja-sundaribhir abhitah praty-angam alingitah

srngarah sakhi murtiman iva madhau mugdho harih kridati

" 'My dear friends, just see how Sri Krsna is enjoying the season of spring! With the gopis embracing each of His limbs, He is like amorous love personified. With His transcendental pastimes, He enlivens all the gopis and the entire creation. With His soft bluish black arms and legs, which resemble blue lotus flowers, He has created a festival for Cupid.'

This is a verse from the Gita-govinda (1.11) by Jayadeva Gosvami.

After the hindi translation, maybe next year will come the english one.

Guest guest

Ramananda Raya continued

Let Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, be glorified! By virtue of His expanding attractive features, He subjugated the gopis named Taraka and Pali and absorbed the minds of Syama and Lalita. He is the most attractive lover of Srimati Radharani and is the reservoir of pleasure for devotees in all devotional mellows.

Krsna is all-attractive for devotees in all devotional mellows because He is the personification of the conjugal mellow. Krsna is attractive not only to all the devotees, but to Himself as well.

laksmi-kantadi avatarera hare mana

laksmi-adi nari-ganera kare akarsana

He also attracts Narayana, who is the incarnation of Sankarsana and the husband of the goddess of fortune. He attracts not only Narayana but also all women, headed by the goddess of fortune, the consort of Narayana

Guest guest

CC. Madhya 8.146

Raya Ramananda continued

"Addressing Krsna and Arjuna, Lord Maha-Visnu [the Mahapurusa] said, 'I wanted to see both of you, and therefore I have brought the sons of the brahmana here. Both of you have appeared in the material world to reestablish religious principles, and you have both appeared here with all your potencies. After killing all the demons, please quickly return to the spiritual world.'

PURPORT

This is a quotation from Srimad-Bhagavatam (10.89.58) concerning Krsna's endeavor to take Arjuna beyond the material universe when Arjuna was searching for the sons of a brahmana.

Lord Maha-Visnu, who is situated beyond this material world, was also attracted by the bodily features of Krsna. Maha-Visnu had actually stolen the sons of the brahmana in Dvaraka so that Krsna and Arjuna would come visit Him. This verse is quoted to show that Krsna is so attractive that He attracts Maha-Visnu.

Guest guest

Ramananda Raya continued to speak about the original form

Brajendra nandana sri Krishna

"Lord Krsna's sweetness is so attractive that it steals away His own mind. Thus He even wants to embrace Himself.

" 'Upon seeing His own reflection in a bejeweled pillar of His Dvaraka palace, Krsna desired to embrace it, saying, "Alas, I have never seen such a person before. Who is He? Just by seeing Him I have become eager to embrace Him, exactly like Srimati Radharani." ' "

This is a verse from Srila Rupa Gosvami's Lalita-madhava (8.34).

Guest guest

Sri Ramananda Raya then said, "I have thus briefly explained the original form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Now let me describe the position of Srimati Radharani.

"Krsna has unlimited potencies, which can be divided into three main parts. These are the spiritual potency, the material potency and the marginal potency, which is known as the living entities.

"In other words, these are all potencies of God--internal, external and marginal. But the internal potency is the Lord's personal energy and stands over the other two.

"Originally Lord Krsna is sac-cid-ananda-vigraha, the transcendental form of eternity, bliss and knowledge; therefore His personal potency, the internal potency, has three different forms.

"Hladini is His aspect of bliss; sandhini, of eternal existence; and samvit, of cognizance, which is also accepted as knowledge.

"The potency called hladini (Srimati Radhika) gives Krsna transcendental pleasure. Through this pleasure potency, Krsna personally tastes all spiritual pleasure.

"Lord Krsna tastes all kinds of transcendental happiness, although He Himself is happiness personified. The pleasure relished by His pure devotees is also manifest by His pleasure potency (Srimati Radhika).

Guest guest

"Lord Nityananda alone possesses the distinctive function of the guru. Nityananda is the servant of God, serving Gaurasundara by the distinctive method of reverential servitude. He is identical with Sri Balarama of Krishna-lila. Sri Balarama is not a chum of Krishna, but His respected elder brother. Individual souls are under the direction of Nityananda. They receive the service of Sri Gaurasundara or Krishna at His hands.

Nityananda is the ultimate source of the jiva and the jiva is a potency of Nityananda. Nityananda and His companions form one of the five groups of the associates of Lord Caitanya, whose distinctive function is that of guru. But Nityananda does not directly instruct in the confidential service of Krishna.

Srimati Radhika is the guru of the inner circle of the servants of Krishna. Srimati Radharani however accepts the offering of service of only those souls who are especially favored by Nityananda and are deemed by Him to be fit for Her service. There is therefore a most intimate relationship between the function of Nityananda and that of Srimati Radharani." ( Harmonist, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur)

Nityananda Prabhu requested everyone to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chant His glories and utter His name. Nityananda Prabhu claimed that person to be His life and soul who rendered devotional service unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. In this way, Srila Nityananda Prabhu introduced the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to everyone without discrimination. Even though the people were fallen souls and blasphemers, they were delivered by this process." (Cc. Madhya 29-30)