IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anadi

The perfection of life

Rate this topic

Ramananda Raya continued, " 'O brahmana, what pious activities did Nanda Maharaja performed by which he received the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna as his son, and what pious activities did mother Yasoda perform that made the Absolute Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna call her "mother" and suck her breasts?'

" 'The favor mother Yasoda obtained from Sri Krsna, the bestower of liberation, was never obtained even by Lord Brahma or Lord Siva, nor even by the goddess of fortune, who always remains on the chest of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Visnu.' "

How high is the love of mother Yasoda?

When the milk on the stove understood that the breast milk of mother Yasoda is without limit and the desire of Krsna for that milk is also without limit,

The milk decided to put an end to his life, because he cannot serve his prana natha (the milk is also a spiritual being), and wanted to jump in the fire.

Mother Yasoda understood the intention of the milk on the stove, and wanted to put Krsna down. Krsna grabed mother Yasoda with His hands and feet. But Mother Yasoda without any effort put Him down.

Oh, by the power of her love.

But when Putana tried to escape from Krsna s embrace, she had no chance.

How glorious is the love of mother Yasoda, and how that prema can control Krsna!

kanta prema - the loving relation between lover and beloved

The Lord said, "Your statements are certainly getting better and better one after the other,

but surpassing all of them is another transcendental mellow,

and you can speak of that as the most sublime."

Ramananda Raya then replied,

"Conjugal attachment for Krsna is the topmost position in love of Godhead.

Commentary by Srila BV Svami Prabhupada

In general, love of Godhead is devoid of the

intimacy <font color="blue"> (vishrambena)</font color> of ownership <font color="blue"> (mamata)</font color> .

In the case of love in servitude, there is a <font color="red"> want of confidence</font color> .

There is a want of increased affection in the fraternal relationship, but when this affection increases in the paternal relationship,

there is nonetheless <font color="blue"> a want </font color> of complete freedom.

However, when one becomes a conjugal lover of Krsna, everything lacking in the other relationships is <font color="red"> completely manifest</font color> .

Love of Godhead lacks nothing in the conjugal stage.

The summary of this verse is that paternal love of Godhead is certainly higher than fraternal love and that conjugal love is higher yet. It was when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested Ramananda Raya to go further that he came to the point of the conjugal relationship, which is the highest perfectional stage of transcendental love.

"Conjugal attachment for Krsna is the topmost position in love of Godhead."

nayam sriyo 'nga u nitanta-rateh prasadah

svar-yositam nalina-gandha-rucam kuto 'nyah

rasotsave 'sya bhuja-danda-grhita-kantha-

labdhasisam ya udagad vraja-sundarinam

" 'When Lord Sri Krsna was dancing with the gopis in the rasa-lila,

He put His arms around their necks and embraced them.

This transcendental favor was never bestowed upon the goddess of fortune

or the other consorts in the spiritual world.

Nor was such a thing even imagined by the most beautiful girls in the heavenly planets, girls whose bodily luster and aroma resemble the lotus flower.

And what to speak of worldly women who may be very, very beautiful according to material estimation?'

This verse (S.B. 10.47.60) was spoken by Uddhava when he visited Sri Vrndavana to deliver a message from Krsna to the gopis. Uddhava remained in Vrndavana to observe the gopis there. When he saw the ecstatic love for Krsna in separation manifested by the gopis,

he was struck with wonder to see their supreme love and therefore expressed his feelings in this verse.

In separtion the heart breaks and the love pours out,

so some can see and understand the glories of the love of the gopis and specially the glories of the love of Srimati Radharani.

He admitted that the fortune of the gopis could not be compared even to the fortune of the goddess of fortune, to say nothing of the beautiful girls in the heavenly planets.

Guest guest

***In separtion the heart breaks and the love pours out,

What needs Lord Caitanya take separation? /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ramananda Raya continued

'Suddenly, due to the their feelings of separation, Lord Krsna appeared among the gopis dressed in yellow garments and wearing a flower garland. His lotus face was smiling, and He was directly attracting the mind of Cupid.'

"There are various means and processes by which one may attain the favor of Lord Krsna. All those transcendental processes will be studied from the viewpoint of comparative importance."

"It is true that whatever relationship a particular devotee has with the Lord is the best for him; still, <font color="red"> when we study </font color> all the different methods <font color="red"> from a neutral position</font color> , we can understand that there are <font color="blue"> higher and lower degrees of love</font color> ."

Raya Ramananda continued:

yathottaram asau svada-

visesollasa-mayy api

ratir vasanaya svadvi

bhasate kapi kasyacit

'Increasing love is experienced in various tastes,

one above another.

But that love which has the highest taste

in the gradual succession of desires

manifests itself in the form of conjugal love.'

Ramananda Raya continued

purva-purva-rasera guna----pare pare haya

dui-tina ganane panca paryanta badaya

"There is a gradual order of improvement in transcendental mellows

from the initial ones to the later ones.

In each subsequent mellow

the qualities of the previous mellows are manifest, counting from two, then three, and

up to the point of five complete qualities.

Ramananda Raya continued

gunadhikye svadadhikya bade prati-rase

santa-dasya-sakhya-vatsalyera guna madhurete vaise

"As the qualities increase,

so the taste also increases

in each and every mellow.

Therefore the qualities found in

santa-rasa,

dasya-rasa,

sakhya-rasa and

vatsalya-rasa are all manifest in conjugal love

[madhurya-rasa].

Ramananda Raya continued:

"Complete attainment of the lotus feet of Lord Krsna is made possible by love of Godhead, specifically madhurya-rasa, or conjugal love. Lord Krsna is indeed captivated by this standard of love. This is stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam."

Purport By Srila BV Svami Prabhupada

To explain the topmost quality of conjugal love, Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami gives the example of the material elements--sky, air, fire, water and earth. In the sky (space) there is the quality of sound. Similarly, in air there are the qualities of sound and touch. In fire, there are three qualities--sound, touch and form. In water there are four qualities--sound, touch, form and taste. Finally, in earth there are all five qualities--sound, touch, form, taste and also smell. Now, one can see that the quality of the sky is in all--namely in air, fire, water and earth. In earth we can find all the qualities of material nature. The same can be applied to the rasa known as madhurya-rasa, or conjugal love. In conjugal love there are the qualities of neutrality, servitorship, fraternity and paternal affection, as well as conjugal love itself. The conclusion is that through conjugal love the Lord is completely satisfied.

Conjugal love (madhurya-rasa) is also known as srngara-rasa. It is the conclusion of Srimad-Bhagavatam that in the complete combination of loving service to the Lord--namely in conjugal love--the Supreme Lord fully agrees to be under the control of the devotee.

The <font color="red"> highest form of conjugal love </font color>

is represented by Srimati Radharani;

therefore in the pastimes of Radha and Krsna we can see that Krsna is <font color="blue"> always </font color> subjugated

<font color="red"> by Srimati Radharani's influence.</font color>

Ramananda Raya continued,

"Lord Krsna told the gopis,

'The means of attaining <font color="red"> My favor </font color> is

<font color="blue"> bhakti unto Me</font color> , and

fortunately you are all thus engaged.

Those living beings who render service unto Me

are eligible to be transferred to the spiritual world

and attain eternal life with knowledge and bliss.'

Bhakti to Sri Krsna is not possible directly,

no here and nor there in aprakat lila.

His Hladini Shakti whose embodiment is Srimati Radharani

will engage us in His service according our capability.

The center of all loving activities in madhurya rasa is bhagavan Sri Krsna.

In madhurya rasa Krsna cannot keep His promise made in His gita

"Lord Krsna has made a firm promise for all time.

If one renders service unto Him, Krsna correspondingly gives him an equal amount of success in devotional service to the Lord.

'As all surrender unto Me, I reward them accordingly. Everyone follows My path in all respects, O son of Prtha.'

"In Srimad-Bhagavatam [10.32.22] it is said that Lord Krsna cannot proportionately reciprocate devotional service in the madhurya-rasa; therefore He always remains a debtor to such devotees.

"When the gopis were overwhelmed with dissatisfaction due to Lord Krsna's absence from the rasa-lila, Krsna returned to them and told them,

'My dear gopis, our meeting is certainly free from all material contamination. I must admit that in many lives it would be impossible for Me to repay My debt to you because you have cut off the bondage of family life just to search for Me.

<font color="blue"> Consequently I am unable to repay you. </font color>

Therefore please be satisfied with your honest activities in this regard.'

"Although Krsna's unparalleled beauty is the topmost sweetness of love of Godhead,

His sweetness increases unlimitedly when He is in the company of the gopis.

Consequently <font color="red"> Krsna's exchange of love with the gopis</font color> is

the <font color="blue"> topmost perfection of love</font color> of Godhead.

Purport by SBV Svami Prabhupada

Krsna and His devotees become perfectly intimate in conjugal love of Godhead. <font color="blue"> In other mellows, the Lord and the devotees do not enjoy transcendental bliss as perfectly</font color> . The next verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam (10.33.6) will illustrate this verse.

" 'Although the son of Devaki, the Supreme Personality of Godhead,

is also the reservoir of all kinds of beauty,

when He is among the gopis He nonetheless becomes more beautiful, for He resembles a marakata jewel surrounded by gold and other jewels.' "

Guest guest

trying to be an authority on the most intimate subject,

while remaining ignorant on the most basic level,

is a waste of your time.

the activities described in shastra are not revealed

to the person with mundane vision, they are only

appreciable when you understand the true nature

of God.

this is a warning form authorized sources, trying to undertstand Krishna lila, without first understanding

the message of the bhagavatam, which gives knowledge concerning the nature of God, is leading you to interpret

the lila through mundane vision, you will see

them as the mundane viewers do, Radha is one person, Krishna is a different person, and so on.

that is not the actual truth of the bhagavatam, god is one person, and without that proper education you are only

wasting time and energy on a delusional conception.

" 'Although the son of Devaki, the Supreme Personality of Godhead,

is also the reservoir of all kinds of beauty,

when He is among the gopis He nonetheless becomes more beautiful, for He resembles a marakata jewel surrounded by gold and other jewels.' "

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "This is certainly the limit of perfection, but please be merciful to Me and speak more if there is more."

Guest guest

****Consequently Krsna's exchange of love with the gopis is

the topmost perfection of love of Godhead.

In Gaudiya Vaisnavism it is do in other mood. Love it is not teorethical plays, and not politikal plays.

"Me guru best", "me sects best", "i am in higher bhava" - it is kanistha.

Hare Krisna.

TEXT 94

TEXT

yadyapi krsna-saundarya----madhuryera dhurya

vraja-devira sange tanra badaye madhurya

SYNONYMS

yadyapi--although; krsna-saundarya--the beauty of Lord Krsna; madhuryera--of sweetness; dhurya--the supermost; vraja-devira--the gopis; sange--in company with; tanra--His; badaye--increases; madhurya--the sweetness.

TRANSLATION

"Although Krsna's unparalleled beauty is the topmost sweetness of love of Godhead, His sweetness increases unlimitedly when He is in the company of the gopis. Consequently Krsna's <font color="blue"> exchange of love with the gopis is the topmost perfection of love of Godhead</font color> .

PURPORT

Krsna and His devotees become perfectly intimate in conjugal love of Godhead. In other mellows, the Lord and the devotees do not enjoy transcendental bliss as perfectly. The next verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam (10.33.6) will illustrate this verse.

TEXT 95

TEXT

tatratisusubhe tabhir

bhagavan devaki-sutah

madhye maninam haimanam

maha-marakato yatha

SYNONYMS

tatra--there; ati-susubhe--was very beautiful; tabhih--by them; bhagavan--the Supreme Personality of Godhead; devaki-sutah--son of Devaki; madhye--in the midst; maninam--of valuable jewels; haimanam--lined with gold; maha-marakatah--the jewel of the name marakata; yatha--as.

TRANSLATION

" 'Although the son of Devaki, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is also the reservoir of all kinds of beauty, when He is among the gopis He nonetheless becomes more beautiful, for He resembles a marakata jewel surrounded by gold and other jewels.' "

TEXT 96

TEXT

prabhu kahe,----ei 'sadhyavadhi' suniscaya

krpa kari' kaha, yadi age kichu haya

SYNONYMS

prabhu kahe--Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied; ei--this; sadhya-avadhi--the highest limit of perfection; su-niscaya--certainly; krpa kari'--being merciful to Me; kaha--please speak; yadi--if; age--further; kichu haya--there is something.

TRANSLATION

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, <font color="red"> "This is certainly the limit of perfection</font color> , but please be merciful to Me and speak more if there is more."

Guest guest

***Consequently Krsna's exchange of love with the gopis is the topmost perfection of love of Godhead .

This is go in TWO moods! TWO, not ONE! It is big love DO NOT understand this.

***exchange of love with the gopis is the topmost perfection of love of Godhead

In this exchange vipralambha-exchange is top.

They not understand mood Lord Caitanya, and speak abhout rasa.

SBT work like Laksmi devi, He is open spiritual riches. SBST - sambandha Krisna lila and kripa Lord Caitanya - gaura karuna sakti. SP bring whole thing, He is preach one mood, supreme mood. SP preach raganuga devotion, His books real way path raganuga. This is not theoretical descriptions. SP avatara Lord Caitanya in His mood.

This message for all big preachers kali yuga.

Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied,

"This is certainly the limit of perfection, but please be merciful to Me and speak more if there is more."

Raya Ramananda replied,

"Until this day I did not know anyone within this material world who could inquire <font color="blue"> beyond this perfectional stage of devotional service</font color> .

"Among the loving affairs of the gopis,

" Ramananda Raya continued,

"Srimati Radharani's love for Sri Krsna is topmost.

Indeed, <font color="red"> the glories of Srimati Radharani are highly esteemed in all revealed scriptures</font color> .

What are Krsna's thoughts when He is in Mathura and Dvaraka and feeling separation from Radhika? He prays to Her,

"O Aradhya! O most worshipful Radha!

My mind always remains with You.

I'm always anxious for the dust of Your lotus feet. Somehow, in some form, I stay in Vrndavana.

O Srimati Radhika, In search for You only am I roaming in those forests and playing on My flute.

O Radhike, I go to the Yamuna, not to take bath, but only to meet with You.

Otherwise there is no need to go there. I sit on the bank of Yamuna only to meet with You and serve You."

"I stopped grazing cows, and I stopped all other activities.

Seeing Your beauty I became uncontrollably eager;

My eyes moved here and there and My mind was restless. I used to wait underneath a kadamba tree, thinking, 'When will She come by this way?'

I am meditating upon Your qualities, and upon Your beauty which is like the auspicious svati-naksatra constellation. The skylark (cakora) won't drink any other water besides the water coming from the clouds at the time of the svati constellation. Similarly,

<font color="red"> I am like a cakora bird</font color> , and Your beauty is like rain falling during the svati constellation . I am eagerly waiting to have Your darsana. Your beauty and qualities steal My heart. I don't want it to steal My heart, but I forget everything else in My separation from You."

Hearing this, Radhika replies,

"O Prananatha, lord of my life's breadth ,

I am Your eternal servant and

You are My life and soul ,

the only love in My life .

I surrender Myself unto Your lotus feet.

You may love Me or neglect Me in Your life or by Your mind.

You can leave Me and thus bring Me suffering.

Whatever You desire, Your happiness is My happiness and Your life is My life.

I don't want anything other than Your happiness in My life.

As You realize My happiness and sorrows, so I can realize Yours.

You feel happiness by seeing Me, but by seeing You I become millions of times more happy.

There <font color="red"> is no comparison to My happiness in these worlds</font color> .

I am happy only by seeing Your happiness.

I am always blissful because I have no concept of the happiness of others;

I only desire Your happiness.

I want to see Your happiness from morning to night, and night to morning.

"By seeing Me You become happy, and

therefore I decorate Myself in many ways with srngara (ornaments) and alankara (decorations).

I do this for You only;

I do this because by seeing Me with all these ornaments and decorations You feel great happiness.

I dedicate Myself unto Your lotus feet only to increase Your satisfaction and fulfill Your desires.

I become so happy when You say to Me,

'You are My beloved, My bihari, My mistress, My life and soul.'

No one can understand the happiness that I feel; and

there is no comparison to it in this world.

Not even Krsna can understand the high moods of Srimati RAdhika, so He takes Her place to taste that moods of Her in relation to Himself.

And so He becoms Gaura.

Understanding means a total experiencing.

Understanding Srimati Radika is only the wealth of Braja Krsna,

not of any jiva.

We can glorify and serve Her,

but understanding Her remains only Krsna's wealth.

Ramaananda Raya continued:

" 'Just as Srimati Radharani is most dear to Sri Krsna, Her bathing place known [Radha-kunda] is also dear to Him. Among all the gopis, Srimati Radharani is supermost and very dear to Lord Krsna.'

PURPORT by SBV Svami Prabhupada

This verse is from the Padma Purana and is included in the Laghu-bhagavatamrta (2.1.45), by Srila Rupa Gosvami. It also appears in Adi-lila, Chapter Four, verse 215, and again in Madhya-lila, Chapter Eighteen, verse

Guest guest

Such lectures spoiled everything, they cannot understand. Especially as this sermon this "Radha-Krisna for karmis". Sincere karmis.

My god is better, your god is worse.

Say to me the name of your guru we let us prove that it materialist. Since some make so many insults, even it is opened; therefore they are

so perturbed to prove to all that they best of all.

If I cite Rupa Gosvami, this yet does not mean that it I understand.

Discussion between Ramananda Raya and Sri Caitanya

anayaradhito nunam

bhagavan harir isvarah

yan no vihaya govindah

prito yam anayad rahah

"When the gopis began to talk among themselves, they said, 'Dear friends, the gopi who has been taken away by Krsna to a secluded place must have worshiped the Lord more than anyone else.' "

PURPORT by SBV Svami Prabhupada

The name Radha is derived from this verse (Bhag. 10.30.28),

from the words anayaradhitah, meaning "by Her the Lord is worshiped."

Sometimes the critics of Srimad-Bhagavatam find it difficult to find Radharani's holy name,

but the secret is disclosed here in the word aradhitah, from which the name Radha has come.

Of course, the name of Radharani is directly mentioned in other Puranas.

This gopi's worship of Krsna is topmost,

and therefore Her name is Radha, or

the topmost worshiper.

Srila Vallabhacarya's bhajana, Sri Madhurastakam,

tells us that everything is sweet (madhura) about Krsna, the original lord of sweetness.

His Yamuna is madhura,

His nikunjas (groves wherein Radha and Krsna perform their confidential amorous pastimes) are madhura, and

His flute playing and

sidelong glances are also very sweet.

Who is actually speaking about the sweetness of Krsna here? Is it Kamsa Maharaja, Aghasura, Bakasura, or Putana? Radhika herself is telling this;

She alone is qualified to speak in this way.

The history behind Her words is that a sakhi once told Her,

"Krsna has left Vrndavana. He now has 16,108 queens, and millions of others also want to marry Him. Why do you have so much love and affection for that crooked Krsna? He has no love for you and no love for Vrndavana. Give Him up and try to forget Him forever."

Srimati Radhika replied,

"O sakhi, what you are saying is true,

but I cannot forget Him.

Everything about Him is so sweet"

Demons like Kamsa, Jarasandha, Duryodhana, Putana, Bakasura, Aghasura, Kesi, Canura, and Mustika were seeing that very same Krsna, but they thought of Him as a very cruel, powerful, and dangerous enemy.

They did not see or experience His sweetness.

Do you know why I am speaking in this way?

These demons are against Krsna.

Therefore instead of experiencing His sweetness,

they simply experience their own enmity.

Spoken by Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayan Prabhupada