IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Raguraman

Can Krishna be compared to Allah or Jehovah ?

Rate this topic

I Love Krishna,

I'm afraid I am even weirder than you at twice your age. I only learned to stop barking at dogs last year.

I forgot the Code 5 drill. But it's definitely a Code 5 though, hiking up its leg at everything Holy in sight. Silly dog prefers words.

Bad dog, bad!

There I go again.

gHari

"former devotee" said:

AND in the final page of Revelation there is a warning about those who add or subtract from the Word of God. Check it out.

For those that don't know, there is a book of the Bible called Revelations. All the books of the Bible were written at different times(over thousands of years) by different authors and later compiled in one book called the Bible.

Revelations was the last book written and included to be bound together as the Bible. It was a vision that was given to John. He was also warned not to change a thing concerning his revelation. Since it comes at the end of the now bound compiliation of these books people think it refers to the whole of the Bible and more loosely to the whole of God's revelation to mankind.

Of course we know we have no right to alter Holy Writ. But the way they have come to misuse this verse precludes any further revelations from God to mankind.

This I consider a most hellish proposition.

Our hope is in continued revelation both personally as we advance and are able to assimulate more as well as collectively as mankind as a whole grows in understanding.

In fact we the soul will be learning more about the ways of the Personality of Godhead for all of eternity. As we perfect the process of bhakti-yoga we will find that the process continues even after perfecting it. The change will be one of growing into spontaneous love, it will be natural but the learning of Krsna will always go on.

Guest guest

our problem is that we are not really practicing any religion or spirituality, we are in most cases at the stage of kanista adhikari

in this way we are occupied in finding difference among spiritualists and not finding a common ground to help ourselves and fight together materialism

first let us became good devotees and humble, then we will be able to use the variety and differences in religion at the service of the lord

i cannot imagine that chaitanya mahaprabhu, jesus, mohamed and buddha are wrestling and quarrelling in paradise

Guest guest

I dig where your coming from. For it Iwriteen In Concerning the last days that the Peoples will wall with their Gods and we with the Lord our God. I thank you for understanding and we will all know in the end which is the beginning of our eternal Lives. Which even today we are live.

Let God be true. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the goverment shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the prince.

Guest guest

Boy some of you guys really know how to shoot a fellah down.

But thankfully We all seem very confident in our Faiths and this is good. I am happy to have found this site. Yes we will Know the truth all of us. No doubt we all on a path either wide or narrow. Love will prevail. In the final time God will answer us all. Though it is no surprise that other then one of you, everyone else has ignored the scriptures above. No doubt because non can argue with God's words. Will anyone declare to me what is wrong in the verses above? The biting words feel softer than a kiss in the end.

And what can gods made of men do? For God is Spirit and that Spirit manifest everything. Both the evil and good.

As we would all agree with this: Isaiah 55:6-11 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts: neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

and Isaiah 44:6-11 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of Host; I am the first and I am the last; and besides me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? Ye are my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed. Who hath formed a god, a molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing? Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.

these are not my opinions but the very words of a Living God.

Peace and Love

no offence

Guest guest

these are not my opinions but the very words of a Living God.

Peace and Love

no offence

So says who ? This is what you think. but it is clear from tradition of old testament itself that these were written by some people claiming to be prophets. Is it not ?

For example, what is called as torah, has a section called deutoronomy. Here your god asks to kill other people(innocent babies aand even the trees too) because they do not follow judaism(). Nice god u have.

All your torah, nevim(numbers) named after the supposed prophets etc. speak of a man writing these parts. So how do u call it as word of any god.

Guest guest

Isaiah 55:6-11 and Isaiah 44:6-11

In both the quotes I see the words "Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel". But in actuality is it not Isaiah claiming that "Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel".

So how can u be sure that Isaiah, a human subject to all kinds of fallacy and desires and ignorance, is telling the truth. Isaiah may be beieving himself to be telling the truth.

Here again u have the problem of ignorant human beings claiming to know what some god has said. Torah also is full of contradictions and belief like all men descended from one man and woman(adam and eve). Is Torah not full of fallacies like that ?

Guest guest

It is well known among jews that Torah(5 books) were written by Moshe as supposedly dictated by some god. Just read the verses below and tell me how different it is from Islamic hadiths like muslim and bukhari particularly on the issue of having non-jewish slaves(women, children). This nice god of jews asks his nice jews to kill all non-jews lest these jews be taught the non-jewish religions. Where is Dharma in judaism and compare this to Vedic religion where Bhagavan(GOD of Vedas) say that all religions are to be protected by a King following Vedas even if they are against Vedas. This is found in Narada Smriti. Moshe is the most important prophet in judaism and look what is written in Deutoronomy supposedly written by Moshe as this jewish god dictated. This guy moshe is no different than mohammad.

Devarim - Chapter 20(Deutoronomy)

10. When you approach a city to wage war against it, you shall propose peace to it. 11. And it will be, if it responds to you with peace, and it opens up to you, then it will be, [that] all the people found therein shall become tributary to you, and they shall serve you. 12. But if it does not make peace with you, and it wages war against you, you shall besiege it, 13. and the Lord, your God, will deliver it into your hands, and you shall strike all its males with the edge of the sword. 14. However, the women, the children, and the livestock, and all that is in the city, all its spoils you shall take for yourself, and you shall eat the spoils of your enemies, which the Lord, your God, has given you. 15. Thus you shall do to all the cities that are very far from you, which are not of the cities of these nations. 16. However, of these peoples' cities, which the Lord, your God, gives you as an inheritance, you shall not allow any soul to live. 17. Rather, you shall utterly destroy them: The Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivvites, and the Jebusites, as the Lord, your God, has commanded you. 18. So that they should not teach you to act according to all their abominations that they have done for their gods, whereby you would sin against the Lord, your God. 19. When you besiege a city for many days to wage war against it to capture it, you shall not destroy its trees by wielding an ax against them, for you may eat from them, but you shall not cut them down. Is the tree of the field a man, to go into the siege before you? 20. However, a tree you know is not a food tree, you may destroy and cut down, and you shall build bulwarks against the city that makes war with you, until its submission.