IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ggohil

Does all knowing need prompting

Rate this topic

Often I have heard that Devtas have often prayed to the Lord to save either themselves or the Plant from the rule of the tyrants.

Does the Lord, all knowing, need instructions from the outside to intervene?

After all every thing is always under his control at all times since all the destructive or constructive energies are his.

Guest guest

Well...God is always in control and that's a fact.God gave us free will so it's upto us whether to ask for his help or not.God is not forceful because love never comes from force.He is endlessly patient and is always at our side, waiting for us,to turn to him.

My 2 cents worth.What do you think?

Take care.

Joy

I remember reading somewhere that though God knows all, He still likes to hear the request from His devotee because the devotee is dear to him - just like a mother knows her child wants a sweet but delights in hearing the child ask for it. This is especially so for Shiva - He is easily pleased by devotion and always asks, even though He knows all.

"ask and He will give"

Yes, I too have heard the lord loves to interact with his devotees.

But why ask anything from someone who is so perfect, for he always gives where it is deserved. Why not accept what little he gives as a direct gift from the beloved and accept with equal affection what he does not give. Any thing less than this, I think, may be an an act of selfishness. I think, if one needs to interact with him, than why not interact with him by giving, accepting and serving him, rather then asking.

Just thinking out loud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif