IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dasa

galaxy

Rate this topic

I don't know if we can understand, from our present position. Here is a link that might help.

http://www.sacreduniverse.com/overview.html

"The Fifth Canto of the Srimad-Bhagavatam tells of innumerable universes. Each one is contained in a spherical shell surrounded by layers of elemental matter that mark the boundary between mundane space and the unlimited spiritual world."

This statement, from that site, makes me think that all we can see is within one universe only.

" Any chance what we call galaxies are what has been translated as universes? " - thiest

For the numerous "galaxies" that the astonomers see and photograph,

to be the numerous "universes" mentioned in vedic liturature, would mean that we could see to the end of the universe we are in, thru the seven layers of covering around our universe, thru some portion of the causal ocean, and then thru the seven coverings of another universe. That is if i have understood it right. Since all that would be impossible, everything we see in the night sky or thru telescopes, must still be within our own universe (those formations that are called "galaxies" , as well).