IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

pus in milk

Rate this topic

"does organic farming means that cows are treated without cruelty?"

Organic farming uses products of animal slaughter, such as blood meal and bone meal as fertilizers. My older daughter used organic dairy products for a while because the cows seem to be treated better while they're milking. But there was no evidence that even organic dairies didn't sell bull calves for veal or sell the cows for slaughter at the end of their useful careers, so she stopped using even organic milk. Look, there was even at least one "devotee" farm project in the US that was selling cows to whoever would pay, regardless of whether they would be slaughtered.

"how about bringing the use of organic milk to the attention of head pujaris in iskcon temples? or is there a different way that this should be done?"

My experience over the last 33 years is that temple managers will buy what's least expensive. If members donate better-quality milk, I'm sure the managers would be delighted to use it for the Deities. The best standard, in my opinion, would be for temples and their congregations to support local cow protection projects. That means they would need men and women willing and able to raise cows in an exemplary manner and congregations that would be willing and able to support them by buying their products, which will most likely be more expensive than anyone else's. My wife and I are willing to do so here on the Big Island, as we were when we were in San Diego.

Theist,

Just two weeks ago, I had started drinking a product named "Silk Soymilk". It comes in organic plain, vanilla and chocolate. It actually tastes pretty good, but I think I like the vanilla flavoured, the best. I had been normally used to drinking fat-free milk,when I did drink milk, and this taste, to me, just as good, if not better.Do you think this is OK to drink? I have heard some of you speak of a different kind of cheese, but I do not know where to find that..Any suggestions?

Debbie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi debbie,

That's the kind of soy milk I use as well. Vanilla is also my favorite. Soy products are getting much better. To me they haven't quite reached the taste of cows milk unless they are flavored. Although there is this ice cream called Soy Delicious which is just as good as regular ice cream.

There are various types of non-dairy cheeses out there. I've tried a few and like them. But I'm not familiar enough to recommend a particular brand. Try some and let me know what is good to you.

Nice to hear you are trying the chanting.

Hare Krishna /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

In England, they have just raised the percentage of pus allowed in milk and dairy to 13%

Have some nice pusturised milk.

Sorry, was that not pasteurised?

No no. PUSTURISED

ANTIBIOTICS ARE THE CAUSE OF AIDS.

VIDE YOUR PHARMACOPEIA, AT THE LOCAL LIBRARY. READ UP ON THE SO-CALLED SIDE-EFFECTS.

Irreversible bonemarrow depression is only one symptom.

Guest guest

Lactose intolerance can be cured very easily. Order from the homoeoapthic pharmacy, Lactis vacccini or Lacticum acidum, in a 200C potency. Take one dose, wait a week and drink milk to your heart's content.

Srimad Bhagavatam says:

"Oh good soul, does not a thing when applied therapeutically, cure a disease which was caused by that very same thing?" SB 1/5/33.

yr servant,

Vaikunthanath das Kaviraj.

Guest guest

wow, keep thinking that way and nothing will ever get accomplished. we're turning into . machines

I have not read every single thread (tho read a lot of them), so maybe this was covered. I didn't see it. What about raw milk for those who can't obtain milk from devotees? I realize some are taking soy milk instead now, but many don't know that soy anything (except for miso and temphe) block the uptake of the thyroid hormone often causing autoimmune hypothyroidism! And the Vedas do describe that milk is needed for brain substance in order to properly understand religion, or as its often called "liquid religiousity." So, any solutions for those who can't get milk from devotees?