IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhaktavasya

The Rasa Dance Revue

Rate this topic

During the Rasa Dance, Krishna expanded Himself into as many forms as they were/are gopis, so that each gopi was thinking, 'Krishna is dancing with me alone'. At the same time, the original form of Krishna never left Radharani's side (except of course to create Their vipralamba mood and in the case of Her disappearing from the Dance to create the similar situation). Each gopi is an expansion of the body of Sri Radha, yet possessing individual characteristics and personality.

Any comments on the gopis' love for Radha and Krishna being so pristine and pure that there is no (apparent) desire for personal union with Krishna, with more affection and empathy leaning towards Radha, and joy at the reuniting of the 2 Lovers, yet by Their

Desire each gopi seemed to (at some point during the Rasa Dance) experience dancing alone with Krishna?

Not all gopis are majaris and of those, not all are exclusively Radha-dasi manjaris or even in Radhika's camp. Rupanugas tend to be particularly inclined towards Srimati Radharani and are under the guidance of Lalita Devi.

Originally posted by Bhaktavasya:

........each gopi seemed to (at some point during the Rasa Dance) experience dancing alone with Krishna...

not "seemed" but "do"

otherwise you will have raas bhaas

and not Raas Leela

Originally posted by talasiga:

not "seemed" but "do"

otherwise you will have raas bhaas

and not Raas Leela

Thankyou talasiga! Otherwise it would SEEM that all the Gopis, except Radha, are in Maya and I would be promoting veiled Mayavadism.

I hope you won't mind my being pedantic, Talasiga, but you just hit one of my pet peeve buttons.

There are two different words, rasa and rAsa. rasAbhAsa is made of rasa and AbhAsa. rasa means taste and is derived from the root "ras". The word rAsa is derived from the root "rAs" which means to make noise. Some interpreters derive rAsa from rasa, in the sense that all the rasas are intensely present in the rAsa-lIlA. But the two words are different.

Sorry about that. I gotta get outta here...

Haribol.

Originally posted by Jagat:

I hope you won't mind my being pedantic, Talasiga, but you just hit one of my pet peeve buttons.

(Not at all but I dont consider picking someone up on a point of detail which has some critical effect as pedantic. Actually, I have been waiting for someone to point out my errors so that I could ask forgiveness and apologise and thus show Shvu how humble I am. So here goes:-)

Talasiga admits he should have written

"otherwise you will have rasaabhaas

and not Raas Leela"

but Talasiga says that he sometimes purposely makes mistakes

to keep in company

with his friends !

Posted Image

arrogant

------------------

talasiga@hotmail.com