IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dasa

Website picks your personality by color

Rate this topic

Website picks your personality by colour

A website claims to be able to analyse your character through your favourite colours.

It asks the user to click on a selection of eight colours in order of preference and then gives a short diagnosis.

The site's designer says the psychological profile should be seen as a first step in understanding yourself.

Behavioural psychologist Dr Paul Goldin based www.colorgenics.com on research with migraine patients.

He said: "The idea is for you to see yourself as you really are, because once you know how you are and how other people see you, you can then get into the driver's seat."

Story filed: 16:59 Monday 13th May 2002

Holy Macaroni!!! This was actually very accurate. What caught me instantly is that in the very first sentence it used a particular word that I've been using lately. That was kind of amazing actually. I don't think it was like how psychics just tell you what you want to hear and we read what we want into it.

Seriously try it out. I was amazed.

It was funny for me because it told me like in 3 different places that I need to move. Actually said: "don't procrastinate, MOVE" and things like that and lately I'm just thinking of leaving and go somewhere else. Maybe Alachua, anybody with experience of living there? I have friends there but because I know that they want me with them I know that they are not very objective. Any information?

Do you want to try something interesting? Take that test again, but this time do not choose colours in the decreasing order of your preference. I am not saying that you should choose the colours in opposite order. Just make a little difference. See if you agree with the result. Posted Image

I tried this test a couple of days ago. I tried it a second time without the music, which I found distracting from just zeroing in on which was had the most appeal. I thought a lot of it was right on, but I can't remember what it said now. I kind of liked what it said better the first time. It fit everything better.

Mine says: "U r working very hard to improve your image." Not quite. I gave up on that long ago.

Other parts were generally applicable. Nothing extremely specific.

On a similar note: Digital Design Tip of the Day - Tuesday July 16, 2002

Did you know: You aren't constrained to using rectangular images on your Website if you use transparent GIFs?

With transparent GIFs, your images can be of any shape. Why? Because with transparent GIFs, your background color will be hidden (that is, made transparent) on your personal Web page.

Things to know:

-Only GIF images allow you to create transparent backgrounds

-you can only allocate one transparent color.

To do: Make a single-color background and select this color to be your transparent color, by using the tools in your graphics software.

Interior Design Tip of the Day - Monday July 15, 2002

Are you confused about how to paint or treat a room with sloping ceilings, dormers, and odd angles. You can paint as usual but choose a medium to light color and paint all surfaces the same, including the ceiling. When using wallpaper, choose a small all-over pattern and again, treat the ceiling the same. These solutions will fool the eye by not accentuating the areas where the angles meet the walls and ceiling. This should create a more restful room and make it appear larger by "blending" the corners.

Only if the first sentence describes Sri Krsna does mine made any sense:

<blockquote>

You are seeking an affectionate relationship, offering fulfillment and happiness. You are capable of powerful emotional enthusiasm. Deep down, you are a kind loving person, always helpful and willing to adapt yourself if necessary to realize the bond of affection that you desire. But you need the same consideration and understanding from others and it is this need that will sometimes hold you back... so let go, trust and you may be pleasantly surprised at what happens.

Enough is enough. Nothing seems to be working out as you would like it to and it has got to the stage where you feel as if you can't be bothered anymore. The way you feel is that it would be great if you could be cut off from everything and take it easy - be it only for a short time.

</blockquote>

I must admit that the last paragraph rings very true. Very spooky. But weren't these always my favorite colours?

My thinking is that the colors will change over time. Mine made reference to specific words that told of my specific state. But it was such a thing that could change. So I think it measures what your state is right now, but that it will change.