IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tarun

Regulating Irregularity - sAdhana

Rate this topic

Natural Health Tip of the Day - Friday May 3, 2002

Tape Up Your List

Once you have a list of what vitamins, minerals, supplements, or herbal remedies you need both regularly and occasionally, type up that list and tape it inside the door of your medicine cabinet. This will not only remind you when to get more supplies, but it will also serve as a reminder of what you need to take and when. Start the list with your daily requirements, then list any other occasional requirements under the problem for which they are needed. For example, my list has these headings on it.

Daily

For Migraines

Diuretics

For PMS

Ulcer

High blood pressure (for which I take a prescription drug

Under each heading, I list the remedies I use, with the amount needed per day next to each ingredient. This is a handy reminder that keeps you from running to your remedies book every time you need something.

- Carla Joy

Natural Health Tip of the Day

Tuesday April 30, 2002

The Natural Medicine Cabinet

The first step you need to take in trading your pharmaceutical medicine cabinet in for a natural medicine cabinet is to write down exactly what you need regularly and what you need on occasion. For example, you may need a multivitamin, calcium supplement (because you're a woman over 35), extra folic acid, and chamomile tea every day, and you need a diuretic (for water retention) and something for migraines on occasion. This is how you stock your natural medicine cabinet. Write down your needs, symptoms, what has worked for you, what you need to look into or ask your doctor about, and anything else you can think of. This is the first step to going as "natural" as you can.

- Carla Joy

Natural Health Tip of the Day

Tuesday May 7, 2002

Stick To Your Schedule

Whether you take a multivitamin or herbal remedy, if the item is something you need daily, make sure you take it at the same time every day. Studies have found that some people do better taking their vitamins in the morning while others have more success in the evening. Whatever time of day you take it, make sure you follow that schedule. Make it a routine. For example, I take my multivitamin every morning after I brush my teeth. For this reason, my vitamins are on a counter in the bathroom where I won't forget them. But when I need an occasional dose of parsley to combat water retention, I take that at night and let it work overnight. Just stick to your schedule, because your vitamins and supplements will work more effectively that way.

- Carla Joy

EMAZING Quote of the Day

Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present.

- Roger Babson

Natural Health Tip of the Day - Sunday August 18, 2002

Know Yourself

The better we know ourselves, the more we can ensure our own good health. The world's most complete system of natural health care, Maharishi Ayur-Veda, offers a truly in-depth look into every individual. Your inner consciousness is described as the knower, "rishi," your senses are the process of knowing, "devata," and your mind, body, and universe is the known "chhandas." Finding out more from this system is of great benefit to health.

Natural treatment for Hepatitis C shows great promise!

EMAZING Quote of the Day

We are not hypocrites in our sleep.

- William Hazlitt