IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
srikant

Back to Godhead

Rate this topic

I have been wondering about a few concepts about Goloka, metioned by Srila Prabhupada in Introduction to SB. Somewhere I remember reading that all things on this planet are entitites that are struggling for existence, and going through different lives, and this includes the trees, plants, and even rocks. If that is so, what happens at the end of Kaliyug (227,000 yrs from now) when the world is supposed to be destroyed and recreated? Does it mean that only mankind will remain (all other entitites having been finally promoted to mankind), and what of those remaining, are they simply accepted to Godhead or maybe the impersonal brahma-jyoti? Or are they simply allowed to continue the process once the world is recreated.

Prabhu,

I found both links useful and informative. Am going through them. I however couldn't find these specific aspects:

1) Once an entity, say, attains the impersonal bhramhajyoti or one of the spiritual planets for that matter, does that entity then have the chance to attain Goloka?

2) After attaining Goloka, is there a chance of falling down again? I believe the reason we are here is because at some point of time, we have been envious of Krishna as the supreme personality of Godhead.

Sorry Srikant, I missed the last questions somehow.

After being elevated to other planetary systems or the brahmajyoti we must again return (reincarnate) to the earth to be able to get to Goloka.

The second question is currently under great debate in the Gaudiya sampradaya. There is a thread here about it: http://www.indiadivine.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001221.html

gHari

Your answer to the first question makes a lot of sense, esp as I recently heard at a lecture that earth or bhoo-loka provides the best platform to attain Godhead. The spiritual planets have too much opulence to allow continuous meditation on the Supreme, whereas the hellish planets have too much misery to allow anyone to dwell long enough in peace on anything let alone meditate. Our planet thus provides an appropriate mix.

For the second portion, the discussion at the link you sent is very interesting. I am really happy that so many knowledgeable people are discussing this recent question I've been having.

Haribol, prabhu.

The spiritual planets have too much opulence to allow continuous meditation on the Supreme, whereas the hellish planets have too much misery to allow anyone to dwell long enough in peace on anything let alone meditate.

Perhaps it was just a typo on you part, but generally we use the words heavenly planets (svarga-loka) to refer to these higher material planetary systems, and we reserve the words spiritual planets for the eternal realms of Vaikuntha.

Again, you were probably just typing fast and inadvertantly wrote this, but in case any other reader is confused I thought I would state this.