IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Vedic Arabia

Rate this topic

Here is a website (Sword Of Truth) with several articles pointing to a pre-Islamic Vedic Arabia. There are 8 sections I could find (though they aren't stringed together). Basically, go from vpopia1.html to vpopia8.htlm. Its quite interesting and detailed.

http://www.swordoftruth.com/swordoftruth/archives/byauthor/aditichaturvedi/vpopia1.html

To me it would not be surprising that Arabia would have a Vedic past. It was Mohammed who virtually wiped out the Zoroastrian religion (an Arabic religion), which fled to India. Zoroastrianism has many stories from the Vedas, similar Gods and Goddesses etc…. I suspect that many of the idols Mohammed destroyed were Zoroastrian.

Notice that the word, Ibrahim is actually a corruption of the word, Brahma

Disappointingly, this quote seems to be very unscholarly since the word is actually referring to Abraham not Brahma. It tends to reduce the whole idea to fanatic speculation.

I agree Ghari. I think the article raises a number of interesting points, but often the points are more circumstantial. The idea that Ibrahim is a bastardization of the word Brahma, may be true, but there is no proof given for this. The author does provide a number of Sanskrit and Arabic words that are similar, but this does not prove that Ibrahim means Brahma.

I’d be interested in any historical background on the person identified as Abu Sufyan (I think that was the name), who gave up Mecca to the Islamic invasion of Mohammed. The article suggests that his wife rejected him as a coward for giving up the fight. Who was he, and what was his religion at the time?