IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suryaz

8. All the spiritual and material manifestations are simultaneously one with Krishna

Rate this topic

From the WVA site:

"The philosophical and theological conclusions of the Gaudiya Vaishnava -tradition have been summarized in the ten maxims known as the Dasamula-siksa by a great preceptor of ours, Srila Thakura Bhaktivinoda. They are as follows:

1. Vedic literature gives perfect knowledge of the Absolute Truth.

2. The Almighty Krishna is the topmost being.

3. Krishna's powers are always unlimited.

4. Krishna is an ocean of transcendental loving mellows.

5. The soul is an individual tiny particle of Krishna.

6. Some spirit souls live in a conditioned state under the influence of Krishna's illusory energy.

7. Some spirit souls are free from the influence of Krishna's illusory energy, and the conditioned souls can also be freed from its influence due to their inherent spiritual nature.

8. All the spiritual and material manifestations are simultaneously one with Krishna and different from Him.

9. Pure devotional service of Krishna is the only method for attaining the ultimate goal of life.

10. Pure love of Krishna is the ultimate goal of life."

"8. All the spiritual and material manifestations are simultaneously one with Krishna and different from Him."

Humm this is interesting -

Since I (as a conditioned being) am a material and spiritual manifestation (and given the above Bhaktivinoda verse) am I not "simultaneously one with Krishna and different from him".

If so, what have I been searching for all my life

Why have I been trying to free myself from the material energy, which according to BTVNT is simultaneously one with Krishna and different from him"?

10. Pure love of Krishna is the ultimate goal of life."

BUT

Is not

"8. All the spiritual and material manifestations are simultaneously one with Krishna and different from Him."

[This message has been edited by suryaz (edited 12-26-2001).]

The energies of the Lord are simultaneously one with and different from the Lord. From the Lord's perspectve there is nothing but Himself, for He is everything. But from the perspective of his separated expansion (vibhinna-amsha), there is difference between the principles of existence.