IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gHari

Just Doing It versus Just Thinking About It

Rate this topic

While journeying beyond the mind to the soul, and the last arrogant crocodile controlling extolling the mind is subdued, the humble seeker abandons doubt once and for all:

Excerpt from SB 3.26.30 purport:

Doubt is one of the important functions of intelligence; blind acceptance of something does not give evidence of intelligence. Therefore the word samsaya is very important; in order to cultivate intelligence, one should be doubtful in the beginning.

But doubting is not very favorable when information is received from the proper source. In Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that doubting the words of the authority is the cause of destruction.

Sri Isopanishad Mantra 16

O my Lord, O primeval philosopher, maintainer of the universe, O regulating principle, destination of the pure devotees, well-wisher of the progenitors of mankind, please remove the effulgence of Your transcendental rays so that I can see Your form of bliss. You are the eternal Supreme Personality of Godhead, like unto the sun, as am I.

gHari

------------------

Gary Stevason

Seeking the Kingdom of God