IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
leyh

To tell or not to tell?

Rate this topic

Originally posted by leyh:

Thank you people for offering your insights and comments.I have had the opportunity to converse with some Christian evangelists in my university (National University of Singapore),and they have asked me a few questions about Krsna Consciousness.

It seems to me that the chanting of the holy names is so fundamental to Krsna Consciousness that I find it difficult to speak about Krsna Consciousness without mentioning chanting.

Yet there is this danger that even if those Christians believe in God,they might very well mentally deride the process of chanting after I've mentioned it to them.Maybe I could mention chanting without telling them about the maha-mantra?

And what about non-devotees? If by chance they see a devotee chanting with a bead bag and ask:"What are you doing?"What should be the response that does not create offences to the holy name by instructing the faithless? I've thought about it a little and I think if that were to happen to me,all I would say is: "I'm chanting the holy names of God."If they left it at that,fine.But if they want to know more...

Suggestions,anyone?

[This message has been edited by leyh (edited 09-20-2001).]

Dear leyh

If you referr to Psalms it asks us to Praise the names of the Lord with drums and symbols, I think. I don't have a bible on hand to check at this very moment. god has many Names. Hare Krsna.