IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sabrina King

Fear

Rate this topic

A few weeks ago I posted a question begging to understand the fights within the middleeast over religion.....and tonight I sit here..my husband thousands of miles away...I try to comprehend the concept of a jiihad...the pure agony that much inspire in anyone such a hatred as to lead them to cause such tragedy....

I am at a loss, I never claimed to understnad one thing about this world..and now I fear I know even less....

God bless and keep you all..as undoubtedly public sentiment toward anyone appearing even remotely middle eastern is liable to turn sour here in the US.

I pray you are wrong..I pray this is not WW3...for my self, for my dear sweet husband..for my children...for the world...

God let you be wrong in this one thing.

sabrina King

I'd just like to point out...its not politically corect I know...but i know I am nto the only US citizen to looka t anyone with remotely brown skin...and thick brown hair..be they Indian, Pakistania..or iranian and see "Middle Eastern"

It is ignorant of you to assuem that the vast majority can discern the difference..we can not..I can not...everyone I haev asked today can not...I haev no idea what is and isn't considered the middle east..and since I was mroe referring to the religions..which have sanctiosn in Africa..the west..all over the world..and indeed the Middle east..how are we to discern whom is from where? if it is a religious war..it really doesn't matter where the broders are does it? i was led to udnerstand that a jiihad calle dupon all the people of the faith..nto just those in Afghanistan..am I incorrect?

And if i am then sayso..don't attack me...I mean this all innocently...I think your responses are answering me..ten fold...You obviously feel so threatened in your faith..even the simplest of questions brings volatile response....

Again..I apologize for not being the human-spell-o..or an atlas....

sabrina King

sabrina King

Hey sabrina,

I don't know geography either.And i received the same rebuked for mispelling Gandhi's [or is it Ghandi's name].I'm not sure which it is but our friend animesh will surely tell us. Posted Image

Also on this board are people with diverse viewpoints.Mostly we all met here and few have even seen each other.

On the other thread I asked where you husband is stationed.Is he on the Enterprise?

Dear Sabrina, I hope you are not so alone that there is no one close to talk with. Please do not read too much into all this, especially what you see here. This has surely been a difficult day for everyone and these are certainly trying times. Now it would probably be best for you to try and get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day. If you really feel the need, you can Email me and I'll speak to you by telephone if necessary. My home is in Toronto, Canada which is a big city, but I do know what it's like to be alone. Peter (amanpeter@hotmail.com)

[This message has been edited by amanpeter (edited 09-11-2001).]

I, unfortunately, could not sleep if I wanted to at this moment...I am staying up to hear from my husband via messenger hopefully shortly as he gets off work....

thank you for your concern...

Truly..I am just someone trying to understnad..to be objective..and not merely vengeful....

All around me..I hear such horrible and enraged sentiment...me I just want to understand why...

I am empathetic enough to realize that suxh hatred has a root..it does not sprout up out of nowhere...

I just wished to understand is all....

sabrina King

Originally posted by sabrina King:

I, unfortunately, could not sleep if I wanted to at this moment...I am staying up to hear from my husband via messenger hopefully shortly as he gets off work....

thank you for your concern...

Truly..I am just someone trying to understnad..to be objective..and not merely vengeful....

All around me..I hear such horrible and enraged sentiment...me I just want to understand why...

I am empathetic enough to realize that suxh hatred has a root..it does not sprout up out of nowhere...

I just wished to understand is all....

sabrina King

I think it comes from deep-seated frustration, mostly with ourselves. These internet forums are not the best places to resolve emotional differences, since we can't look into each other's eyes and, as Maitreya says, most of us have never even met. Still we are talking about our most personal beliefs in God.

Several here have been at each other for some time and it's often hard for the rest of us to understand. I, too, feel pain at how the devotees `relate` sometimes. Better not to let it overly affect you. Underneath it all, their hearts are usually hurting, too.

Each of us cares, in our own way, although it's not always so visible. Just hang in there and try not to worry. Sincerely, Peter

[This message has been edited by amanpeter (edited 09-12-2001).]

I don't know geography either.And i received the same rebuked for mispelling Gandhi's [or is it Ghandi's name].I'm not sure which it is but our friend animesh will surely tell us. Posted Image

Still you are not sure? It is "Gandhi". Let me get a stick and then I will teach you.

Originally posted by animesh:

Still you are not sure? It is "Gandhi". Let me get a stick and then I will teach you.

By using the stick to write in the sand I hope.Ok I got it now.Ghandi Ghandi Ghandi,I won't forget now. Posted Image

The military is very popular right now, well appreciated by those who could care less last monday. My son is heading for Egypt right now, and hopefully his orders will be changed to do shore patrol right here where ther military belongs.

To be on a Navy ship going into Aden or Cairo is a military blunder. The enemy is not elsewhere, the enemy has successfully infiltrated all segments of amerikan society, so, what to do???? How do we fight an invisible enemy? We need to invoke the power of Vibhisana, the brother of Ravana, who came to Lord Rama's aid to help spot the invisible and invincible enemy Indrajit.

This war is unlike all others. Civilians are the targets, the weaponry is as unsophisticated as a box knife and a bottle of liquid purchased at a hardware store. The military may patrol all they want waiting for the next 757 going the wrong way, but that was just how this war was started, there are many more surprises, many more shock waves to hit the denizens of Kali Yuga.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Originally posted by mahak:

The military is very popular right now, well appreciated by those who could care less last monday. My son is heading for Egypt right now, and hopefully his orders will be changed to do shore patrol right here where ther military belongs.

To be on a Navy ship going into Aden or Cairo is a military blunder. The enemy is not elsewhere, the enemy has successfully infiltrated all segments of amerikan society, so, what to do???? How do we fight an invisible enemy? We need to invoke the power of Vibhisana, the brother of Ravana, who came to Lord Rama's aid to help spot the invisible and invincible enemy Indrajit.

This war is unlike all others. Civilians are the targets, the weaponry is as unsophisticated as a box knife and a bottle of liquid purchased at a hardware store. The military may patrol all they want waiting for the next 757 going the wrong way, but that was just how this war was started, there are many more surprises, many more shock waves to hit the denizens of Kali Yuga.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Precisely Prabhu! So who are the brothers of these creachers who can find a trace of personalism in themselves to reveal these 'Hollow men'.

Guest guest

To be on a Navy ship going into Aden or Cairo is a military blunder.

THANK GOD there are military leaders without mad mahax's limited intelligence.

BTW, I am one of the goons sticking guns in your face and searching your car.

From Ft Lewis, where I am on active duty.

Lord Krishna says in Gita,

"There was never a time when I did not exist or you or any of these kings. Also, in future, none of us will cease to exist."

According to this shloka I must be very-very old. Posted Image

Lord Krishna says in Gita,

"There was never a time when I did not exist or you or any of these kings. Also, in future, none of us will cease to exist."

According to this shloka I must be very-very old.

According to this verse, there is no such thing as old. Old is a relative term, which needs a start point as reference. If we have no beginning and no end, the question of old and yound doesn't arise.

Cheers

Originally posted by shvu:

Yes, that is why there can be no such thing as spiritual progress. It just doesn't make sense.

Cheers

Only in an impersonal sense. The key is to try and grasp the concept of intimacy. This can be understood, to some extent, through our own most personal relationships.

Hey, bb, did I call the searchers of my car "goons"? Just the opposite, bro. Rights have to take a back seat in National crisis.

As far as "visiting" enemy ports, there is no more friendly visits to those who protect fanatics wanting armageddon. If my son goes, he should be with an entire battle group, not a sucker ship like the Cole.

Charlie is easier than delta, but both have serious holes in the sense that any sophistication will carry all the clearance needed to get where one wants to go.

Sorry you misunderstood my post, I have nothing but appreciation (as always) for my military bredren. ys, mahak