IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tarun

World War 3 Began Today... God Help Us

Rate this topic

Damn!I just lost a two hour compilation that had all the answers to solve the whole worlds dilemna. Oh well looks like we'll have to struggle on for a while longer.If anyone sees it floating in cyberspace, submit it for us. Thanks.

When will we ever all wish well of each other and get on with the life we seemed to have lost.

I know for a fact that there are a number of Srila Govinda Maharajas disciples that work within the Rainbow network Prabhus. They have done a lot of ground work in attracting them to Krsna Consciousness which most of them have a natural affinity for, many I find are far more spiritually developed than many within the KC fold. Quite a few have taken Srila GM dharsan (You know what they say the rainbow leads to) and some have even taken initiation from him. They see themselves as warriors of the heart, and fight a different war trying to preserve the environment so our soldiers might still have a ground to fight on. And just because they look for the loving alternative, doesn't automaticly make them an enemy of the state.

The majority of them are true vegetarians,and they don't blow up abatoirs or anything else that i know of. They represent a symbol we all could benefit from, the end of the hard rain of body parts, many devotees have served their apprentiships in these camps before taking full time to KC, and Srila Prabhupad gathered his troops from the likes of these people.

They are generally mad about kirtan and will stay up all night chanting if someone starts one. I find them as ideal candidates for Bhakti just as Srila Prabhupad did. Many of them are extremly talented, and very enlivening to be with.

I don't know what their agenda is, but i don't think they are trying to undermine anyones morale to fight terrorism in all its insidious forms, they abhorr it like most of us. And I respect their choice not to fight, like Uddhava, as much as I do the choice to fight for righteous causes like Balaram.

Yours in the service of the devotees and the Jivas

dasanudas

Dear Mr.Dasanudas,

Of course all must follow their own hearts. No criticism of anyone, except perhaps my former self, was intended. Still, without the close physical association of the devotees which she always seems to feel the need for, JRdd might reasonably be expected to become influenced, to some extent, by her immediate environment. Was that not already hinted at in the post she directed at me, seeking reassurance in her convictions regarding America's stand in the coming struggle?

I do respect courageous pacifists, but as far as I know, that is not the stance of devotees. We have our way and others have their's which is fine so long as our personal faith is not weakened through subtle or overt influences. I thought it appropriate to mention the mode of goodness as a potential attachment under the circumstances.

My opinions on anti-Vietnam sentiments and their effect on individuals in the military are from personal experiences which I do not want to see repeated. Nor is this a war the world can afford to lose, in my humble opinion.

HARIBOL! valaya RR

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 09-21-2001).]

Originally posted by valaya:

I do respect courageous pacifists, but as far as I know, that is not the stance of devotees. We have our way and others have their's which is fine so long as our personal faith is not weakened through subtle or overt influences.

Stone: It may be a mistake to take devotees' position(s) on war as monolithic. There may be those (as Uddhava, cited above) more inclined to seek peaceful means of resolving conflict, but who philosophically see everything from a more transcendental perspective. Just a thought, since I've known devotees who were more inclined to liberal plitical perspectives and others who seemed more conservative, as some of us here are.

Valaya: My opinions on anti-Vietnam sentiments and their effect on individuals in the military are from personal experiences which I do not want to see repeated.

Stone: As a Vietnam-era vet (I was kicked out before my tour overseas), I pretty much agree with this sentiment. Those who oppose a war for "philosophical" (couldn't find the word I wanted, so I'm clearly opening myself up to a huhu here) should be clever enough to express their opposition without undermining the nation's determination to fight effectively, without demoralizing the troops. I'm not sure what that might be; I'd guess many supporters would find things like opposing the war while supporting the troops, dishonest, hypocritical, or equivocal. Some seem unable to accommodate anything other than black or white, and that's okay, too.

Guest guest

President George W, Bush made a very clear statement last night: "You are either with us, or you shall suffer the consequences against us."

There is no middle ground. 95% of America supports the President. Stronger than even FDR after Pearl Harbor.

Fasten your seatbelts, keep hands on japamala. Strong winds ahead.

http://www.jbstrick.com/gallery/wtc-editorials/abj

Originally posted by valaya:

Dear Mr.Dasanudas,

Of course all must follow their own hearts. No criticism of anyone, except perhaps my former self, was intended. Still, without the close physical association of the devotees which she always seems to feel the need for, JRdd might reasonably be expected to become influenced, to some extent, by her immediate environment. Was that not already hinted at in the post she directed at me, seeking reassurance in her convictions regarding America's stand in the coming struggle?

I do respect courageous pacifists, but as far as I know, that is not the stance of devotees. We have our way and others have their's which is fine so long as our personal faith is not weakened through subtle or overt influences. I thought it appropriate to mention the mode of goodness as a potential attachment under the circumstances.

My opinions on anti-Vietnam sentiments and their effect on individuals in the military are from personal experiences which I do not want to see repeated. Nor is this a war the world can afford to lose, in my humble opinion.

HARIBOL! valaya RR

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 09-21-2001).]

Dear Mr Valaya

I sympathize with you if you were a victim of ignorance in the Viet Nam homecoming. That's not my point If America claims to be truly democratic it should just recognize the choices of those who don't wish to engage in the conflict and let their own concience be the judge, not the environment that may crucify them for it. There are many ways to serve this cause, prahbu you could get a job as a pastor giving spiritual solace, wisdom and strength. Many men of God empower soldiers on the battlefield with resolve and true grit to face the enemy, with God overhead and assurance within. I understand that is what you are about here so go for it mate, Krsna did.

Don't mistake where I'm coming from. I emphaticly agree on the thrust of the mission. I have a few reservations on some areas of detail, but its not my call. And I except the leaders decisions to route 'em out by the root, I even accept there may be many civilians lost in the process, but it must be brought to a head, for everyone concerned.

We, like America down here in Oz are being ravaged within, by aggressive covert agenders

and many of our naive residents don't understand the far reaching effects of this misconception. But they're having to do a crash course in reality of late.