IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Maitreya

Rupa Gosvamis mission

Rate this topic

So on this holy day I find it good to remember how I came to hear of Krishna consciousness.

Being uninformed and totally directionless I didn't travel to Vraja to seek it out.Fortunately the Gosvamis of Vrndaban took seriously the task of assisting Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in His worldwide distribution of the fruits of love of Godhead.

This distribution was then carried forth by Bhaktivinode Thakur, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati and widely distributed in the West by Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada and his disciples.

Relative to ones own life other names may appear in the chain,but the common debt to Srila Rupa Gosvami is shared by all.

I have yet to enter that line in reality, but by their grace my future births now have some hope.

All glories to Srila Rupa Gosvami!

TRANSLATION Adi 7.164

Lord Caitanya dispatched the two generals Rüpa Gosvämi and Sanätana Gosvämi to Vrndävana to preach the bhakti cult.

PURPORT

When Rüpa Gosvämi and Sanätana Gosvämi went to Vrndävana, there was not a single temple, but by their preaching they were gradually able to construct various temples. Sanätana Gosvämi constructed the Madana-mohana temple, and Rüpa Gosvämi constructed the Govindajé temple. Similarly, their nephew Jiva Gosvämi constructed the Rädhä-Dämodara temple, Sri Gopäla Bhatta Gosvämi constructed the Rädhä-ramana temple, Sri Lokanätha Gosvämi constructed the Gokulänanda temple, and Shyämänanda Gosvämi constructed the Shyämasundara temple. In this way, many temples were gradually constructed. For preaching, construction of temples is also necessary. The Gosvämis not only engaged in writing books but also constructed temples because both are needed for preaching work. Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu wanted the cult of His sankirtana movement to spread all over the world. Now that the International Society for Krishna Consciousness has taken up this task of preaching the cult of Lord Caitanya, its members should not only construct temples in every town and village of the globe but also distribute the books that have already been written and further increase the number of books. Both distribution of books and construction of temples must continue side by side in parallel lines.