IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
leyh

"Because I love you."

Rate this topic

Dear Forum Members:

I extracted the following paragraphs from a "Srila Prabhupada Speaks Out"column in an old issue of Back To Godhead.The paragraphs are part of a transcript (published in a series several issues) of a conversation between Srila Prabhupada and some of his disciples at New Vrindaban, West Virginia, on July 24, 1976.

Disciple:Sometimes, people say," We're enjoying life.Why are you always bothering us about death?"

Srila Prabhupada:Why? Because I love you.And I am intelligent enough to understand that when you die,when you leave your body,you may get a degraded body,and spend your next life as a dog.I have concern for you:"Please, friend. Don't become a dog."

Let's say a child is flying a kite from the roof of some building,and a gentleman sees him --- running carelessly this way and that, coming closer and closer to falling over the edge. Naturally the gentleman will say, "Hey! You're going to fall!" That is his duty.

Now, the child may scream,"Leave me alone! Why are you bothering me?[Laughter.]Why are you bothering me?

"Because I am a human being,"the man will say, "and you are a foolish child.Therefore I am bothering you."