IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Problems with reading posts?

Rate this topic

Some of you may be having problems reading the new posts in the threads. Some ISPs (especially in India) store the web pages in the temporary cache to save bandwidth. In such cases, when you enter the URL you aren't actually going to the web site, you are just going to your ISPs hardrive, where an old copy of the page is stored.

If you notice this problem, then the easiest way to get around it is to fool the ISP into thinking you are requesting a new URL. For this you just add a '?' at the end of the URL. You can add 2, 3, 4 question marks depending on how many times you need to access the same URL.

To get the URL of the thread you are on, either copy it from the address bar in your browser (if you enter the forums by a bookmark). If you enter the forums from the front page (www.indiadivine.com), then the url won't show up because the page is using frames. In that case you need to right click on the thread you want and select "open in new window. This will open the thread in a new window where the URL will be visible in the address bar. Just add a '?' at the end of it and hit enter.

I am sure 95% of the you won't have this problem, so most of you can ignore this.

Yes, I am in Bangalore. But I know very little kannada. Posted Image I visited Mysore once with my brothers, sisters and cousins. Saw lots of places (palace, temples etc.) But could not see anything well because we saw everything in just one day.