IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Ananta Vasudeva and Sundarananda Vidyavinoda

Rate this topic

A blind follower is a blind follower, what can be done?

One thing can be done.

One very wise thing can be done. Keep away from this topic. Once a discussion turns into ad hominic attacks, then it is is an indication that the topic is going nowhere.

Cheers

I think some people have forgotten what the purpose of these forums are for. They have the misconception that this is their private compost heap or something. Maybe that was fine on VNN, but this isn't VNN. If you don't have anything positive to contribute to these forums, as per the declaration of purpose, then don't post.

These forums have nothing at all to do with Gaudiya Vaishnavism, Gaudiya Matha, or ISKCON. Certainly many people from those organizations frequent these forums, but the forums are not connected with those topics at all. Discussion on any topic is allowed, provided it does not disrupt the general discussions going on in the forums. If one topic causes a disturbance, perhaps it requires a separate forum to deal with that discussion.

Regarding the current arguments:

1) It is quite meaningless, as everything is based on personal opinions. "My guru is great, your guru is bogus." This is less than childish.

2) I see no symptoms of sat-bhava or sadhu-bhava manifested in the writings of the participants. This is a direct sign that their sadhana and bhajana has had no effect on their conditioned consciousness.

3) The writings are thoroughly influenced by tamo-guna, which one would not expect coming from an assembly of bhaktas.

4) I have not seen any positive contributions to these forums from most of the participants prior to this discussion. In my mind this indicates that these participants are not interested in developing spiritual discussions, but rather in settling their old scores (which they are no longer able to settle on VNN).

5) The majority of readers (95%) are from India, with no particular affiliation to any philosophical school. They couldn't care less about your childish disagreements. I am sure they are thoroughly convinced that Sri Chaitanya was a loon, and His followers are materialistic quarellers.

6) When trying to reply to such discussions in a sane and logical manner (by refering to traditional language usages, traditional cultural practices, and traditional philosophical schools), the only response is, "You guys are bogus." This seriously brings into doubt the credibility and qualification of various participants, and it certainly brings into question the desire of the participants to actually discuss in a meaningful manner.

In conclusion, I would suggest those who have personal problems stemming from their past spiritual mistakes and affiliations see a qualified psychologist to properly deal with the anger deep in their hearts.

I would also suggest that those who have no interest in spiritual discussion avoid interfering with others who are sincere in their attempts at communication.

Likewise, I would suggest those who have no other aim than to settle old scores to grow up and study the principle of sadhu-bhava. I would personally suggest they take guidance from the writings of Swami Shivananda of Rishikesh, for though he was an impersonlist, he exemplified sadhu-bhava.

And a practical suggestion for those who feel they need to voice their complaints about various personal matters. If you feel so strongly about your complaints, then start your own bulletin board system, and post your insults to each other there. Call it "cyber babas forums", or "vnn compost forums", or "we really hate those fellows forums", or "my guru is the only real one forums", or what ever name you think fully reflects your topic.

Unfortunately these posts here are really off topic, and just annoying to the public, who this system was set up for. The truth is the public doesn't care less about what a Gaudiya is. They don't know whether it refers to a fruit or a vegetable.

And the final suggestion, just try to understand Sri Chaitanya's instruction:

trinad api sunichena

taror iva sahishnuna

"Be more humble than the straw in the street and more tolerant than a tree."

It is quite evident that depite the dikshas, sikshas and rikshas everyone has received, no one has any basic adhikara. You are just living in a fantasy world thinking you are saved because you belong to a particular school of thought. But there is no application of Sri Chaitanya's universal love. Sri Chaitanya travelled for six years throughout South India, meeting with philosophers and practictioners from all sorts of schools. Where ever he went he offered his respects even to the materialistic religionists. In Benares, at the assembly of sadhus, he chose to sit outside where the other sadhus had washed their feet. Only by invitation did he enter their presence. When another learned pandit approached Him in Puri, Sri Chaitanya simply replied, "You are too great to be around Me." This is Sri Chaitanya's achara. Those of you who claim to be His followers, show it in your actions.

[Note: This message has been edited by jndas]