IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
shvu

Advaita - Buddhism in disguise [cont..]

Rate this topic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sure, there are. But Advaita without any qualifications by default, commonly applies to the philosophy of Shankara.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe by popular notion advaita refers to Shankara's advaita, but that would just be a misconception. I think the other schools of advaita are not known well enough, and so they are often neglected. Also Shankara has become the most famous advaiti, so his name has almost become synonymous with the term advaita.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>...Also Shankara has become the most famous advaiti, so his name has almost become synonymous with the term advaita. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touchè.

Exactly what I was saying.

Cheers

Guest guest

>>The Shankara Mathas were established by Shankara himself and the pontiffs trace their linage back to Narayana. When the pontiff tells the

story of Shankara, it is as authentic as can be.

We won't stop to laugh all day!!! Harekrsnas would say exactly the same. Their gurus trace their linage back to Krsna. When the guru tells the

story of Srila A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Goswami, it is as authentic as can be! Do you really believe in Santa Claus Shvuji???

Of course, all four are false and I have attempted to show that above, in this thread.

You could not, but you could prove that mayavadis and harekrsnas are the same! Very nice, congratulations.

dasa dasanudasa

Satyaraja dasa

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>We won't stop to laugh all day!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't this funny? We are really good at making each other laugh. Perhaps we should get together to host a Saturday night Live, sometime.

The Advaitins, Dvaitins and harekrishnas trace their Parampara back to Narayana [Krishna]. That is what makes a a Parampara authentic, in the first place. Now since this makes you laugh all day, when you eventually stop laughing [tomorrow], can you tell me where you trace your parampara back to?

Cheers

Hi Sumeet,

I had missed your question.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>...doesn't Advaita insists on Absolute equality of Lord and jivatma or does it talks about identity of Supreme and jivatma due to both being of same nature-sat chit ananda ? By identity I mean sharing of common nature. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shankara says Jivo Brahmaivana paraha. The Jiva is nothing but Brahman. The concept of a distinct Jiva [Jagat] and a Lord is duality and is a false notion. But of course, this is not be understood as a concept, but should be a true realization. When Brahman is understood as real, the Universe is unreal and hence there is no duality. But as long as one is a Jiva, the world is very much real, and there exists a Lord.

Cheers

When I see both sides start with the ..

"Oh, I'm laughing..Ha Ha"..I'll be laughing all day" ... etc...

It's just another way of saying **** off!

I think shvu certainly has held his own in this debate with solid material that seems to rattle Satyajis cage. He certainly is more educated in advaita tenents than Satya....who is not willing to budge an inch from thinking that his camp has a monopoly on knowing the REAL INSIDE SCOOP ON ALL RELIGIONS OUTSIDE THEIR CAMP!

Satya....I cannot believe your latest postings, it shows a lack of integrity on your part!

You are posting unauthentic unresearched material in a haphazard manner. You are posting ANYTHING that opposes period.

Don't you care?

jijaji

;^(

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>You are posting ANYTHING that opposes; period.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the true sign of a missionary. Show the opponent in a bad light by hook or crook. Don't hesitate to lie, to concoct and to abuse. This is the secret way to success. This is how christianity became the biggest religion in the world. An example,

The christian missionaries laughed at the Idol worship of Hindus. They thought that it was barbaric and primitive. When it is explained to them that it is considered a symbol of God, they think it is foolish. When questioned about their worship of an idol of a dead man on a cross, they become defensive. According to them that is the son of God and that somehow is not idolatory. To put it simply they have 2 different standards. One for themselves and another for the rest of the world. Anyway, with all this they managed to become #1.

Cheers