IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ggohil

Possible evidence of Bhagavad Gita

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna

Following was an E mail I received from a friend, I thought I would share with you.

> >Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita (2)

> >

> >The Bhagavad Gita is not a mythological story.

> >

> >Brought up as most children are, on a diet of comics and super-heroes, it

> is

> >natural for us to speak of Krishna as one more fictional and mythic hero.

> >

> >Nevertheless, Krishna is not a myth. He is not the figment of the

> >imagination of Veda Vyasa. He is not like Superman, Batman, or a hero

from

> >Star Wars. He is a genuine historical personality who walked on this

earth

> >more than 5,000 years.

> >

> >Off the coast of Saurashtra, an Indian archeological expedition

extensively

> >explored a submerged city, several thousand years old. Dr. Rao, the Chief

> >Archeologist declared, "This underwater city cannot be anything other

than

> >Krishna's Dwarka!"

> >

> >Another archeologist from the former Soviet Union, Professor A.A.

Gorbovsky

> >unearthed from the fields of Kurukshetra (north of New Delhi) - a human

> >skull. He took this skull back with him to his country to study and

carbon

> >date it.

> >

> >His evidence revealed that this skull belonged to a man who died in a war

> >5,000 years ago - the approximate date of the battle of Kurukshetra.

> >Amazingly, the skull emitted radiation similar to that of an object

exposed

> >to a nuclear blast.

> >

> >In the Mahabharata, there is a graphic description of the explosion that

> >follows the use of a Brahma-astra (nuclear weapon). The vivid Sanskrit

> prose

> >describes in great detail the classical mushroom shaped cloud, the

intense

> >heat and radiation, the nuclear winter that follows, and the horrible

> >effects on its miserable survivors.

> >

> >It is only recently after Hiroshima and Nagasaki that the modern world

was

> >able to understand all the horrors of nuclear war that Veda Vyasa

recorded

> >in the Mahabharata 5,000 years ago.

> >

> >Krishna is not a myth but a historical personality. The battle of

> >Kurukshetra that took place 5,000 years ago, is an ancient conflict

fought

> >with nuclear weapons. And the Bhagavad Gita is an actual conversation

> >between Krishna and Arjuna, faithfully recorded in a historical text

> >(itihaasa) - the Mahabharata.

> >

> >© Dr. Shantanu Nagarkatti

> >

Hi ggohil,

I wish that the world realises the fact that the entire Hindu history is not mythology but historical. We ought to do something to make this happen. I am ready to my little for this. I appeal to all the members of this forum to guide us to achieve this. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY. Its our religion and we should MAKE the world respect it and realise its power.

Thanks,

Rakesh Dubey.

This topic is very interesting. A devotee researcher, Dr. Richard Thompson, has done alot of analysis into these sorts of topics. He has, for instance, done extensive research into the Vedic descriptions of Vimanas, or flying chariots, and the various weapons used in the Mahabharat and Ramayan. Along time ago I read a quote by the principle scientist who developed the atomic bomb for the US in the 1940s. Apparently, when he created it he was quoted as reciting a sanskrit verse along the lines of "Now I have become Shiva, Destroyer of the world". I have search all over but can't find that quote right at this moment. When asked about this weapon he reportedly made some comment that suggested such weapons had been used in the past. I really wish I had written down this information. Anyways, here is a translation of the description of the atomic weapon from the Mahabharata:

"(the weapon was) a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor. An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.

The hair and nails fell out [radiation poisoning???]; pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white.... after a few hours all foodstuffs were infected [again radiation poisoning???].... to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment..."

Gauracandra

Place Kurukshetra exists. The holy book Bhagavat Gita exists. The proof for existance of Lord Krishna exists from Srimad Bhagavat. If anybody do not want to beleive in BG let them not beleive. Nobody is compelling them. Dwaraka is still there. As Krishna declared in Gita only wise people will recognise HIM.

HariBhol!

Some of these descriptions are allegorical or higher dimensional descriptions or both. If we see texts like surya-siddhanta, the eclipse is described in more practical terms as the shadow of another planet, etc. It is possible for several events to occur simultaneous on different dimensions and be described as one. For example, the eclipse may occur on our dimension due to the shadow of another planet, and the asuras like rahu, etc., may utilize this time period to attack their enemies to take advantage of the subtle effects caused by an eclipse. In the overall description the two events may be described as a single event occuring apparently on a single dimension.

I am very happy to read you all wises persons who have real faith in vedic scriptures.

I have a hard time (even if I make an big effort) to beleive a few thing which are discribe in the Vedas:

For example to say that the Milky Way is nothing else that the Ganges descending on earth whereas it is the simply our galaxy seen from the side;

Also the story of Rahu eating the moon been the lunar eclipse, whereas the moon eclipses are obviously the shadow of the earth (just see the shape of the shadow, it was the first way for the scientist to realise that the earth was round and not straight).

And what about the partial eclipse?

These are just two exemples but there could be many others.

We find all over the world all kinds of stories and beleives of that kind about all kind of cosmic or earthly manifestation (as well in the eskimos society than in africa or south america or the Indians of america...) which would make you gently laught, where these people are convince of these explanations and take them for granted, whatever the science may explain.

I agree that the science is not always to be follow but on certain thing it is difficult to

differenciate between a attested truth and a mythologic story.

Please give me argument because I sincerely would like to beleive.

Thank you

In Atharvana Veda it is clearly mentioned that the soil present in the Moon is black. we beleived that only when Amstrong went & brought the soil from the moon. It is also mentioned in the Atharvana veda that water contains two gases Hydrogen & Oxygen in 2:1 proportion. We did not expose our knowledge to the world. That is the biggest draw back on behalf of us. All the present missiles were used in Mahabharat war which were given in Vedas. Atharvana Veda also gives the names of the plants which can cure many latest diseases which are again not exposed to the entire world. I think the reason for not exposing the knowledge is to prevent the misuse like Asvattama did in using Brahma astra in killing Droupatis children. Anyhow We should have exposed it to the world taking precaution for misuses.

I agree that we should study vedas and find out the knowledge within that and put to the world in a way that can be understood by people at current time. Because, even though the knowledge contained within vedas are vast, we have to study them very thoroughly to find out useful info. In fact, even before something is found in science, we should be able to tell this to the world. This will serve lots of purpose:-

1) The people world over (both Indians and abroad) will know about our countries vast heritage.

2) The knowledge can be used to serve humanity, just like any other scientific knowledge can be used to serve humanity.

3) This will save lots of time of scientists. Because if scientists find something new after spending lots of money, time and after working very hard, then I do not think it is fair if we tell them that what they did is nothing new and that we already had that knowledge.

I would give a lot to know what really happend in Indian religion during 3000 bc-1000 ad.

The Vedas have their own Gods, especially the Rig-veda which is considered the oldest. Most of those Gods are not worshipped today. They then evolve to the Upanishads, which focuses on the formless Brahman.

By this time the Egyptians were advanced enough to build the Great Pyramid. And there was Stonehenge in France. Since stone cannot be carbon dated, no one knows just how old Stonehenge is.

Then suddenly (or maybe gradually) Gods like Shiva, Vishnu, the Linga, Mother Goddess, the Bull, Krishna, Rama, etc gathered prominence. It is the Puranas, Ramayana and Mahabharatha which claim that the Vedic Dharma is ancient. The Vedas themselves do not talk about their time period.

The Upansishads themselves were written by Rishis and talk about living people. Yet they were considered as Sruti and were not to be edited. That is very odd.

Possibly there was a mingling of South (Dravidian) and North (Aryan), and all the stuff that came from the North was considered as Sruti. The Puranas and the present day Gods may have come from the South. This mixing work may have been done by Veda Vyasa. Some scholars say that this mingling may have happened with the threat of spreading Buddhism.

It makes more sense to connect North Indians to Europeans than to connect them to South Indians. They (North Indians and Whites) have this amazing language similarity and also the phsyical structure.

The Greek Historians who visited India all had to say that the Dravidians were like the people in Africa, except for the hair and the snub nose. Dravidians had straight hair, while the Africans had wooly hair. They all agreed that the North Indians looked more like the Egyptians.

But this still does not clear away the mystery of all the contradictions.

oh ! For a time machine...

Cheers

To jndas replying to dasha

If some of these stories are allegories so it means everything is not to be taken litteraly.

So the actors of these stories are also to be anderstand in the same way.

If the milky way been the Ganga is an allegory, so Shiva is also an allegory, and certainly Garbodakashay Visnu and the lotus including all the planets of the universe is an allegory too.

So why should Krsna and His pastimes with the gopies not been allegories also

It seems to me that the expanding mouvement of our universe and the billions of billions of light years between each galaxies will have a hard time to fit in the stem of a lotus flower (due to his shape).

We can always argue that it is on a different level, but many time religion have refer to a different level of anderstanding in order to maintain people in good condition to manipulate them. If it is sincerely done for the sake of the good of humanity it is alright, but so many time it is done to manipulate people.

Just see what as happened in ISKCON, the very generation following Prabhupada as already strarts the process of endoctrination and spoiled the mission.

Isn't it enough to proof that we do not need to go so far (for westeners) to get religious beleives where we have everything at our hand.

If our karma makes it so, God will revealed us the right way to go back to Him. It can be done from any religion as long as our desire is sincere

I absolutely do not know what is the absolute truth, but the fact is I have a hard time to meditate or serve in pure devotion an allegory. Infortunately I need to have something concrete to meditate upon, even if it is the sign of this age of Kali

Devil's advocate.

About Dr Rao and the discovery of Dwaraka :

This news is of Nov 1999. Since then no excavation work has been undertaken due to lack of funds.

1. No evidence has been obtained to say that the ruins are that of Dwaraka.

2. According to Dr Rao, the ruins found near the Rann of Kutch date to 1600 bc. That is nowhere close to the currently accepted date for the sinking of Dwaraka.

3. According to Dr Rao, the whole coastline sunk during that time, due to a rise in sea-level. So it was not just one but several settlements that went underwater during that time.

Since Hastinapura and Kurukshetra are real places, the existence of Dwaraka shoould not be surprising. The discovery of Dwaraka will not be of any significance, unless they also find some evidence to show that the city was only 100 years old when it sank and dates back to 3000 bc.

Cheers