IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
shravankm

Just Before Death!

Rate this topic

namaste naryandasa

Following questions actually tells about why I believe the bible to be word of God and above was but just a small description about it.this test can be applied to any scriptures to see weather there is any logical reason to believe the scripture.Some questions that we need to ask even if the scriptures make great claims are:

1.Were the scriptures have evidences of its actual historical account? how much can we rely on the ancient materials? does it have enough copies to authenticate it?

2.Are the characters/god/person mythological or mere stories to potray an aspiration of human mind?

3.does it describe reality or is it claiming the world as unreal when actually its real?

4.who wrote the scriptural event? was the writer actually present at the time of the events or atleast he had sufficeint first hand eye witnesses to atleast build the events?

5.How does the scripture changes life morally ?

6.does it provide hope for future life or does it keeps us unassured about life after death?

7.was the god of that scripture practised holiness or was that particular god involved in lie ,deception ,killings ,tricker, theif ,adulterer etc that surely make him no God at all?

8.Does it demonstrate suprenatural things?

9.Does the god and scripture gives meaning and purpose to my life?

10.Does it indicate any future prophecies and before that fuflfills great number of prophecies with examples so that future prophecies can also be trusted?

Guest guest

Hari OM

He is lying with full confidence or is fully ignorant.

There is lot of research and historical evidence to suggest that the earliest christians (called gnositic Christians) had an entirely different Gospel which talks about Karma, reincernation,etc., Around 525 AD a conference in Constantiple (todays Istanbul) under the direct orders of the Pope and by the ruler of Rome at that time banned Gnositic christanity as heretic , burned all their copies and persecuted Gnosistic christians and endorsed one version as the real Gospel, the Bible.

So the Bible of today was created about 500 years after death of Jesus and hence would fail this guy's first test condition (but I don't think he would apply the test conditions to his own beliefs--as they tell in tamil the advice and tests are only for others, not for self)

I think you are merely speculating things.The gnostic gospels dates back to 350 AD that is written more than 300 years later of the actual events of the life of Jesus wereas the new testaments gospels (cannonical gospels)and letters dates back to the first century,written by the disciples and first hand eye witnesses and their associates.besides these are thousands of ancient manuscripts copies aviliable dating near the first century even before the gnostic gospel.comparing with them shows they are the same as todays bible.Under critical analysis the bible was found to be much reliable that any ancient documents by scholars.

Therefore I suggest that you study the bible for yourself and you will be amazed at its simplicity and yet power to speak directly to the heart.

Guest guest

Hari OM

i had read bible, koran, gita, JK books, vivekanda books, Aurbindo books, zend avesta, parts of grant shahib, .... all the books can said to be have some great ideas, it becomes amazing only if you see it so.

However, one book which stands out for me is Gita, because after applying critical analysis of why, why, why only it made sense (for me)

Regarding the sequence and historical facts, it is not my speculation, please read encylopedia britannica or wikipedia for Gnonsitic christianity and see what you find.

Your free to decide what you want to believe.its your personal decesion.

Now coming to the refrecens you gave me about gnostic gospels have checked it and here is the answers from both the sources and its says exactly the same what I was saying.

1. Gnostic gospels taken from wikipedia: A 1st or 2nd century date of composition for the lost Greek originals has been proposed, though this is disputed; the manuscripts themselves date from the 3rd and 4th centuries.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic#The_Nag_Hammadi_library)

2.Encyclopedia britannica:Religious and philosophical movement popular in the Roman world in the 2nd–3rd century AD.(http://concise.britannica.com/ebc/article-9365729)

so looking at the above datings of both they are later centuries philosophical specualtions about Jesus christ and not first century witnesses.

Guest guest

Why are you on this Forum? Two reasons are possible:

1. You are confused of your own ideology, and hence want to compare your ideology with Hinduism. So you came here imposing your philosophy on us, satisfying your restless mind and false ego.

2. You ahve a long term plan to convert all the Hindus here to Christianity.

If point 1. is the reason for you coming here, we can try to fix your problem.

If point 2. is the reason, I advise you to give up, because you are targetting an impossible endeavour :-)

btw, I understand you are a Christian by birth, in the disguise of a Hindu converted to Christianity. the purpose to do this is as clear as water. You want to prove here that Christianity s superior to Hinduism. Good luck buddy. This is all I can wish for your hopeless dream.

Instead of indulging in fingering get involved in spiritual discussions and put forth your view.we are discussing about matters of truth and truth has no religion.As humans we are sojourners discussing what possibly might be truth ,so that our life on earth ends with knowing and believing in the truth .

I am here to put forth my ideology with others and listen to what others too believe.this helps us to know what we believe and why we believe.Not just blind faith.spiritual persuasions through discussion on forums like this sheds anything that is not truth and thus enhances our Joy to taste the pure ones.

speculating that one is born in such and such family only gives a prejudiced mind and thus create a obstacle in knowing the truth.

Guest guest

"I am here to put forth my ideology with others and listen to what others too believe."

So this proves you are here bcoz of point.no.1 I put.

"this helps us to know what we believe and why we believe."

How? Or does it mean, at the moment you dont know what you believe and why you believe it? And even then, you are posing yourself as a very great scholar.

"Not just blind faith."

Who has a blind faith? Our faith is based on revealed scriptures.

"spiritual persuasions through discussion on forums like this sheds anything that is not truth and thus enhances our Joy to taste the pure ones."

But please see what discussions we are doing. Imposing our philosophy on others to satisfy our false ego leads us nowhere. If you really want to do any discussions, why dont you join something like 'Hindu-Christianity Forum' or 'Hindu-Christianity round table'. Preaching Bible on a Hinduism site reveals different intentions from what you have mentioned.

Guest guest

Hari OM

"Your free to decide what you want to believe.its your personal decesion"

Thank you and same to you.

There is a quote in Bible "I had brought this divine message from the Holy father to the children of Israel"

Do you believe in Bible, then christianity is not for you (unless you are an Israeli)

If you don't believe Bible, then no point in being a christian.

Guest guest

Truth and lie are like matter and

antimatter. What Christianity fears

most is that ordinary, uninformed

people will discover its unholy

doctrine and grisly historical

record.

That's why its agents are engaged

in non-stop propaganda 24/7. The

whole year round.

Truth will annihilate the lie that

is Christianity.

Jai Ganesh

Re

(There it is. Everyone has different answers to this question. So, which is right? )

That is because we all have different realization, enjoying or surffering the fruits of our karma based on our various desires, and it is the desires that will mould our future.

Re

(Or should we say, just remember the deity whom you have trusted/believed through out your life?)

It is not simply what we trust and believed, but what we did all our life. Just as Krishna says sada tad bhava bhavitah

yam yam vapi smaran bhavam

tyajaty ante kalevaram

tam tam evaiti kaunteya

sada tad-bhava-bhavitah

Remembering whatever object one leaves the body at the end of life, one attains that object, O Arjuna, because of the constant thought of that object (one remembers that object at the end of life and achieves it). (8.06)

Re

(Or should we just think "I am now leaving this place. Do what is good for me. I will leave my onward journey in your hands. Om")

Do not leave things for chance, one should make plans for future, unfortunately we like to live for today, enjoy now, who knows the future, that is our sorry state.

Is it not amazing, we all know we are going to die yet we do not think about it, or plan for our future.

It is nice to have faith and let him guide us in our journey but how will he guide us if we leave the staring and hope to have a good onward journey.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

I would pray and ask Jesus into my heart so that I won't spend an eternity in hell. As a matter of fact; I wouldn't wait just before death to insure that I have a place in eternal heaven. Hell is real and I don't want to end up there? One day we will die and spend an eternity somewhere; whether heaven or hell. We are spirit beings and our spirit will live on.....somewhere.

Guest guest

christ about to give up the ghost on the

cross begged his father in heaven: My god,

my god, why have you forsaken me?

What happened? Did his father come to

the rescue? No.

Guest guest

Gurukul:

"as a hindu the gods that I worshipped were mythological and not real but it was an asipration that looked forward into a reality in a person which I find alone in yeshu christ."

Who are you to call Hindu demigods mythological? Are you saying Vyasadeva is a liar when he writes about demigods in the Vedas?

Personally, I think Satan is a myth. Do you actually expect me to believe that there is a half-bull half-human causing every evil deed on Earth? It is obvious that the expositors of the Bible are hypothesizing/imagining things. I'm not saying the entire Bible is wrong. Just some components of it. I do believe Jesus was hanged on a cross. But did he suffer for all our sins? NO, that is impossible; every jiva is responsible for their own enjoyment/suffering. Very rarely is it that someone suffers from someone else. What to say of taking suffering for all of mankind.

Guest guest

The Old Testament:

Psalms 22:1

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

The New Tetstament:

Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34

As you can see from the above, the line,

supposedly uttered by christ about to

die on the cross is really a line copied

from Psalms 22:1 in the Old Testament.

There was no christ. No trial. No crucifixion.

He is a fictional character into whose mouth his

literary creators put words taken from many

already existing sources.

Guest guest

Live according to these words from

the Mahabharata. Your afterlife will

take care of itself.

This is the sum of true righteousness ---

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Do nothing to your neighbor that hereafter

You would not have your neighbor do to you.

In causing pleasure, or in giving pain,

In doing good or injury to others,

In granting or refusing a request,

A man obtains a proper rule of action

By looking on his neighbor as himself.

Guest guest

I would pray and ask Jesus into my heart so that I won't spend an eternity in hell. As a matter of fact; I wouldn't wait just before death to insure that I have a place in eternal heaven. Hell is real and I don't want to end up there? One day we will die and spend an eternity somewhere; whether heaven or hell. We are spirit beings and our spirit will live on.....somewhere.

Perfect example why Hinduism is eternally superior to Christian teaching. Nowhere does Krishna state such sick things in the Gita, about having to spend an eternity in hell, if one doesn't attain moksha in one lifetime.