IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

A Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Why is there so little community spirit and unity amongst the hindus?. I am a hindu and very proud of it but this a question I keep repeating to myself. More importantly how do you bring the community together

Guest guest

the reasons why community spirit is not present amongst hindus are

1. Like any other community, we are seperated by sub beliefs. This coughs up different modes of thought like

dvaita, advaita, shaivism, vaishnavism etc.

2. The presence of sub beliefs and the reason that we are humans makes us quarrel in order to dominate our opinions on others as being superior and better.

This feeling is born out of identity crisis present in every individual on earth. We dont know why we exist, where have we come from and where we go.

So we start searching and believing in things which appear conducive to us and logical.

In such scenarios, ego dominates and we end up quarreling with others who might hold a completely opposite and different view.

The way we can end this disharmony are

1. Practically WE CAN NEVER be harmonious. As long as humans exist and beliefs are born, we will quarrel.

There is no magic potion which can make the whole world harmonious.

We can improve on an individual level by being more tolerant

but expecting the whole world to follow suit is foolish and impractical.

I will advise the best way to follow is be as harmonious as u can and enjoy the fun of disharmony that u see in others as ornaments decorating the lesser evolved.

Guest guest

Reason for no community feeling is because hindus got huge ego that whatever they know is the truth,Shaivaite says his is true,vaishanavais(do i need to say anything)say there is nothing bigger than BGeetha and no one greater than Krishna.So where do u expect cordiality if there is so much hatred.Christians and Muslims just exploit this weakness..Shame and blame goes to Hindus themselves i guess.

There will never be unity and never be respect between each other..No religion has been this worse since man kind started.

Ramayana(fight between 2 hindus)

Mahabaratha(fight between 2 hindus,some of em between 2 gods,prime example Surya vs Indra)..

No material gains(as Hindus dont live a better life than Christians or Muslims in anways)

No heaven as no one has seen it

No need for hell cause there is enough hatred.

I was born to a Hindu family.

Can some one please explain why God Rama is so great? He fought Ravana just to get his wife back. This is nothing to do with fighting for his country or his people. Ravana never invaded Rama's kingdom. After getting back Sita why did he throw her out suspecting infidelity ? How can he justify this kind of act? Is this way we treat our wives? Where is forgiving? Where is Grace ?. This whole story may not be literal and it could hugely be metaphorical with deeper meaning. Can some expert in this forum explain this? Rama's Dad had 3 wives? and Hindus are critical about Muslims with multiple wives. (According to me monogamy is getting civilized !)

What about Krisna? How can He have so many girl friends ? He may have said all kinds of thing in Geeta but He himself did not set an example. How can he be a role

model? How do we explain these to our children?

Personally I revere Gandhi. I am not sure where He got the idea of non violence (It is not synonym with the word Ahimsa as many people believe.) May be it is Tolstoy's idea. Non violence is to face the enemy boldly and not cowardly but with NO WEAPONS. Does it make sense? I wonder how many times he was beaten up and jailed. Mighty British became powerless and left India. Such thing never happened in Human history before. Gandhi has to be GOD. It is not defeating your enemy,but it is to awaken a sense of shame within the oppresor and challenge his false sense of superiority. The end is reconciliation,redemption and creation of the beloved community.What do you think? I think Gandhi is GOD, not Rama or Krishna................Grace and Love

Grace my dear,

I'm happy to hear you are a Hindu and as all Hindus, you too have questions about our religion. That is not a sin. Asking question makes not learn more about worldly affairs as well as spritual knowledge.

The stories you read in the puranas and Gita may sometime will puzzle you. Could there be such a thing or will a god incarnate do such a thing and so on. Worry not for what you have read and heard are all parables. These are all moral issues for us to understand why and how we should live our life.

Even in the Muslim Koran it is written that Mohammed went to the seven havens and on his way he saw Jesus and Moses. I mean could you ever imainge a mortal going to haven in this flesh and blood? But the Muslims believe it and say that Mohammed was special and chosen my God and so he was taken there to meet God. They even believe he split the moon into two halves. Than they say he argued with God to reduce the time of prayers from seven to five times a day. Imagine a mortal arguing with God to reduce the number of time one can pray to the Lord. The Muslims do not know that we Hindus are praying every second of our life mentioning God's name and asking him to guide us in every way.

I don't know about Krishna having 16,000 wives and for which the Muslims say Krishna was a womanizer and a pevert. But I know the Gopis [cow girls] were all in love with Krishna and so may be he would play prangs with them. Beautiful was his appearance that all the gopis dreamt to be his wife. That is part of his leela which the Gita says so. But why pay atention to small thing when there are more meaningful issues that you can learn from the Gita. For human value there are no other or better religious scripture than the Gita.

As for your claim that Gandhi must be God, I would agree with you here and as a matter of fact we are all GODs. Many would say I'm stupid to say such. You see those selfrealized know that GOD resides in them and so they become GOD but not the kind of GOD you or I would imagine having superpower to give a boon or destory a nation. No, when we are in this imortal body our spiritual power is limited. Only to a certain extend one can utilize it. That too by sadahanas only. Daily prayers, keeping our mind free from worldly thoughts, abstaining from desires, doing meditation and yoga asanas and many other rituals in order to gain the higher spiritual power.

Vallalur Ramalingam Adhikalar achieved and accomplised his desire to return to the origin [go back to the creator]. He just vanished into thin air and his method is so unique that now western scientist are studying his method on how one with flesh and blood could just vanish into thin air with no return to original body. Vallalur Ramalingam Adikahalar said GOD is in the form of a glowing light and so he started the JOTHI VAlIPADU before he vanished. Read about his biography and you will nnow what I mean.

So that is why Kaviarasu Kanadasan said "MAN CAN BECOME GOD" and to achieve that on has to live in celibacy, cook only vegtariab food in clean pots, only a meal a day and some tim eonly live in milk and fruits, having love for all living entity irrespective of creed, clour or faith, daily meditiation on the SUPREME BRAHMAN who resides within your heart and soon with HIS grace one can surely become GOD on earth. But there need to be a purpose and it must be for the good of manking otheriwse it is all a waste.

OM NAMA SHIVAYA

Guest guest

Hari OM

Dear Barney,

In your thread you are making two mistakes about Gita---

1) Stories in Gita-- as far as i know there is no stories in Gita

2) Gopis in Gita--i don't think anywhere Gopis or wives of Krishna are mentioned.

You can read Gita any number of times, but it would be superificial unless you get into the frame of Arjun.

Gita was revealed to Arjun, when he says, "With my very self tainted with faint-heartdness and my mind with regards to Duty, I pray instruct you to tell me what should I do? I am your disciple"

First you enter in the same state of mind then you will automatically understand Gita.

Guest guest

A good answer.

Have seperate beliefs thats fine but stand shoulder to shoulder with your fellow hindus, my problem is when the bickering takes over all else and we show a disjointed front to the outside community.

"There is no magic potion which can make the whole world harmonious."

"but expecting the whole world to follow suit is foolish and impractical."

Two very good points I am not a dreamer but I have seen other communities show a united front to and i think we should.

Not too much to ask for

Guest guest

Your answer is poor and ill thought out.

Egos give me a break which religion doesn't have them.

Which religion promotes another believe, certainly not Muslims or christians, both these religions say they are the only truth and how many deaths have these religions caused over the ages.

Hindus to my eye are much more tolerant than most religions

just the internal community that worries me

Guest guest

All glories to the All-Attractive Lord!

"certainly not Muslims or christians, both these religions say they are the only truth and how many deaths have these religions caused over the ages."

(1) The Quran or the Bible does not say that.

(2) The deaths were caused by:

(i) followers misguided by the demons below

or (ii) demons in the guise of religious people

Your aspiring servant,

Guest guest

Hari OM

Good reply but I do not agree

Does the bible not say you shall believe in no other god but me?

That is not a word-by-word quote the general gist.

Why are Muslims so intolerant of other religions?

Which Muslim country allows free and unhindered worship of another religion.

To be fair on Christianity they do allow the worship of other religions openly and without fear of reprisal.

My thanks to your intelligent response

Guest guest

All glories to the All-Attractive Lord!

"Does the bible not say you shall believe in no other god but me?"

No it doesn't. If you mean when Jesus says 'I am the way' -that just means that Jesus is one of the pure devotees that one can approach in order to develop love for God.

"Why are Muslims so intolerant of other religions?"

If they are intolerant of other religion, they do not deserve to be called Muslim. Muslim means 'One who is surrendered to God'. One who is surrendered to God can never be intolerant of other religions - so long as those religions instruct one how to love God.

"Which Muslim country allows free and unhindered worship of another religion?"

No-one should worship a religion. Therefore they are right to stop worhsip of religions. Only God is worthy of worship.

Thank you so much for your intelligent questions.

Your aspiring servant,

Guest guest

Hari OM

A well thought out answer

Again I disagree

I shall get the exact quote from the bible I did point out it was the general gist of the phrase.

"Why are Muslims so intolerant of other religions?"

"If they are intolerant of other religion, they do not deserve to be called Muslim. Muslim means 'One who is surrendered to God'. One who is surrendered to God can never be intolerant of other religions - so long as those religions instruct one how to love God"

You and I both know there is an intolerant in Muslim countries of other religions and they do call themselves Muslims.

In my opinion no one has the right to stop another person from worshiping any religion full stop.

This is MY point of view

However this is going away from my original question.

Which is really where I would like to get back to.

Many thanks for your replies

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

"You and I both know there is an intolerant in Muslim countries of other religions and they do call themselves Muslims.

In my opinion no one has the right to stop another person from worshiping any religion full stop.

This is MY point of view"

How can you worship a religion? You can only worship God.

Your aspiring servant,

Guest guest

Well hindus might be tolerant,but those days are gone,now its all about forcing BGeetha and if u dont accept they dont even consider u as a Hindu,so where is the tolerance,and insulting other hindu gods by calling them demigods etc makes the ego bigger than any other religion.Hindus hate fellow hindus who dont follow their gods so why blame other religious people for our downfall...

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

"Well hindus might be tolerant,but those days are gone,now its all about forcing BGeetha and if u dont accept they dont even consider u as a Hindu,so where is the tolerance,and insulting other hindu gods by calling them demigods etc makes the ego bigger than any other religion."

Excuse me? Please let me know what your definition of Hinduism is and then we can carry on.

"Hindus hate fellow hindus who dont follow their gods so why blame other religious people for our downfall"

Which Hindus? What classifies a Hindu? First answer that.

Your aspiring servant,

Guest guest

You are playing with words ok maybe I should use practise instead of worship.

But point is still valid.

Guest guest

what are you talking about

Nobody is blaming anybody else.

Correction. You are!

At least think about your replies

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

"You are playing with words ok maybe I should use practise instead of worship."

Yeah, sorry about that! Deep down i know what you meant!!

My point is if they are intolerant of other religions then they cannot be considered Muslim. They cannot be considered surrendered to God. Because he who is surrendered to God is tolerant of other religions (ways of loving God). They are imposter Muslims - not real.

Your aspiring servant,