IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
maadhav

Lord Ayyappa in Sabrimala, Kerala

Rate this topic

Book -Power in Temples - by Srikant

Pg. 40:

"At the early stage of the pilgrimage through the traditional route via Erumeli, it is obligatory for the pligrims to visit a mosque called Vaver's mosque, and get the sacred ask from a Muslim priest before they enter the deep jungles."

In my view this is very insluting to the hindus.

Could any one plese find out when the temple was built, and when this tradition of getting the ash from a Muslim mulla began?

What percentge of the pilgrims to Ayyappa are Muslims?

My guess is 0 or very very less.

if you can dig out any facts in this matter,

please share them here.

Has any Muslim mosque obligated to Muslims to take some prasadam or ash from a hindu temple before going to macca?

No. to my knowledge. so, then why this obligation upon the hindus going to a hindu temple?

Guest guest

HARI OM

Vavar is the friend of LORD AYYAPPA.In the legend of LORD AYYAPPA this is clearly mentioned.According to my knowledge it is not compulsory that u have to visit the mosque.

Guest guest

it is only obligated to the hindus who feel obligated to follow instruction from others rather than the instruction of one's own heart. if one is genuinly worshipping ayyappa on their way to sabarimala, then the traditional stops are only that - traditional.

its only what people have BEEN doing, not what NEEDS to be done.

follow your heart and be true to ur devotion and true to god. if vavar was a friend of ayyappa and the vavar mosque leaders are still friendly to hinduism, then go visit. spread love and god and receive love of god. if you choose not to, im sure god will not demerit you

Guest guest

Book -Power in Temples - by Srikant

Pg. 40:

"At the early stage of the pilgrimage through the traditional route via Erumeli, it is obligatory for the pligrims to visit a mosque called Vaver's mosque, and get the sacred ask from a Muslim priest before they enter the deep jungles."

In my view this is very insluting to the hindus.

Could any one plese find out when the temple was built, and when this tradition of getting the ash from a Muslim mulla began?

What percentge of the pilgrims to Ayyappa are Muslims?

My guess is 0 or very very less.

if you can dig out any facts in this matter,

please share them here.

Has any Muslim mosque obligated to Muslims to take some prasadam or ash from a hindu temple before going to macca?

No. to my knowledge. so, then why this obligation upon the hindus going to a hindu temple?