IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Confused, is it a Ghost

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

I am bit confused that it could be a ghost. Everynight when I sleep I feel something is sitting on my chest and pressing me neck hard. I will not be able to move even my finger at that time or call some one for help. I will be half concious. If some one comes and wake me up I will get up and see nothing around me.

Can anyone explain what it could be or have anyone faced such thing happening to anyone

Is there any remedy for this.

Thanks in advance.

Beforehand ... I wish you people will register.

Anyway, a lot of people in my country give some same account as you have experienced. They say it is not a ghost but naught spirits which sometimes cause problems for you.

I also experienced many times but not pressed down. It more like someone kneeling down next to you and whispering to your ears, causing you to have horrible dreams.

Here's some known remedies :

1. Wash your feet before entering your house, at least, before you go to bed.

2. Put something like a broom next to your bed (Indian remedy). I put my sword next to my bed, it works too. :P

3. Pray alot, place holy relic in your bed or wear it to sleep (Cross also work).

4. Or least, light a small lamp or have a small bed light near by. Never sleep in total darkness. Sometimes, such event is because of mental fear of the darkness also.

Guest guest

Hey Sephi why dont you stop giving them false remedies and go play your Final Fantasy game. Hey did you collect all the red manas. Did you get the "knights of the round table". Thats an awesome magic.

I know this, people with heart problems or breathing difficulties feel this during night. Thats why the first thing is to check with a doc, then do the spiritual thingies..

Excuse me ... WHAT is your problem?

You give your opinion and I gave mine. It is up to the person who asked to choose which is better. Understood?

Frankly speaking, I do not have to entertain people who do not courtesy of registering in any forum, because such actions considered to be RUDE.

So beforewarn if you are NOT been entertained if you become further rude in manners to a registered forumer by making personal attacks on him/her. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thank You.

Guest guest

Very rarely i have one experience.Its like even sleeping in ground i felt like i am going to fall down.A slip like action.

But if it is frequent,may be you have some breathing problems.And also dont sleep in utter darkness.It has these effects.

Guest guest

Could be a spondilitis also!

I used to have a similar experience in the past. In many nights all of a sudden Ii would wake up and feel as if I am totally paralysed. I would try to shout but voice seemd to get struck in my throat.

Unable to move or shout I would start chanting Gayatri Mantra in my heart. Slowly and slowly I would feel life coming back to my body. It would almost feel as if somebody is sitting on the chest and stangling me.

By Grace of God of course this has disappeared now. I realised particulary this used to happen when it was very cold and I would not be using a blanket.....could be a reaction to sudden cold.....akin to hypothermia.

But Gayatri MAmtra still worked ......probably the chanting brought back warmth or life......needs a research on effects of chanting of mantras.....

Heard about mantras bringing rains....prosperity.....removing negative forces...

Guest guest

Yes I know what it is. It's the Old Hag experience you are having. I've had a similar experience and know of others who have had the same. There was a programme on TV which some people described terrifying ordeals.

In my experience I was Paralysed and saw a troll-like witch at the bittom of my Bed. I knew that to get out of this dream I has to 'force' my way out, so I said "Hari Om" and immedietely I came out of it. I knew if I say something it ends because my family told me about their experiences when I was young, It's like a dream but seems very real.

What your having is a sleeping disorder called Sleep Paralysis. It can effect you in many ways. Some people just feel choked with a heavy feeling on their chest. Others see the Old Hag riding on their chest, some others see Ghosts and Demons and are completely paralysed and have to take it, others have their room shake like an earthquage, some even hear evil spirits call out their name. Scientists try to make out that it's only Sleep Paralysis but they can't explain why people all over the world in many different cultures and faiths experience the same thing.

To get out of it you need to force your way out, like say saying something or wiggling your finger. For a person of faith Mantras will help.

Do an Internet search on Sleep Paralysis and you will find more information.

Guest guest

well,

it could be a ghost, well the best way to drive it awyay when it sits over ur body just call for krishna (u don need to use your mouth for that) you cn call from your heart and since he is there right in your heart Lord will drive away the ghost. This is what i experienced

I am quite sure about this

Hari bol

Guest guest

"Crosses..brooms..mantras..." /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Don't forget to hang GARLIC!!

Go to the doc! He won't bite!

Guest guest
Guest guest

["Great advice from the ignorant soul"]

The favorite sentence of the harekrishnas /images/graemlins/smirk.gif( well, not all )

[" A wise old Owl sitting in an Oak

The more he saw, the less he spoke

The less he spoke the more he heard

Why cant we all be like that bird!!! "]

Since you like that verse so much, ever thought of following it?

Guest guest

This is called the clamp. It is caused by suble entity(ghost). You become paralyized and cannot speak. I would suggest putting up a picture of Lord Nrsimahadeva or Krishna behind your bed. Also a picture of Bhaktivinoda Thakur is good as he was known to get rid of ghosts. I've also played bhajans of Srila Prabhupada in my room when I sleep. The ghosts will not come if they hear the holy names. The ghosts are devoid of a material body and they are unable to gratify their senses even though they still have desires. They are trying to use your body for sense gratification. Also avoid heavy eatting, sexual activity, etc. before you go to bed. Hare Krishna.

Way back in 1970 I had the same experience once. I could feel someone like a lady standing beside me and giggling at me. I was lying down with folded arms but could not unfold or call for help. Than suddenly it disappeared. I do not know if it was a dream state or was it real. Anyway at that period of time I was an atheist and did not believe in God. may be I was not clean and did not pray and so it could be disturbance from dirty spirits. I suggest you take the advice of Sephiroth. It's always advisible to was your feet before you enter you home after dark. Say your prayers before you go to bed and as he said keep a prayer book under your pillow. A nail will do fine too.

Not every sickness can be cured by a doctor. I'm speaking from experience and may be you have not been there that you do not realize what a troubled spirit can do. Anyway, please be aware of your words. Do not think only you are right and others are wrong. If someone is seeking advice please offer what you think is best and it is up to the seeker to either eccept it or disregard but for you to say that it is a silly advice is wrong coz you do not know the real picture and a medical doctor cannot diganose for an unexplanable situation.

Guest guest

There are many people who realize that they are suffering because of ghosts or black magic after many years of suffering being the result of disbelief (ignorance) of their close relatives and friends. It is better to contact a tantrink to know the truth but...

Easily available tantriks usually are frauds or so money minded that they may tell you lie to get money from you. So it is better to contact a genuine and reliable tantrik through somebody known to him. The problems others are facing concerning ghosts are very very serious comparing to what you are facing today.

Lastly, it is not always our past deeds (karma) which makes us suffer today. It can be a test for you to fulfil your desire once you pass it succussfully.

Good luck.

Guest guest

Hi,

I could know what it is now, how to come out of this state, are there any doctors who can cure this.

regards

Thanks in advance

Hare Krishna

The best treatment for you and for your associates is the chanting of Hare Krishna mantra. You can do one more thing what is very powerful. To chant the Narasimha-kavaca prayers. By Lord Narasimhadeva's mercy you certainly get rid of undesirable associates.

So, Combine the two things. Chant the Hare Krishna mantra and the Narasimha-kavaca and be happy. This will not only help to improve your condition but also nourish and grow your bhakti.

Nitai

Guest guest

Hi Prabhu,

I have similar experience too!Like an entitity is pressing on my body, and obviously unable to move or shout. I wonder if you can email me (gayatri mantra) in english words as i am from england. I heard that this mantra is very powerful. Anything else you know about this mantra? Let me know. Are you still chanting? what are you benefiting from it? Thanks in advance. My email is jlfengshui888@.co.uk

Guest guest

I don't think there is any cure. I has the same experience yesterday evening, only this time I didn't see an old hag or entity, it was invisible, but I felt it for a few seconds and was paralysed forced my way out of the dream again. This time it was harder to get out of the dream.