IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ianthe

dear vinayakan

Rate this topic

can you please translate Ianthe into sanskrit for me please...i'm also interested in learning to translate, do you know of any good web sites to help? i hope for sanskrit it deals with the pronounciation of the word(am i right)?

Ok, I understand. I did also a google of ianthe.

So I made three translations. The first word of each of them is in Devanagari, the most common script for Sanskrit. The second is Telugu, also used for Sanskrit but restricted to some areas in the south, and the third is a tranliteration into the Roman script.

1. Litteral transliteration according the pronounciation.

2. Translation of ianthe, which means violet flower into Sanskrit.

3. The Greek ion is entymologically related to the Samskrit wordt ayanam. So I translated like "ion-flower".

post-4075-138274049299_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much vinayakan. I must say, you have alot of patience and time! I have been looking through the website and I have seen how many requests you have replied you. Thanks again for the very quick response!

I have a friend who translated my name into sanskrit..but it's NOWAY near similar to the versions you gave me.

Thank You,

Ianthe

No it doesn't take a lot of time. I just put I-leap (Indian language programme) on, type the name in Indian characters and safe it as a JPEG file.

Of course you have to know well the Indian languages, scripts and pronounciation to make a good transliteration or translation.

An other important fact is that you have to know how you pronounce the word or name to transliterate, because the Indian and South-Asian schript are purely phonetic.