IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The hypocrisy of the Hindus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Recently, I read somewhere (I can't find the link but I swear it's true) that an American woman has become a priest in Benares. This is surely good news, Dharma is spreading.

But I can't help but notice the hypocrisy of the Hindus, namely the upper-caste. Suppose a Sudra wanted to become a brahmin priest (just like this american did), do you think the brahmins in Benares would've allowed him to, even if he'd demonstrated perfect brahmic qualities? I dont think so. But an American, who is not even part of the caste system, can become Brahmin at once. Don't you think this is unfair to the Shudra, who is not only a hindu but is PART OF THE CASTE SYSTEM, and yet can't become a brahmin, whereas a person who is OUTSIDE the caste system can???

Don't you think Hindus should at least do some introspection in this matter? This is clearly discriminatory and antagonizes the shudra, makes him lower than a mlecha.

Guest guest

I definatley agree with you. I think alot of HIndus have this modern idea of spreading their belief and the righteousness of the Hindu faith. Its always talked about how Buddhism and Hinduism have spread their beliefs to so many places and never once did it through agression.

But, while accepting others and their beliefs, we have not accepted our own people and their beliefs. One is not a sudra based on birth or property or economic or social status. One is sudra based on qualities. No matter ohw many people say that the pious sudra is not a brahmin, he IS a brahmin. Those prejudicial brahmins are the ones who are of low caste.

Guest guest

Recently, I read somewhere (I can't find the link but I swear it's true) that an American woman has become a priest in Benares.

••"western" brahmanas, in huge number, including women are there at least from the sixties

Suppose a Sudra wanted to become a brahmin priest (just like this american did), do you think the brahmins in Benares would've allowed him to, even if he'd demonstrated perfect brahmic qualities?

••so those brahmins are in maya and they're not able to give brahminic status to anyone. If they were really brahmins (the ones who sees the spirit.. brahman) they were able to recognize the real qualities of the people

not all vedic indian brahmins are hipochrites... there are many highly realized souls

your blame to all is not right, and are blaming based on hypothetical thing.

some if do not accpet a qualifed pries from shuddra, then it is wrong.

hindius are changing in right direction.

hindus do have and had many saints from shudra class.

Guest guest

How many Sudra priests do you know? How many are there in India at the moment..I am not talking about the past? In present-day India, how many?

Guest guest

You go to any Village temple in Tamilnadu, the poojari will be non brahmin.

I dont understand why you listen to the politicians, and go astray.

Guest guest

I am Sudra but I dont consider myself dravida or whatever nonsense that politicians come up with. I consider myself a Hindu, I practice Sanatana Dharma. I dont support aryan-dravidian or north-south politics. I dont even believe in them. I believe that all Indians are one.

But I couldn't help but wonder whether upper-castes have this tendency to ignore their own people and suck up to foreigners. If so, it is detrimental to hinduism. I may not be offended by this, because my job is to practice Dharma (not seek approval from upper-castes), but other sudras may take this as an insult and convert, rationalizing that they have no support within their community, and coupled with the assault from dravida politicians and missionaries, it could be a nasty blow to Hinduism, Hindu people and India as such. That was my concern.

Guest guest

I assume you are the original poster.

I have also answered your question that most of the mariyamman temples, and village temples are managed by non brahmins.

And in mariyamman temples, the pujas also performed by non brahmins.

Most of the Nayanmaars were non brahmins.

It happens that Brahmins are also hindus. So there is no need to hate brahmins.

Just like smarthas have shankaracharyas, the other sects have their own religios heads. This does not mean shankaracharya is greatest and madurai adeenam is lowest and jeeyar is in between. They are the respective gurus for their followers.

Guest guest

"To become bramin one should have divine grace more than that one thoughts, deeds, speech, food every thing should be divine. Only then one can think of being a bramin".

I definitely agree with the above statemenr...I dont understand why a small dot in a plain white paper is always seem promoinent..u talk abt the descrimination done my brahmins???!!! to the lower classes..but why dont u think about the discrmination that the govt. as well as other people are making to brahmins??

Today, the most deserving candidates are deployed of oppurtunities,cud it be in the field of studies or in the field of employment just due to the fact that they are brahmins..Its a fact that most of the brahmins are born intelligent.Then y r they not given equal oppurtunities to study & work.If this continues where can we see India as a developed country??We can never dream of India being a powerful nation as long as we stop the reservation quotas,our country can never prosper.

So its not brahmins who r discriminating other classes but its the vice-versa...

Guest guest

Hinduism does not promote an approval based society & living. There is no Imama-like/father-like figure nor is there a vaishnavite guru-based controls.

Hinduism allows one to ask oneself "who says god is in a place only where brahmins are worshipping or doing pooja". Hinduism allows a brahmin to ask this question as much as a non-brahmin. So you find various places of Hindu worships in india to suit individual & social tastes of a person.

Realization of

-nirguna bramhan (Knowledge)

-shiva the auspicousness (Love to Spirituality)

-Krishna/vishnu the personalities of one own spiritual nature (The only nature which makes this materialistic leaving a worthy pasttime post realization of bramhan/Shiva)

You'll find such realized souls in all sections of the society in india (In Tamil nadu, such realized souls may be more in the non-brahmin class as the brahmin & vaishnavite class are only making a show of their dharma/rituals and do not demonstrate social responsiveness expected from a hihger class)

Excuse me ... but how is exactly does Americans becomes Sudra and Indians becomes Brahmins?

Caste system already bad enough to be classifying men, now they are used to classify citizens of other nations as well? :stp:

Guest guest

If any of you have bothered to read the Bhagavatam and Gita, you would understand that this is Kali yuga - there are no real Brahmins, all are sudras!

Chant Hare Krsna and take shelter of Sri Guru... that is the only way in Kali yuga.

Remember the verse from the Brhad Naradiya Purana;

'Hare Nam Hare Nam Hare Nam eva kevalum

Kalau nasty-eva nastya-eva nasty-eva gatir anyatha'

Also, Read Srimad Bhagavatam 3.33.7 for the sloka that is translated as thus;

'O my Lord! Persons who chant the holy names of Your Lordship are far, far advanced in spiritual life, even if born in families of dog-eaters. Such chanters have undoubtedly performed all kinds of austerities and sacrifices, bathed in all sacred places, and finished all scriptual studies.'

The famouns example of this is when Lord Caitanya accepted Thakur Haridas as one of His most important disciples and elevated to the post of namacarya - yet, he happened to take his birth in a Muslim family.

The way to achieving brahiminical qualities is to associate with the pure devotee, chant Hare Krsna... and stop arguing about pointless issues that won't help us achieve our goal... Krsna prema!

Haribol!

Bhaktin O