IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

what's vedic stand on dinosaurs, evolution?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

what's vedic stand on dinosaurs, evolution? i will post more often here with good debate quewstions but i have to find a n apporpriate name and i am a hindu, but born in america

and by evolution i don't mean in the spiritual sense , for example the various stages of evolution of the vishnu avatars, i mean literal scientific fact of evolution that we evolved from simple molecules into complex organisms. and in RE: to dinosuars do vedic texts acknowledge their existence as dinosaurs have been carbon dated to at least tens of millions of years ago.

dinasors are not mentioned.

makind is not evolved from monkies, per vedic view.

god, being supreme, does not need to experiment and learn from it for new design. god has all teh designs he wants, and can make any new design instantly just bu wishing it.

it can also be argued that god did not bother what kind of bodies souls want. he let them chose for themselves. if this is the case, then the desires of each soul to survive and live in certain environment made a body suitable for the soul, but still god did play part in it, because, unless god wishes something does not happen. this argument can explain evolution as the learning by the soul to wish and get different kinds of bodies where god did not play direct role but just supportive.

so, even evolution cannot happen unless god wishes.

as a hindu i would have to disagree with this as evolution is proven. if vedic view is against evolution then vedic view is not understood correctly or wrong. Evolution does not state man evolved from monkeys, it states that common day monkeys and man share same proto-ancestor.

as per dinosaurs, would you agree that they existed before man, as carbon dating and solid scientific proof suggests? Evolution is not so hard to believe, you are seeing it now...People are taller now in the last 100 years according to studies. Our tailbone (last vestiges from proto-ancestor) is disappearing. Eventually, there will be humans born without appendix, as this organ serves no purpose and is a vestigial organ from our proto-ancestor. if you work in a bacteria lab then you will see evolution happen right before your eyes, as Bacterial DNA is mutated rather easily and colonies evolve gain of function characteristics such as antibiotic resistance (this is why doctor tells you not to use too much antibiotics).

dinasors are not mentioned.

True ... Dinosaurs not mentioned but others like Protozoa, single-cell organisms, Cambrian Explosion, Pangean Continent and Evolution of Man is mentioned (in an indirect way) in Puranas from the 1st Avatar all the way to Sri Krishna.

god, being supreme, does not need to experiment and learn from it for new design. god has all teh designs he wants, and can make any new design instantly just bu wishing it.

Not according to Purana, He didn't. Job of creating falls down to Lord Brahma and, according to Puranas, the first lifeforms has no death so considered "failure". Then Lord Shiva was brought forward and the wheel of Creation - Annihilation is complete.

it can also be argued that god did not bother what kind of bodies souls want. he let them chose for themselves. if this is the case, then the desires of each soul to survive and live in certain environment made a body suitable for the soul, but still god did play part in it, because, unless god wishes something does not happen. this argument can explain evolution as the learning by the soul to wish and get different kinds of bodies where god did not play direct role but just supportive.

Mind showing me some proof on this? That God didn't play direct role but a supportive one.

I say He did play a direct role by initializing the Cambrian Explosion which brought in Mitochondria and creation of new bodily functions. From there, a push in the right direction brought forward Man as we know today.

as a hindu i would have to disagree with this as evolution is proven.

Even so scientists don't have the entire details, Evolution theory is proven and provided enough to proof that Man evolved in such stated.

And NO, Vedic point of view is NOT against Evolution. Matter a fact, you can scan through this forum and find several links under my nickname where I have provided several arguements to support Vedas are in level with Evolutional theory and more. You will find it interesting.

Guest guest

i do believe mdinosaurs existed and i do believe in

evolution. i dont think god just made us the way we are. we worked our way up to it.

dinosaur evidence is obvious

evolution did happen. i cant believe people hold on to their tradiational beliefs just because they feel its their duty to hold on to tradition, because their ancestors thought that tradition was correct. religion must adapt to fit with sceince. religion and science are two sides of the same coin and should never go against each other.

also, evolution is not a way to make anything better. the only ones who think its better are the humans living now. Evolution is only a way for organisms to adapt to the current environment. god wasnt experimenting with earlier life forms, he loved them and cared for them just as much as he loves and cares for us today. god didnt make failures in the past as much as he didnt make a failure with us, and we will eventually be destroyed also.

Does that in any way say that Man has Come from Monkey, no

Does that in any way say that Birds have evolved from repltiles no

Only souls transfer from one body to the other and they get according to the past life deeds and desires

Evolution says that one body completely converts into another which is just a foolish way of explaingin things without proof. Vedas do say a theory of evolution but they say on the spiritual level. They say souls evolve from one body to another and not the bodies change from one form to another

Hari Hari bol

The popular King Kong movie, now being remade, owes it's origin to ancient Indian history and religion.

Consider that $200,000,000 is being spent on the new movie expected out in December of 2005; and that the original 1933 movie is considered one of the top 100 movies ever made.

KONG was much more than just an over-grown ape to the isolated descendants of an advanced culture that had slowly slipped into heathen worship and pagan rituals surrounding an ancient demi-god.

Kong was the last of a half-human, half-simian dinosaur-size species left-over from a different age entirely, long before the earliest records of civilization, such as the Dead Sea scrolls, refer to middle east.

A whole cycle of ages began and ended long before the Talmud, Koran or even Holy Bible declared "in the beginning"...

I only point out on various sites dedicated to King Kong (such as KongisKing.net) that India has many volumes of scripture known as the Vedas, that speak of ages that ended and vanished long before the current age of iron, or Kali Yuga began some 5,000 years ago, and that 3 ages prior even to the beginning of our own Judeo-Christian-Islam (Middle East centered) old world began...

the 1st, supposedly longest, and greatest, "golden age" of these seasonal cycles, or ages, was a time when The Lord God Supreme Creator lived on the planet, in this world, and everything was as nice as could be though a shade less than perfect as the material plane still has to wilt and degrade eventually, however golden the finest era was..

this is a stage where life and death, drama and fluctuation occur rather than heavenly perfection - this gave the Lord a place to play, to interact with the faithful, a sort of play acting.

The "golden age" classic of the silver screen will be new and improved in the version being remade by the Oscar-winning director (Lord of the Rings) Peter Jackson.

The original version included a ceremony on Skull Island (not far from Ceylon), perhaps an abomination of the golden age still playing itself out...

Remember the chant Noble Johnson (the actor playing the chief) leads:

"Rama Rama KONG! Rama Rama Kong!"

In the Vedas, Ram or Rama was the name of God in the Golden Age, when He appeared to live as a divine King ruling most of the earth.

His most faithful servant was Hanuman, a monkey with mystic powers, who could change sizes from a small ape or chimp all the way to a creature sevral stories tall.

Many are the legends of Ram and Hanuman,

and there is Rama's paramour or Queen, the golden-haired Sita.

Skull Islanders called Fay Wray or rather, Ann Darrow... SITA... which is translated by the captain as golden-haired one.

In the darkening days of the Kali yuga, perhaps

there is value in the mass media disemination, however abominated, of the legend insofar as Kong / Hanuman have enough in common to stimulate interest in the mystic wonders of the golden age.

"In the Vedas, Ram or Rama was the name of God in the Golden Age, when He appeared to live as a divine King ruling most of the earth."

I don't think the Vedas ever mentioned Rama. The Ramayana is considered to be smriti, "that which is remembered" v. the Vedas are shruti, "that which is heard [from God]."

Hari OM:

i had not read about dinosaur , but i have a doubt that the huge skeletons found may be that of asurs like Narka"asur", Thena "Asur" etc.,

This is purly my assumptions, please don't ask any proof, i have none...

Does that in any way say that Man has Come from Monkey, no

Does that in any way say that Birds have evolved from repltiles no

Do you know or not that ALL lifeforms in this planets HAVE similar genetic make up?

Matter a fact, the difference betweeen Apes and Man are just 2% off in genetic level? Apes's genetic are 98% similar to Man's.

Now, IF you do not agree with Evolution, Fine ... mind explaining how Man and Apes make 98% genetic similarities?

Only souls transfer from one body to the other and they get according to the past life deeds and desires

We are talking about physical aspect, NOT Soul aspect.

Guest guest

Where the hell did u find dinosaurs

Vedas speak of an evolution but also an involution

the perfect man was always there......and he degraded into the amoeba....from the amoeba again the perfect man.....again degradation and so on

Just like a mighty tree is there......it drops a seed.....

the tree dies.....the seed emerges into the mighty tree and so on

Vedas speak of an evolution but also an involution

the perfect man was always there......and he degraded into the amoeba....from the amoeba again the perfect man.....again degradation and so on

The "Perfect Man" as you claim is the Soul, not the physical aspect.

Physical aspects are not perfect and therefore, undergoes changes in each generations. Furthermore, such concept comes from Muslim and Christian concept, NOT Vedic concept (or Jewish for that matter).

Just like a mighty tree is there......it drops a seed..... the tree dies.....the seed emerges into the mighty tree and so on

Yeah, exactly ... seeds is from the tree but not all seeds are same. I explain.

Tree 0 - produce Seed 1. Rain aplenty so Seed1 grows up become Tree 1.

Tree 1 produce Seed 2. Rain quantity reduced so Seed 2 grows up (as Tree 2) with less quality of Tree 1 and produced Seed 3. And the process continued for several generations.

Just say by generation of Tree 10, the rain had become very short in quantity. The Seed 11 which produce will have qualities which is different from Seed 1 and Tree 10 will have different features to Tree 1, such as longer roots, stronger barks to retain moistures, taller etc.

By saying Man which was born before is same as what we are now is like saying Tree 1 and Tree 10 will be same. Such nonsense exists ONLY in Christianity and Islam.

Vedas speaks about different planets. And how inhabitants from these planets come to this Earthly plane. Most likely these animals-birds came here a long time ago and perished. They are old for the simple reason- creatures or humans [Demi-gods] from other planetary systems live a much longer life.

Vedas speaks about different planets. And how inhabitants from these planets come to this Earthly plane. Most likely these animals-birds came here a long time ago and perished. They are old for the simple reason- creatures or humans [Demi-gods] from other planetary systems live a much longer life.

Are you saying Dinosaurs are from outer space? Or they some sort of products produced by Aliens?

Where did you get such idea? From Raelians?

Guest guest

Evolution theory has not been proven, its just a theory, no proof of one speices becoming another.

Are you saying we are the only people in this Universe? I'm outta here..

According to Bhagavatam there are many different Planets in this Universe with many varied varity of inhabitents. Before in Sasya-yuga many animals etc were allowed access here. But over time in this present Kali-yuga nobody really is interested because of the sinfull population. [There isn't much point]. Rare are those devotees of Krishna, Gaurabol