IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

is homosexuality acceptable

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Let me put it this way. I am sure that one will feel 'different' after 2 hours of raving the same sentence all over again. Who would'nt? /images/graemlins/grin.gif This proces is well known to hypno-therapists and psychologists.

True it is very easy to misconstrue such is the nature of this world, but mantras are different it means freeing of mind, it invokes spirituality even though one does not know the true meaning of it. As for chanting Hare Krishna, Sita Ram, Om namo Shivaya here we do not need any explanation.

Your belief. You gave your religious view to mantrameditation.I gave you a rational explanation.

Anyway, we agreed all the time that sounds, mantras and words can effect us. How/why etc is another issue where we don't agree. Better give this thread back to people who want to discuss homosexuality. Regards

Guest guest

Hinduism are thought that man and woman are considered to be one. Durga is the female version of Shiva and that should be taken into consideration. It is true that it is probably because of your previous birth that you are born with this body that is attracted to a male.

I dont know what to say but pray so the next life can be better.

Guest guest

This is so ridiculous! Gays should pray for heterosexual lust? Nonsense. They should simply pray for Krsna prema and Krsna seva, just like everyone else.

This idea is rather bigoted. I've also heard some less intelligent devotees say that women should pray to become men in their next lives, and blacks should pray to become white. What foolishness this is!

Krsna creates all types of variety. He likes variety, and therefore he has created men, women, and also men and women with mixed male/female qualities (the Hindu third sex). Such people were acknowledged in Vedic times for there own special qualities and talents and engaged accordingly in Krsna's service. We shouldn't see other devotees only in terms of sex. That is very offensive! We should see their humanity and uniqueness.

Guest guest

Most homophobic devotees don't realize that not everyone fears and dislikes gay and lesbian people the way they do. Many straight devotees like and appreciate their gay friends, relatives and peers--just as they are. They appreciate their cross-gender qualities. Krsna has created all types of diversity for a reason.

Gay and lesbian devotees are some of the nicest, most sincere people I've ever met. Their attraction for the same sex, when dovetailed toward Krsna or Radha, can serve as a powerful impetus in devotional service. It is no coincidence that some of Krsna's closest friends, the priya-narma-sakhas, are imbued with the sentiments of the gopis.

Guest guest

i can only think... that the most sound advice, after reading through every reply on this subject... is to turn to krishna. you are asking for advice from others on the same path as you are, which... can be helpful, if others give you their own ways of conquering their attachments to the physical, without judging your particular form of attachment. otherwise, and over all else, you should ask god... ask beings above our own path, as we share your difficulties as well. good luck on your path to enlightment, as i would wish for all of us. please do not judge yourself or hate yourself for what you are now, only look towards your enlightened self... and love that higher self... as it is you. i think you would do greater harm to yourself, in hating what you are... then if you were to accept and love yourself, as krishna loves you... and accepts you as a part of creation and himself. once you accept yourself as you have been made, then you can move on... to attain a greater understanding and enlightment... to act in accordance with those ways. it seems you are so wound up in your attachment to what you perceive as a sin, as if it is greater than all other things inside you...that you are missing out on all the good things about you... all the things that are blessed. whatever sins we commit are only a small part of who we are... and can be seen as blessings, if they are what leads us to the path of enlightenment. they are necessary... and cannot be changed once they have occurred... only what we do next can be changed... and a heart that is open and willing to learn and love is important... not just open to others, but also open to ourselves. i would think, studying Hinduism, you would be just as open and loving to yourself, accepting, as you are to others.

The most important lesson in life is to be true to yourself. Accept who you are. You are how you are for a reason, and when you accept this you will be able to lead your life happily. Do not listen to philosophical or religious banter which promises ways of changing yourself, because those offering it are applying their own beliefs of what is right or wrong...the truth is, only God knows, and god has given you this life. Instead, listen to your heart and lead your life with service to God.

Azuric