IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is Ashwathama Still Alive?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

He is alive,

the last record of his existence came to my notice while reading an book called " himalaya kah raha hai" by Pilot baba. you can also go on his website to read the excerpts.

the temple where he stayed was washed away in the floods few years back so i dont have his exact details as of now.

I was not a believer in such stuff myself but if you TRY to explore the truth you would realise that everybit of our history is true. The himalayas are full with such evidence. if you meditate you can meet even some sages of that era.

Hinduism is not DOGMA so keep experimenting

Guest guest

I too believe whatever quoted in Ramayana, Puranas, Mahabharata did happen.

For those nonbelievers I would like to quote Albert Einstein about Mahatma Gandhi "a few centuries later people will refuse that such a great man lived and walked on this earth."

If we cannot prove/disprove something, one should at least have the humility to say "I do not know or I will find out or I will wait for somebody to find out or I will ask somebody to convince me".

Guest guest

i suppose he his alive. we have some findings sighting a creature named as yeti who has some resemblence with ashvthama.

Moreover after the gem was taken out he wore a head band on it so that nobody could recognise him. Now we have a race in middle east which also wers head band. this race seems to be followers of ashvthama.

Dear friend: I really apprecaite your curiosity in knowing the truth. It is only curiosity which broadens one's knowledge. The answer to your query whether Ashwathama is still alive is a resounding YES. To prove this I shall now narrate an incident.

In late 14th, early 15th century there lived in Gadag, Karnataka, a poor brahmin called Naranappa. Later, because of the Mahabharata epic "Karnata Bharata Kathamanjari" that he wrote in Kannada, he came to be called as Kumara Vyasa. His greatest desire was to write Mahabharata based on original sources, and to this end he prayed day-in and day-out in the Temple of Veera Narayana, temple of Trikuteshwara. One day the Almighty decided to answer his prayers and appeared in his dream and said: "Attend the forthcoming dwadasi parana (dwadasi feast) in the Veera Narayana Temple. Watch out for one lone brahmin who would leave the feast the earliest. He is none other than Ashwathama of Mahabharata. Fall at his feast and ask him to narrate the Mahabharata as it happened. You can record it in writing claim your share of fame". Promptly Naranappa attended the following Dwadasiparana at the Veera Narayana Temple, and he followed the Brahmin who finished his feast the earliest and started walking out of the Temple. He approached him and fell at his feet saying, "Sir, I know who you are, you are the very same Ashwathama of Mahabharata, please help me". At this Ashwathama was taken aback and asked him how do you know this? Naranappa responded saying "The Veera Narayana Swamy" appeared in his dream and told me so. Ashwathama was mightily pleased hearing this and asked Naranappa, OK, tell me what can I do for you. Naranappa responded saying he would like to write the Mahabharata in Kannada as it happened. To this Ashwathama agreed under two conditions. He said that Naranappa should start writing the Mahabharata everyday after he finished his bath, wearing a wet Veshti (Dhoti). Ashwathama said, you can keep writing till such time your Veshti is wet and the Mahabharata would flow from your pen as it happened. The moment your clothes dry up, the flow would stop. He also put a condition that he should not disclose this secret to anyone failing which the flow would stop forever. Needless to say, our Naranappa, was immensely excited about the project, and he kept his secret till the time he reached the "Gadha Parva" (the time when Duryodhana and Bheema fought the duel of the maze). At this moment it is believed that Ashwathama appeared before Naranappa and he was in tears -- remembering his friend Duryodhana and the adharmic way in which Bhemaa fell Duryodhana. Naranappa overcome with excitement disclosed this scret to his wife, and his writing flow stopped immediately. That is why his Mahabharata ends with Gadha Parva. Later someone might have added up from Vyasa Bharata, but our Kumara Vyasa's Mahabharata ended with the Gadha Parva.

The curse that Ashwathama would roam the world carrying his own dead body, with people shunning him, and suffering the pain of the wound on his forehead from where the "mani" was removed by force, was for 3000 years. 3000 years since Mahabharata is now long passed, and I am sure, Ashwathama is there somewhere in the Himalayas, performing tapasya. I only wish that in his subsequent birth during a subsequent Mahabharata in the next Dwapara Yuga, he should challenge that coward Dhrishtahyumna -- the brother of Droupadi, and the saala of the Pandavas -- to single combat and avenge his illustrious father Dronacharya's death at this coward's hand, right there on the battlefield before the sun sets.

I will be there as Krishna's friend Sudama (and I make a promise to myself that I will not steal Krishna's share of peanuts all for myself and would eat the same after he does). I would be a witness to this victorious single combat of Ashwathama!

Please send your responses to my email address: sraiyer@gmail.com

Jai Krishna! Vasudeva!

Guest guest

When in 1192, Prithviraj Chauhan lost the battle from Mohammad Gauri, he left to jungle. There he met one onld person with a scar on his head. Being a very good doctor prithviraj confidently asked him that he can cure his scar. The old man agreed. But even after week's medication it remained as it is.

Prithviraj was surprised and understood the details. He asked old man if he is ashwathama. Because only the scars that is created through taking up the "MANI" the gem from forhead cannot be cured. The oldman said that he is Ashwathama and then he went away.

This discrption is given in "Prithviraj Raso" the book written in 12th century by him.

Guest guest

God is infinitely merciful when it comes to relation with him (or her), but not at all merciful if you behave ill towards his bhaktas.

Throughout Indian epics, puranas, whereever anyone had sustained enmity towards God, he / she has been rewarded in proportion to how much you remember god. God being all love and mercifull, does not discriminate against you if you remember him through hatred. so we see instances of ravana, kamsa, shishupala etc who were killed by God to grant them mukti as a fruit of their constant rememberence of God.

On the other hand, if someone troubles God's devotees or God's beloved, God punishes him/her in the most severe manner. Thus we see than Kauravas, Karna, Ashwathamma and others who hated Pandavas, who were Krishna's devotes were punished/ killed in various manner, but none was killed by the Lord himself. Only Bhisma, who was fighting on the side of Kauravas, but did not have Krisha or his devotees (the Pandavas) was given an opportunity to be killed by the Lord when he raised his Sudhashan chakra (against his own vow, for God blessing his devotee or protecting the vow of his devotee like Arjuna is more important than protecting his own vow made in any incarnation) against Bhishma. But, (this I am speculating) Bhisma's ego of being a warrior so great as to force Krisha to break his vow might have come against his being killed by Lord Krishna. Also Krisha might have had a purpose behind not killing Bhismha at that time as the latter was instrumental in teaching Yudhisthira and others his duties (Dharma) after the war was over.

There is another example when Lord Vishnu's disc is following some Rishi to kill him (Durvasa?) as the Rishi had cursed the lord's devotee, a King (Ambarisha?) who was observing Ekadashi in devotion to lord Visnhu.

I am sure if you dig into Indian epics and even later history of various saints, you will find similar examples. Moral of the story - hate the lord by all your means, as long as you remember God, you will benefit - but never hate/ trouble his devotees in whatever form.

Guest guest

ASHWATHAMA IS ALIVE.AND THIS IS THE TIME WHEN HIS SHRAP PERIOD IS GOING TO END SOON.BECAUSE UNLESS HE IS RELEASED,DROPADI CANT BE RELEASED OF THE PAIN ATTACHED TO ASHWATHAMA.LET US HOPE SOMETHING GOOD FOR ASHWATHAMA AND DROPDI BOTH.

Guest guest

Y dont people kill themselves or their loved ones during

Yaikunta Ekadasi to go to Vaikunda then?

Guest guest

Surprisingly, not much has been written about wether or not Aswathama is alive. I read the posting by Pilot Baba, but do you actually believe it to be true? someone please provide me with more information. Personally I would love to believe he is out there, but I wonder where he is and what he is doing!

Guest guest

Hi ,

I need contact details of you. I have been doig a lot of research on Ashwatthama and his existence even today. Well I had a chance to meet a few villagerse who claimed to have seen him, I read the newspaper articles about his having been seen somewhere. Anyway, I have finally loca6ted a village where on one specific night, he can be seen crying. I wrote to History channel and Geography channel ut they never responded. It's risky business but I am just too curious to meet him and looking at developing m own teamfor the mission. My email is chandola_cv@rediffmail.com.

those with queries may write

Guest guest

Hello,

Even I would be interested in seeing the great sage.Please count me in your team to sight the great sage

Guest guest

Hello,

I agree with you totally.This is what this forum is here for.To ask questions and get answers or discuss them.I dont understand why some people here do not deal with this properly and instead post silly remarks over questions I guess thats there only contribution or perhaps they know too much and think that our questions are silly and trivial and not in pace with their knowledge level.But I am sure there are also people who would surely help you find answers so keep posting..

Thanks

Guest guest

Hello,

I agree with you totally.This is what this forum is here for.To ask questions and get answers or discuss them.I dont understand why some people here do not deal with this properly and instead post silly remarks over questions I guess thats there only contribution or perhaps they know too much and think that our questions are silly and trivial and not in pace with their knowledge level.But I am sure there are also people who would surely help you find answers so keep posting..

Thanks

The problem is that such rare topics serve a humour for some.

Also these topics wont help in spiritual progress.Who cares about Ashwathamaa and all?

If it is in search of existence of Hanuman it will help in Rama bhakthi and faith.

This stupid Ashwathamaa was not a hero but a coward and cunning guy to kill innocent children of Pandavas.

Dont think about these demons.His knowledge was misapplied like of Osama Bin Laden.He did not befit to be a son of Dronacharya Brahmana.

Ashwathama is lower than a dog hunter.

Guest guest

I cant believe that you saw Aswathamma not once but mny times over.How do you recognize Aswathamma.I think the whole thing

is a big hoax. Why are alll of you lying to each other. How can a man who lived 6000-yrs back be alive even now.Please be logical!!!

Guest guest

Dear Subscribers,

Accidently entered

There are 22 of them all who are still alive.But they do not meet us as they are. They have earned great spiritual powers. Ashwathama has been seen by modern day true spiritualists a number of times roaming around near Delhi. Hanuman, Markandeya etc are truly alive. Hanuman is still spotted at times at Ayodhyaya. He was spotted once on way to Kailash Mansarovar and a man has taken his pictures as well which is a little blurred. All these sages along with the Saptrishis get together and and guide the truly powerful spiritualists who have developed powers in them to guide the world whwnever there is a danger to the earth due to bad planetary configurations. My Guru, who can leave the body and roam around in his astral body, has attended many such meetings in the himalayas. Venues keep on changing. Last one was at Amarnath.

Its difficult for a common modern day man with a little material knowledge and extremely mediocre knowledge of Science to undestand all this. Choice is yours. But I say this with conviction. Learn to meditate hard and become a true human being. May be you also meet him. May God bless you all with true vision. Regards.

Guest guest

have YOU experienced it, or do you go by what your guru says? and how do you know he isnt subject to hallucination and day dreams?

please, let's be real about all this, im sure if every human being had the ability to be illumined, we wouldnt be so far off as to not be able to discern between spiritual fact and silly fiction. these things are a product of popular culture, as well as an inner yearning to experience something mystical.

Guest guest

The greatness of hinduism to forgive and forget.

Its been a long time since Asvatthama's deeds. If he is still alive, let him live in peace.

Since he cannot die anyway, let him atleast be free of the pain.

Amit

Guest guest

As much as I would like to believe it I find I cannot simply because there is no concrete proof and there is no dearth of conmen either. One such hoax is the claim by some scientist that he drawn picures of Gods who visited him. I think his name was Rao or something. Geocities is hosting this phony spiritualists website.

BTW how can u be sure your guru saw Lord Hanuman??

Guest guest

He was last seen about 10 yrs ago in jubgles close to nagpur, previously known as dandkaranya.

Guest guest

Pilot Baba is a phony swami. All claims by people who say that they seen Aswathamma ought to be verified as these are more often than not a pack of lies!!!

Guest guest

Hi

I was reading artical about Ashwathama .. Not sure when was that ... i use to read a prajavani paper which is populer in karnataka (India) one i found some strange news where villagers brought some man where his head was broken as if the brain was out of his head. Doctor assked him to wait but man disappered no body knew where did he go.

After reading this artical at http://www.hindu-religion.net/ i am sure that even that man might be Ashwathama. If you can contact Prajavani (Deccan Herald) you might get more details.