IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

Here we discuss Hinduism and its greatness but.......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

North Indian Hindi Chauvinists cannot force on tamils.

We have Tamil Vedas to praise the same lord, that you praise using sanskrit.

So we do not have to know sanskrit.

Shankara, Ramnuja, Madhva were all brahmins.

Appar, Sundarar, Navukkarasar have done nothing in sanskrit.

Still they are all hindus.

If you do not know about the great glory of the Chera, Chola, Pandya rulers, and how they were instrumental in building the great temples, and how much they have done for hinduism, you will not say Vedas alone are the books of hinduism, and I contend that, one need not know vedas to be a hindu.

Because hinduism knows to accomodate people of different languages, regions, race, mentality to reach the ultimate.

And this is addressed to the other guest.... who questioned about thinking with brain. Yes, I do think with brain, and I am smart enough to understand that you guys give a damn about the sount indian languages and practices and the tamil vedas. THis again proves aryan invasion and supremacy theory.

I'm using my Hindu name as that was what I have been called since my birth. Infact instead of calling it in full my parents and all the rest have been calling me by this name but the truth is my name according to birth natchatira is Dandauthabarney[one of the names of Lord Murugan] but in short they have been calling be Barney. Now as for the actual spelling my late father made certain changes due to his believe in numerology. So, do not worry as I'm a Hindu and my name is Barney. I do not like using fictious names. Why should I? I fear no man but accept God Himself. I'm sorry if my name souded like a Christian name but the truth is my wife was a born Christian as her origin is of European mix Asian[Eurasian] it was a love marriage and she willingly coverted to Hinduism as our marriage was held according to Hindu rites and conducted at Sri Dhandauthabarney Temlple at my birth place. And now it has been a blissful marriage of 30 years. So, I hope you'd understand why am I against those Hindus who think they know better than others.

Guest guest

<< Dandauthabarney[one of the names of Lord Murugan] >>

did not know that Dandauthabarney is a name of kartikeya.

do you also know tamil or telugu languagees (i do not, sorry.)

-maadhav

Guest guest

<< North Indian Hindi Chauvinists cannot force on tamils.

We have Tamil Vedas to praise the same lord, that you praise using sanskrit. >>

dear hindu guest,

no one is forcing anything.

however, langauge has become some barrier within hindus.

all will agree that one languge for the whole nation will serve well. so, why not accept one language? hindi is chosen as of now. and it is not chosen becaue tamil is seen as bad. no. most in india however do know hindi.

why not we start or help start a project of translating all tamil vedas into sanskrit and vice versa?

as hindus we learn from every source.

is there a web site where we can read tamil vedas?

pleas pick a good hindu username also.

that helps.

thanks.

-maadhav

Guest guest

Faith is something that is important.

We have fire walking, bull fighting,body piercing and an array of rituals, which might look harsh for an outsider.

But the people who undergo that, fast, and live in control for a specified period of time.

And I am not blowing the trumpet of tamilnadu.

People shud make it a point to see the great temples of madurai, tanjore, kanchi, palani, thiruchendore, mylai etc.. and see the rituals there.

Tamilnadu is a land of Saint Agastya, Patanjali yogi, the great siddhas.

And the village festivals are very colurful.

Certain village gods, require some rituals that involve meat etc. The village legends relate them to the vedic gods.

My point is there is no religion apart from hinduism. And just because they are not intellectually appealing, we cannot say, its bad for hinduism, rather we shoud find the reasons behind the rituals.