Sign in to follow this  
harerama

how do you "reject" the Hindu trinity of

Rate this topic

Jai Ganesh

Re

(how do you "reject" the Hindu trinity of

Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva?)

why would anyone want to reject either of them?

life has no meaning without them.

Atri muni worshiped the supream lord not knowing who that was, all three apeared and declared their oneness.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

brahma, vishnu, siva are the deities who administrate, under krsna/mahavishnu's direction, the gunas in the material world

jesus simply does not give details on this fact .. where's the difficulty?

Prabhu, must be a reason behind it.

Just as Lord Buddha rejected Vedas priniciple of sacrifice. To propagate ahimsa {compassion for all like forms} Seems to have forgotten the meaning for ahimda-P

So all Avatara/Incarnations have this.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Hindu Shiva = Catholic Holy Trinity

Form of Shiva= Holy Spirit

Shiva the Creator= The Father

Shiva the Destroyer= The Son

father = god

son = soul(s)

holy ghost = pramriti (nature)

however to do 1 to 1 comparison between two religions maynot be possible sometimes.

any answer you give, it will not be perfect answer for some.

in xianity there is no soul in non human beings.

besides "holy ghost" is an oximoron in vedic view.

a holy soul/jiva never becomes a ghost.

BTW, when was xians's holy ghost born?

Sorry guys I really don't know a whole lot about the way Hindus worship. I'm a Hare Krishna so I accept Krishna(Visnu) as the one true God, not as in a trinity with Brahma and Siva. I understand how the trinity works, create-protect-destroy. But what I don't understand is if you consider all three demigods what do you call the one God? and are there Hindus who consider Visnu to be that one God?

Guest guest

simply trimurti is not the ultimate reality.. there's some job to do in the material universe (administration of the gunas), and god chooses to do it together with two other personalities who are not the supreme lord

who wants to see it as the higher position of god in vedic science is influenced by christianism

there's the number three in trimurti and trinity, but the concepts are hugely different

the father is the supreme, vishnu, krsna

the son is the representative, guru, avatara that for christians is only jesus

the holy spirit is in some descriptions like paramatma, in some others like brahman

so there's some common concepts, but not between the two "trinities" who explain very different concepts

in our philosophy the highest "trinity" is bhagavan/paramatma/brahman who shows the three aspects of the supreme.. not trimurti

"Sorry guys I really don't know a whole lot about the way Hindus worship. I'm a Hare Krishna so I accept Krishna(Visnu) as the one true God, not as in a trinity with Brahma and Siva. I understand how the trinity works, create-protect-destroy. But what I don't understand is if you consider all three demigods what do you call the one God? and are there Hindus who consider Visnu to be that one God? "

Well Hindus worship different gods. Some worship Shakti, Shiva, Vishnu, Ganesha, etc. There are a lot of sects in Hinduism that seek to define their God as the Supreme God and all other gods as expansions of that One God.

Hindus believe in Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva. Some believe they're equally powerful, I guess. While others believe Vishnu is Supreme or Shiva is Supreme and the other demigods are really expansions of that god.

Hindus generally do believe in one Supreme God or Reality, which they call Brahman. However, they are not in agreement WHICH God is Supreme, and thus they have a ton of sects emphasising one god or another as the Supreme and other gods as expansions of that God.

For example, Vaishnavas believe Krishna or Vishnu is the Supreme. Shaivites believe Shiva is the supreme.

Guest guest

Ok in the beginning there was only the Holy Spirit. Then this divided into two- The Father and the Son both of which contained the Holy Spirit. The Father represents God (or what most Christians think of as God) and the Son represents the individual. The Son is a part of God, his son, yet also seperate from him, human.

So Shiva also represents two things. The Creator and the Destroyer. The Creator represents the Greatest existance/God from which the destroyer/individual stems.

Guest guest

Ok in the beginning there was only the Holy Spirit. Then this divided into two- The Father and the Son both of which contained the Holy Spirit

••every life is eternal and all manifestations of god are eternal

So Shiva also represents two things.

••shiva is real..not a representation

Guest guest

if holy spirit was in the beginning,

then there was God????

How can God ever come into being...

I agree with previous post with a slight adjustment:

Father = Bhagwan

Son = Soul/Atman

Holy Spirit = Brahman

Guest guest

correction:

Father = Parabrahman (God)

Son = Paramatman/Supersoul (can also be called Guru - since guru is the physical representation of the disciple's supersoul)

Holy Spirit = Brahman (all-pervading impersonal energy)