IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
subroto

hindus have to start taking responsibility:

Rate this topic

----"Of course, the west and Islam have brainwashed the hindus into thinking they are worthless, but why did hindus allow themselves to be brainwashed so? It is because they are not real, practicing hindus at all, just name-sake ones. Hinduism is only for the superior breed, and unfortunately, Indians don't qualify. I am not saying others do, probably they don't."------

Excellent piece of writing, when the foreign powers(islam and later christianity) had got to india, the hindu dharma was at a very weak stage already and that was because of the hindus lack of dedication and belief. So yes the blame lies with us for the decline of hinduism.

As far as mordern hinduism goes thats a different story, yes we have been brainwashed by the west as well as our own westernized indian soceity into thinking that we are worthless. My own so called hindu friends have ridiculed me for having gone deep into hinduism, they say we live in the new century and that we must all the old beliefs behind us and move on. Now that is the mindset of a typical so called hindu in india...they don't want to go deep into hinduism just learn bits and pieces here and there.

<< Hinduism is only for the superior breed, >>

no. hinduism is for every human.

1000 years slumber takes a bit of time to wake up.

<< I suppose hinduism can be popular only in the next century, cuz only by that time, people might become more mature. >>

i think sooner. do not forget that it is still a living dharma and culture. thanks to prabhupad krishna is known all over the world alomst.

Guest guest

{"My own so called hindu friends have ridiculed me for having gone deep into hinduism, they say we live in the new century and that we must all the old beliefs behind us and move on. Now that is the mindset of a typical so called hindu in india"}

I just want to confirm that you are in India? What part of India are you in? That's quite sad that the youth in India are like that. Is this attitude common among them? I've heard alot of stories about how Indian youth in India (especially the cites) are disgraceful and are a laughing stock...ashamed of anything Indian...always trying too hard to be something they're not.

I live in UK and I find that there is a growing interest in recent years in Hinduism among Hindu youths in the west. I'm not criticised for learning about Hinduism, rather I'm respected and ofter discuss with friends about Hinduism. It may be that among the youths, Hinduism is more popular in the west.