IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

ethical question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

now lets say you went to the temple, ur sitting in front of Lord Ganapati cross legged, eyes closed praying. There are others (not many) praying around you. You open your eyes and see an old man standing in front of Lord Ganapati about to donate some money. As he's walking away you notice that there is money on the floor. You go pick it up and see its about $200 and when you give it back to the old man, he says its not his. He is very adamant about it and now you are left with the option of taking it for yourself. Do u take it for urself or do u donate it to the temple?

Guest guest

these are lord ganapati's money, you have found them in his home.. give them back to him

In the long run it really does not matter to the Temple.

The Temple will not be richer or the poorer.

You will not gain any thing in keeping the money that does not belong to you.

By not keeping property which not belong to you, you will have acted in process of purifying your heart.

Guest guest

Take the money of course! Its Lord Ganapati's way of providing me with prosperity. Its most likely His way of removing obstacles from my way. I would then go out and buy me a nice sari and go out to dinner for some nice Indian food...unless...Ganesha wants to send a sari and some food my way too. *smiles*

Guest guest

now what if it was the Lord's way of sending me money.....how would i know this unless i took it?

when given anything that one says the Lord gave them to ease their situation, how do they know the Lord meant it for them?

If someone was walking through the forest praying for gold, praying hard and good virtuously...and they came to a pond and on the edge of the pond was a bag of gold, should they keep it? perhaps it was God's way of answering their prayers, but how do they know that? perhaps someone lost it or forgot it there and now you have taken their property...to jump to the conclusion that it was meant for u because you prayed is clouded judgement....

also, why would the temple not be richer from me donating the money??

Guest guest

If i were in that situation i would donate my money to some orphanage or and old age home. 200$ in india would go a along way. Btw i would not take the ownership of that donation even. Its gods money.

Jana seva janardhana seva

Guest guest

ratheest

I was just kidding! If I find the money, I would try to find out if anyone lost it or if anyone was donating it and return it to the appropriate person. If I find this money on a street or a restaurant, I would keep it. I would not keep it from a temple unless the pandit of the temple told me to keep it if no one claims it in a few days. At this time, I would keep it if I was broke. If not, I would donate it to the temple or part of it to the temple.

Celestine

Guest guest

i would definately donate it if no one claimed it, regardless of what the preists say or if i was broke....the Lord will provide for me in other ways. I hope that money can go to some good use in making the temple better.