IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The Fraud God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"May Srila Prabhupada please forgive you for the way you have minimized and balshpehmed him. "

Who will forgive Him for calculating Lord Shiva's percentage.

Guest guest

There is nothing to forgive .Srila Prabhupada is repeating the words of Srila Rupa Goswami, the most intimate associate of Lord Caitanya, from the smriti sastra, Sri Bhakti Rasamrta Sindhu, also known in it's Summary Study form as the Nectar of Devotion.Srila Rupa Goswami is the brother of the greatest scholar of India of all time Srila Jiva Goswami. What is your sastra or authority to say different ? If you can't disprove my point then you must accept, and if you don't accept then you are not a gentleman.

Guest guest

But what formula was used to arrive at this % iam really eager to know that .

Guest guest

"greatest scholar of India of all time Srila Jiva Goswami."

How do you knwo he was the greatest scholar do you have proof.

I sometimes think that you are opening umpteen threads to further blemish SP's name.

Guest guest

"you can have a better language.. but with this language you are unable to give any valid answer to gaura das"

Since you are the Judge. And may be you are GD himself.

The language is self evident and no other proof is required. . needs not be picked up and smelled.

again.. no proof or demonstration... only judgements

Guest guest

I do no care what Srila Prabhupada thinks. He may be an eminent scholar who had interpreted the Gita in English for the western world to spread word of the holy Gita to the westerners and succeded in convincing the whites to accept Krishna as the Supreme God.

Yes, good for him indeed. Since "Krishna as the Supreme God" is the crystal clear message of the Gita, which anyone who can read it in the original Sanskrit can easily see.

Note that I am not a Prabhupada follower.

Good for him and a great job well done but to pass remark on another soul is foolishness and stupid.

No, foolishness means to accept everything without thinking it through. Blind acceptance is silly and does no one any credit.

Whether Sri Satya Sai Baba is a fraud or not is for the devotees to decide not Srila Prabhupada.

No, Sai Baba is a fraud, and it doesn't matter what his devotees think. Obviously, they don't think he is a fraud, or else why would they be his devotees? His fraudulence is not a matter of opinion, but simply a fact. He does not conform to Vedic standards of etiquette, he preaches conclusions that are not found in the Vedas, he dishonestly uses names like "Bhagavad-Gita" as a vehicle for his message even though he disagrees with Bhagavad-gita, etc. It wouldn't be so bad if he at least distanced himself from Vedas, but he can't leave well enough alone. This is a clear cut case of someone who wants to create his own religion, yet cannot do it on his own. So therefore he uses Vedas as a footstool to give his religion the appearance of credibility.

Now it looks like he was jealous of Sri Satya Sai's popularity and the millions of devotess flocking to his ashram called Brindvanam.

From what little I know of Prabhupada, I very much doubt that he cared how many "millions" of "devvotess" (sic) flocked to the banner of a fraudulent pseudo guru.

Everyone knows that the cheap thing always seems to taste better in the beginning. Having a lot of followers does not prove anything. Indeed, I am highly suspicious of anyone who has so many followers in this day and age, given that the masses are apt to follow whoever makes them feel good about themselves.

Baba is a great soul coz he has not spoken malicious words against any gurus. All he does is spread love and peace among devotees around the world. He too does service to mankind by providing free meals for the poor and runs college for needy children. If one reads the Gita than one will undrerstand the message of Krishna but there are those who had misinterpreted the verses to their own satisfaction.

This argument again. Have we not established, dear pet, that you do not know Sanskrit, and consequently you have no idea what the Gita says? Are you really this dense? It's a simple concept, Barney, so try and absorb it: You don't know Sanskrit, and therefore you have no way of knowing what it says.

If what Srila Prabhupada thinks Sri Satya Sai Baba is a fraud than I would say Jesus too was a fraud. Coz he too showed magical powers by curing the laper, blind and raising Lazarus from the dead. What do you call it than?

Well I don't care what you call him. If Jesus is a fraud, then I have no problem with it. We are talking about Hinduism, are we not? Why must we venerate someone else's prophets?

All I can say is Srila Prabhupada was a jealous old man

So, if Sai Baba is a "great soul coz he has not spoken malicious words against any gurus," (your unverifiable assumption), then what does this make you, given that you just called someone else's guru a "jealous old man?"

Obviously, you don't to the standards you impose on others.

coz he was not reconized in India and so he had to go the US to get popularized.

Genuine spiritual traditions rarely get much recognition. Your psyche seems buried in the unhealthy mentality of popular appeal = genuine religion.

But I than him for convincing some of the white misfits to accept the holy Gita and sing Hari Krishna in the streets of America. I cannot accept him as a guru but only as one of the interpreters of the holy Gita.

How can you know if he "intepreted" the "holy Gita" or not when you don't even know the language of the Gita? Barney, you are either incredibly dense, or extremely dishonest, or both. I suspect both. Every Sai Baba I have ever met always accuse everyone of "interpreting" scriptures which they cannot even read.

A more honest approach, would be to spend some time learning Sanskrit and putting in the requisite time to be able to translate as well as evaluate other translations. Then you can honestly say who is and who is not interpreting.

Of course, that assumes that you care about honesty.

Raghu

Guest guest

Dear Guest, Srila Prabhupada said that Jiva goswami was the greatest scholar of all time, so how could I be blemisihing Prabhupada's name by doingthat ?????????? One look at his Sandharbas, or by what Srila Prabhupada said about him, and there is no validity to your unfounded accusation.

In reply to:

Yes, good for him indeed. Since "Krishna as the Supreme God" is the crystal clear message of the Gita, which anyone who can read it in the original Sanskrit can easily see.

Note that I am not a Prabhupada follower.

Neither do I a follower of Sri Satia Sai Baba.

In reply to:

No, foolishness means to accept everything without thinking it through. Blind acceptance is silly and does no one any credit.

Correct and that is why I do not accept everything Srila Prahbupada had said. Being a an old man of ripe age he would not realize his own mistakes. And accepting everything he says is foolishness. Calling all others rasclas and fools shows how senile he was during his last years. If he needed to send the message home he should have picked the right words wothour hurting others. Anyway he may be right for you but not for me and many others like me.

In reply to:

No, Sai Baba is a fraud, and it doesn't matter what his devotees think. Obviously, they don't think he is a fraud, or else why would they be his devotees? His fraudulence is not a matter of opinion, but simply a fact. He does not conform to Vedic standards of etiquette, he preaches conclusions that are not found in the Vedas, he dishonestly uses names like "Bhagavad-Gita" as a vehicle for his message even though he disagrees with Bhagavad-gita, etc. It wouldn't be so bad if he at least distanced himself from Vedas, but he can't leave well enough alone. This is a clear cut case of someone who wants to create his own religion, yet cannot do it on his own. So therefore he uses Vedas as a footstool to give his religion the appearance of credibility.

You do not have any proof and yet you convict the man. Here it shows your ego and unstable attitude of your mind. What vedic standard are you talking about. It does not mean one who knows sanskrit is a master of all field. Even in tamil agamas there are more meaningful concept yet and so are religious text of other languages. Ego is at play here again. Did he tell you he does not agree with Bhagavad-gita? Where and where did hre say that. You are jealous that he not only praises Krishna but Shiva and others forms of God and that is why you show your disapproval here. Did he ever say his is a new religion. Have you ever spent some time reading his discoures? As I have said above you are like the media convicting a person before he is convicted by the court of law. Passing judgement on someone based of hearsay is stupidity and ignorant.

In reply to:

From what little I know of Prabhupada, I very much doubt that he cared how many "millions" of "devvotess" (sic) flocked to the banner of a fraudulent pseudo guru.

Everyone knows that the cheap thing always seems to taste better in the beginning. Having a lot of followers does not prove anything. Indeed, I am highly suspicious of anyone who has so many followers in this day and age, given that the masses are apt to follow whoever makes them feel good about themselves.

"fraudulent pseudo guru". Based on what? Hearing from people who hate him? You cannot dicover the truth by yourself but gather what others say and make an assumption is not being clever but shows your lacking in intelligent. Why feel suspicious, go and discover if your suspision is right or wrong rather than grazing elswhere and following the heard of goats. That is what people need today, an assurance that God is with you always and he cares for all. Instead of saying repeat the name of Krishna and all will be well. Not everyone in the world could study sanskrit but there are experts who have traslated the scriptures and is now available to learned but what about the illetrats? Did Srila Parbhupada think of them, no he was unable to help them because he did not have the patience nor did he use any translaters to help them discover Krishna. He thought it would be a waste of time helping the illetrates and so he ran off to US where he felt it would be safe.\

In reply to:

This argument again. Have we not established, dear pet, that you do not know Sanskrit, and consequently you have no idea what the Gita says? Are you really this dense? It's a simple concept, Barney, so try and absorb it: You don't know Sanskrit, and therefore you have no way of knowing what it says.

It was not like the dark days in India where the illetrates would just have to listen what the educated Brahmins say and there should be no questions asked. As what happened in Mecca and Medina during the ime of Mohammed where he used the educated learneds to impress the illetrates and force them to accept whatever he said without questioning. But such days are over as the world population is better equiped with computer and internet facilities. Sanslrit is no more the language for the brahmis alone. It is now being translated into other major langauges and easy access to Vedic scriptures. So, do not say that without knowing sanskrit one would not understand anything.

In reply to:

Well I don't care what you call him. If Jesus is a fraud, then I have no problem with it. We are talking about Hinduism, are we not? Why must we venerate someone else's prophets?

Here it shows your ignorance and bias attitude.

In reply to:

So, if Sai Baba is a "great soul coz he has not spoken malicious words against any gurus," (your unverifiable assumption), then what does this make you, given that you just called someone else's guru a "jealous old man?"

Obviously, you don't to the standards you impose on others.

And so do you. It takes two to tango my friend.

In reply to:

Genuine spiritual traditions rarely get much recognition. Your psyche seems buried in the unhealthy mentality of popular appeal = genuine religion.

Who says so, you and Srila Prahbhupada? Come out of you nut shell and see only than you wil know that the world is not your nut shell. In my country thte is a saying " Kata dibawa temperong" which when translated means a frog under a coconut shell would always think that the space inside the shell is the world.

In reply to:

How can you know if he "intepreted" the "holy Gita" or not when you don't even know the language of the Gita? Barney, you are either incredibly dense, or extremely dishonest, or both. I suspect both. Every Sai Baba I have ever met always accuse everyone of "interpreting" scriptures which they cannot even read.

A more honest approach, would be to spend some time learning Sanskrit and putting in the requisite time to be able to translate as well as evaluate other translations. Then you can honestly say who is and who is not interpreting.

Of course, that assumes that you care about honesty.

Here again it is repeatation. Today it is not must one should master sanskrit in order to undrstand the Gita or the Upanishads. There are experts who have translated them into English so that many millions could read and understand the scriptures. So, there is no logic to your assumption. I need not learn sanskrit in order to understand Hnduism. But, anyway thanks for your advice and no thanks as I have the translated doctorines at hand and it is more than enough for my understanding.

Guest guest

Here again it is repeatation. Today it is not must one should master sanskrit in order to undrstand the Gita or the Upanishads. There are experts who have translated them into English so that many millions could read and understand the scriptures. So, there is no logic to your assumption. I need not learn sanskrit in order to understand Hnduism. But, anyway thanks for your advice and no thanks as I have the translated doctorines at hand and it is more than enough for my understanding.

Barney, are you really this dense? How do you know the translation is correct unless you know Sanskrit?

Common sense. You only have to have 3 or 4 functioning neurons to understand this simple concept. You can't understand a book without understanding the language it is written in. You can't assume a "translation" is accurate without knowing how to read the original.

It's common sense. Really. Try it sometime. Thinking works miracles.

Guest guest

Just see the idiocy of Barney's position.

He admits to being a Sanskrit illiterate, yet he accuses others of "interpreting" the Sanskrit of Bhagavad-Gita.

Guest guest

Many concepts are conceptualised and written in different languages. That does not stop one from learning those.

In fact you are using a language now that you barely know.

In reply to:

Barney, are you really this dense? How do you know the translation is correct unless you know Sanskrit?

Common sense. You only have to have 3 or 4 functioning neurons to understand this simple concept. You can't understand a book without understanding the language it is written in. You can't assume a "translation" is accurate without knowing how to read the original.

It's common sense. Really. Try it sometime. Thinking works miracles.

So, you admit the Gita translation of Srila Prabhupada in Englis is incorrect? If it is so I rest my case.

Guest guest

Jai krishna....greatest teacher of the world.One who teached

great BHAGAVAD-GITA For us.

Crores of pranamas to him, But i do feel sad when peoples like

prabhupad takes the misuse of your name and misleads the people.

Jai krishna

Guest guest

So, you admit the Gita translation of Srila Prabhupada in Englis is incorrect? If it is so I rest my case.

Unbelievable.

Barney, you really are Dense.