IndiaDivine.org

Miracles

Rate this topic

Azuric

Just an interesting topic i thought id bring up to see your oppinions on, miracles.

What are miracles and how do they manifest themeselves in our so scientific world?

They prove that everything we 'learned' beings have found the universe to be scientifically is false.

Or, do you think they are mere conincidences?

What are your views on the phenomenon where in 1995 all around the world, statues/murtis of Lord Ganesh drank milk?

Azuric

Wow madaav, thank you for that informative contribution.

I can understand to an extent why my heart is beating, by "miracle" i refer to events/occurances that openly outlaw the rules of science.

I do not find your cynical attitude helpful. I wish in future that you would contribute to a discussion only if you have something beneficial to say, and not to reflect your pedantic attitude.

Azuric

One of the miracle that i have witnessed is "Love".

How can Love be described??In a scientific world i dont think we have any definition for Love. Its a feeling that gets generated in ur heart which has no dimensions,nor shape nor size. It has no features.so what it is?I consider that as a miracle.

you took the message in a wrong way.

i really think that our beating heart is really is a miracle. I have seen on tv a heart

in the palms of a surgeon

totally cut off from the body

and still beating.

it is mircle because none can make a beating heart in laboratory.

a seed of a tree or plant also is a mirale.

"LOVE" is not a miracle as it is what we are all made for. It is love that united your parents and you were born and so are all of us. Love is in all living creatures and if you observe closely even the smallest of creature would show love and posession for its offsprings. What Azuric wants to know is miracle that is something that happens when you needed it most in your life. Like you are driving along mountain cliff and suddenly your car goes out of control and plunges two hundred feet deep down below and crashes but you survive without a scrach and that is a miracle. The statue of lord Ganesha sipping milk through its trunk in 1995 around the world is an unsolved phenomenon and that is a miracle. Miracles do happen and it will happen at a time you least expect. It requires strong faith and believe for miracles to happen.

The basic fundamental for miracle is "FAITH". A strong faith in something or someone could create miracle. A strong unquestionable faith in a diety of ones choice would create miracle when wished for one. It has happened all arund the world. But there are those who do not believe in such. The formula here is positive thinking = positive value. Our mind itself is a miracle but most of us do not know how to tap the miracle that is hidden in it. The secret is we must allow our subconcious mind to work for whatever we want or need to happen that is beyond our capabality. When our positive thought sends the electro energy of to our brain cells of the subconcious mind it would create a kind of power that would manifest the desired programe. Those who know of this formula have acheived what they want. So, I hope whatever you are looking for is sucessfully gained. All you need is a strong faith.

Guest guest

explained in this way seems that miracles are only in our head

the fact is that it is logic that the power who controls the nature (god, brahman or whatever) has also the possibility to go against these laws

and he does it when there's to convince the men that material life is not everything, that what we can see, experience and measure is not everything

yes, what you said, with a slight improvement, is this:

<< the fact is that it is logic (general thinking) that the power (god) who controls the nature (god, brahman or whatever) has also the possibility to go against these laws

and he does it when there's (a need) to convince the men that material life is not everything, that what we can see, experience and measure is not everything >>

miracle is when something unimaginable happens, or totally unexped thing happens. so it is in teh mind of the observer.

a fool/moodha/ignorant will not see a miracle even when it happens in front of him. a voive from a cell phone is not a miracle for us, but it is for an aborigin of australia.

what is miracle for us may not be a miracle for a saint or some one who really knows what is happening and knows that it can happen or how it happens. e.g there is no miracle for god.

Guest guest

you are right but something can be judged a miracle for all cathegories of men when some activity is done by god against natural laws

of course there's no miracle for saints or everything is a miracle because they see everything connected with krsna, so everything is full of bliss and surprise

maybe you give some bad meaning to the "miracle" word? i do not think so.. in latin it means "something (surprising) who is to be seen

haribol

Everybody knows is comon belief that miracles only happen with the will of God. I'm not sayng no but you have to think further. I've mentioned clearly that one has to have strong faith in what he or she believes in. Without positive thought and faith you cannot expect a miracle to happen. Also remember that it ha to be for a good cause not simple wish for bad things to happen to others. May be you do not understand the concept of wishing for a miracle to happen. Some miracle happens for the purpose and benefit of whole nation, society or a particular race or religion who have been suppressed by eveil forces. Now that is a miracle that is willed by God and the cry for help by them. Miracle do happen to individual person when he or she wishes fro something which is beyond his reach and needs the help of God or the supernatural. This works on how positive thinking and faith, without it you would not be able to receive such. Don't you think that the brain we possess is a miracle? Look around you and you will know what I mean.

Guest guest

Without positive thought and faith you cannot expect a miracle to happen

...i disagree... miracles are made to make people turn to trascendence, so it is very possible and logic that god shows miracles especially to non believers or no positive thinkers (in that sense) to make them turn to him.. in another words it is not us that made miracles thinking that they can happen. It is god, a perfectly autonomous and omnipotent being who can do everything for the purpose of teaching to living being or even without the only purpose to enjoy with his associates..(lila)

May be you do not understand the concept of wishing for a miracle to happen

...i simply understand that i can wish for a miracle or that i can pray for some help by god... but god has his own will and he can decide to manifestate himself to anyone without any previous requisite.. even the wishing for a miracle or the desire of fulfillment of a prayer

so desire can surely call the help of god, but god has complete autonomy and freedom to act as he want.

This works on how positive thinking and faith, without it you would not be able to receive such

.....i think that it is not true and that it is demonstrated by religious history.. because who is realized, who feels already the presence of god does not ask miracle. Actually he does not ask anything, his desire is only to serve. So again, even for things happened to who are positive regarding god and His help.. the capacity of god to make personal plans in perfect autonomy is not in discussion... otherwise he were not god, god and freedom go together

Don't you think that the brain we possess is a miracle?

...everything is a miracle if we recognise the presence of god in everything

[i disagree... miracles are made to make people turn to trascendence, so it is very possible and logic that god shows miracles especially to non believers or no positive thinkers (in that sense) to make them turn to him.. in another words it is not us that made miracles thinking that they can happen. It is god, a perfectly autonomous and omnipotent being who can do everything for the purpose of teaching to living being or even without the only purpose to enjoy with his associates..(lila)]

Sorry I do not agree. Even atheist do have encountered miracles. Miracles are not confined to believers alone. This is something out of extraordinary and it happens to anyone at any place. Believers would always think that miracles would only happen to them and not others. Atheist may not believe in the Omnipresent but having faith in himself alone would trigger his subconscious mind to create miracle. But he may not call it a miracle as commonly believed that mracles are linked to faith in God.

[i think that it is not true and that it is demonstrated by religious history.. because who is realized, who feels already the presence of god does not ask miracle. Actually he does not ask anything, his desire is only to serve. So again, even for things happened to who are positive regarding god and His help.. the capacity of god to make personal plans in perfect autonomy is not in discussion... otherwise he were not god, god and freedom go together]

Again the above explanation is wrong. Self realized men had asked for miracle to happen. Read the story of Adhi Shankara and you will know why he prayed for miracle. Even Jesus in the bible prayed to God for a miracle to revive Lazarus. It is faith and without it nothing can move.

• 2 weeks later...

After i read all the comments this is what i feel.Miracles can be defined as alot of different aspects and different views.When we pray to Our Lord(whatevre the caste)we cry our hearts out in trouble and many a time our problems are solved, we Thank God,little do we know that even though we did pray to god, it was we ourself who had solved our own problem not the Lord from above directly,then again it was also God for our Faith in God gave us the strength to carry on or else we could have lost our hope.So in a way Miracles do happen but most of it is Our Faith in God which helps us more.maybe I am wrong in your eyes but its the Fact.We invent trouble, we solve them and We thank God for it For not doing it for us but for showing us the way to do it.Do you agree.Regards, Babitha

Guest guest

I do not often speak of the things that have happend to me, why??

1.People thinks im crazy

2.Its my and only my experience

But I can tell u a little of my miracles if you would take the time to read:

one tim I was in a bigger city thats wery rough and many people is getting beatened and I was out late and I was walking in a dark alley when a man with a gun comes to me and says that im going to die, he pull his gun and point at me and pull the trigger and nuthin is happening, he does it 4-5 times and the gun clicks, and he point the gun in the air and two shots go of and he pints at me again and it click a few times, and he again shots in the air, and he went away in fear!! A gun cant click so many times, this I know for a fact, my father is a military and he had told me that, if a bullet dont go of, it is 1 to 10000, and if 5 dont go of and then it does in the air and again two dont go off is scientific impossible!!

Miracle two is when I was meditating and my friend was in the same room and he was talking to me and he saw that my bed was empty, and I realized that I was in India at Varanasi in the Ganges, and after a short period of time I was back in my bed wet, on top of the blancket, before with my friend as a witness I was under!! And the last miracle Im going to tell u is when I was performing Japa and a red light was surrounding me and I travelled thru time 100000 years back in time!! my mother came in to the room and I wasent there, after a short time she turned around and screamed when she saw me again in the room...

U dont have to beleif me but this is all true, do this qualify as miracles!?

I have read similar experiences in many site and books.As you had said in the begining it might sound unfamiliar to the one who reads it.Are you well initiated in Meditation etc.If yes maybe you can guide me as well with the correct way.I wish we can communicate more often.I am Babitha from India setteled in Dubai.If your willing to reply then please do.Regards,

Babitha

Guest guest

There are no "miracles", in one sense. It is only when we are not understanding how the wonderful energy of Lord Krsna is working , under His direction, that we call something a miracle.

When Srila Prabhupad was asked if he "performed miracles," Srila Prabhupada pointed to the devotees and said, "There are my miracles. To change ones heart is a miracle." And when one considers the people that Srila Prabhupada was preaching to, and how many of them came to his lotus feet giving up so many bad habits, then this in and of itself attests to Srila Prabhupada's empowerment.