IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

Any difference?

Rate this topic

From the Gita:

If you will not fight this righteous war, then you will fail in your duty, lose your reputation, and incur sin. (2.33) People will talk about your disgrace forever. To the honored, disgrace is worse than death. (2.34) You will go to heaven if killed in the line of duty, or you will enjoy kingdom on earth if victorious. Therefore, get up with determination to fight, O Arjuna. (2.37) Just do your duty to the best of your ability without becoming discouraged by the thought of the outcome which may be success or failure, gain or loss, victory or defeat. By doing your duty with this attitude, you will not incur sin or Karmic bondage." (2.38)

From Muslim Hadith:

Translation of Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 46:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The example of a Mujahid in Allah's Cause-- and Allah knows better who really strives in His Cause----is like a person who fasts and prays continuously. Allah guarantees that He will admit the Mujahid in His Cause into Paradise if he is killed, otherwise He will return him to his home safely with rewards and war booty."

Maadhav,

Cant't you see the similarity on Jihad and Paradise in the Gita? Come on Maadhav I do not want to be a hypoctare but this is what I see and if you say I am wrong please correct me than and give your opinion on both.

Though:.

Allah is Impersonal aspect of Krsna

Krsna is Personal aspect. Full}

I am sure Qu'ran must have personal aspect of God, but they not accept, being Impersonalists, but I think some do hold Personal conception of God. Either way, there could be simliar things said, but lets look at the essence of them both, what do they say?

Guest guest

The Lord is one and He teaches One truth.

Exoteric elements of all culture see God as separate and thus they create differences among Jivatmas as well.

Esoteric elements, on the other hand, realise the Unity.

Sufi saints and Advaitins know that they are speaking about One truth. Similarly, Christians ignore Christ's statement that: My Father in Heaven and I are same.

Christ was killed by the High Priests for pronouncing the truth.

Atanu

yes barney,

there is a huge difference.

you need to take this message with other messages from koran and hadith.

while islam cannot tolerate any other religion on the earth or in haven, hinduism is tolerant of all (with the exception of any that cannot tolerate hinduism in hindustan).

because of this difference

islam has caused mass killings and conversions by the sword right from the start of islam.

the concept of god goven in koran or hadith is totally different from the concept of god given in gita.

hope this is enough for you to understand the difference.

agree?

Guest guest

jihad is the internal struggle against our own demonic nature...

the mullahs have misinterpreted causing all this terrorist attitude...

Whose fault is it? Is it the Koran or the hadith or is it the interpreters fo the hadith? Or did Mohammad really gave such orders? Can a real Muslim enlighten us? This controversy has been going on for aeons and none[muslims scolars] could give a conclusive reply. So, how could the non Muslims have faith and trust in Islam or its followers?

Guest guest

fault is with interpreters

mohammed didn't give such orders

a real muslim is for example the sufi poet Rumi...

I'm sure he could give you a PERFECT reply as to the sanctity of Islam, including the true meaning of Jihad...

non Muslims can have faith in Islam and its followers...

Followers = those who are not committing terrorism

Haribol