IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
barney

HUMAN EDGE

Rate this topic

HUMAN EDGE

Religion has been defined as a particular system of belief in the Supreme Being whom we call God by various names and in languages that befit each culture and race. From the day man realized that there is a power above us that controls this universe, religion was born. Today some eighty five percent of the world population believes in the doctrine of divine establishments. But the competition of establishing whose is the true faith has led man to the extent of killing each other to impose his belief on those who oppose. We are made to believe that prophets and messengers were chosen by the Supreme Being to transmit messages to mankind so that people would lead a righteous life, which would assure us a place in heaven hereafter. So much so some of these establishments emphasize more on the life hereafter than what needs to be done here and now. We are not blind that we cannot see what is happening to us and around the world. Some of us do not even worry about the happenings around our own neighbourhood, but instead we only preach to others about religious obligations. Why it is so because we only read and memorize whatever is written in the divine scriptures of our religion, but fail to practice or even understand what they actually meant. There are some overzealous defenders of some religion who would go to the extend of taking the lives of others for the sake of imposing their belief on others and there are those who believe that speaking or converging with those of different faith is a sin. Why is there such indifferences among these followers is not a mystery. I believe those in authority of their religion have either misinterpreted their doctrines or misguided their followers for selfish reasons.

Prophets and divine persons do not see any difference in the their approach except that some of them may have immersed themselves too deep in their faith and the life hereafter that they failed to see the sensitivity of people at large, which is why we are always at war. We are neither the first nor the last of our species. We are the link from the past the present and the future and if we do not want to destroy what we have built this far, than we ought to change our mindset to live and let live so that the future will be a better place for all living beings. The action of the past is the product of today and ours will determine the future as to how our species will survive. We are so engrossed in each other’s faith and believe, that we fail to see the real issue here. God did not create this universe to be destroyed by his own creation but to preserve it for the future generation, which we would not live to see. Our action would determine the future destination of mankind on earth. For centuries mankind has seen wars of religion, wars of territories and wars of terrorism, which result is indeterminable devastation of tranquillity to the living species of this planet. We can see the adverse effect that is causing this world to slowly escalate into a world of terror where none is safe to dwell. There are, I believe persons of divine quality in the present world who are emphasizing on unity in diversity of mankind and the wonders it will bring, but some religions do not see the wisdom in them. The followers of these religions are not to be blamed but the institution they belong to, which only cares for their own breed of people and not the whole of mankind. Did God divide the human race into divisions, of course not but than why are we divided?

This, we will have to look into the anthropology of the human race. In evolution the human race moved out from a single area of the globe to other parts of the world to seek better environment for survival and that caused the changes in pigmentation of skin colour, mannerism, behavioural pattern, development of language and consumption of food intake. Apart from this nothing else has changed. A human is a human no matter what language, race, colour or creed he belongs to. The worst thing could happen to mankind is religion, which had divided man apart from each other. All this could have been due to misinterpretations and misguided doctrines of the so-called messengers of God who could not have foreseen the problems they had created for the future world. During their era it was easy to contain, as the population was small and illiteracy was high where the messengers although would have encountered some resistance due to change in the method of approach but eventually were able to convert them by way of force, war and control of territory. Today the human race is well informed and due to the developing capacity of reasoning power of the human brain, men have emerged in finding the truth according to ones own understanding of the Supreme Being. To save the world from self-destruction, all institution of divine doctrines should collectively agree to speak as one mind to convince the human race that the Supreme Being is one and is called by many names, and is approached in ways that one finds comfort and peace at heart. Only than can mankind live in peace with each other without hurting or mocking one’s faith. Before any worst could happen I feel this would be the best approach towards peace on earth. May the human race live as one nation and help to carve a better future for the generation to come so that this planet would be a better place for all living entity.

Barney.

2nd. January. 2003

Guest guest

Nice work barney.. but have you tried to think about how you are maybe thinking a bit too mutch? Have you been thinking that maybe you are cought up in your head too mutch? Have yout been thinking that maybe this is not so good for you, cause I know that you have your problems, it's way clear in your words here all over this forum.

Take time to relax and take care of you. If u don't take care of you, you can't bee mutch to what's around you or eaven you, cause your so f¤#ing stressed that you might not wanna be alive anymore.

(Get mad at me now and see if that would help. I know my words are a bit hard here, but since I don't know you, I'll take a chanse and say "get your ass moving". If I'm wrong about you, I'm wrong (SUPER-big chanse I am). If I'm not wrong, I hope I was able to help you alittle, that maybe I am alittle right or something.)

Wow! I must have gotten under you skin uh!? Gee! It was a simple nostrum for those who think only they should live in this world. But what is tickling your ass that prompts you to tell me to go fly kite? I am very much in control of my life and I enjoy every moment of it but sad to say there are those who are unable to do so. Look at me I am 54 and relaxing my life gazing at my PC and say my piece in this forum and many others like this. Is is not great? Anyway you have the right to your own opinion and so do I. You are wrong all the way and you need to get a PHD in psychology to decide what am I. Do you have that dear?

What makes you think I am single? I have a beautiful Eurasian wife and two handsome sons who are in the computer field. And as for me I am enjoying my early retirement with my wife and PC. Does that bother you?

She is doing what she usually does and I'm doing what I need to do. If my writing is nonsense why bother to reply. You are not compled to read or reply to my postings. I'm sure you have better things to do than waste your time reading my postings. Bye and have a nice day mate.

Guest guest

The reason for these religious wars are attitudes like "My god is greater than his", "I worship true god, he doesnt..."

Only the concilatory approach of advaita like "all worship the same nirguna bhramman by different names" is the solution.Advaia is acceptable to all in world including athiesists.

And all religions make a fundamental mistake of thinking that religions were carved out by god exclusively for man.He is a species who evolved some 10,000 years ago.To think that he is the center of world in such a short span of life history is ridiculous.

Man is no superior to anything.He is equal to the universe around him.If he has this mentality no religious wars will occur.

Man has mentality but does not realize that he has. While other species make use of it by doing what nature expects them to be whereas man is doing the opposite. For example by nature a cow produces milk and man has only to drink the milk but instead he is killing the cow and eating it. Man is suppose to protect and look after his family but instead he becomes the monster. He terrorises his family by physically abusing his wife and children. At times he sells of his teenage daughter to flesh traders inexchange for a few hundred rupees which will buy him a few battles of illegal brew. He sends of his 8-10 year old sons to work in factories while he sleeps in the home the whole day. He sometime rapes his own teenage daughter while the wife is away at work thinking her daughter is safe in her husbands arms. He thinks others do not respect his belief and so he sets explosives on commuter buses and trains killing innocent people who has nothing to do with his ideology. But he feels satisfied killing them anyway. He hoards the essential food needed by the poor but instead sells them at black markets for bigger profit. Many are the wrongs man is doing but yet he thinks he knows all. He does not realize he is destroying his own generation slowly but surely. He thinks the world is his to abuse and should end in his life time. Silly as he can be he does not realize that the world would be there even after his life and for thousands of more years. That is man and his mentality.

Only the concilatory approach of advaita like "all worship the same nirguna bhramman by different names" is the solution.Advaia is acceptable to all in world including athiesists.

•••advaita is not more conciliatory than the other approaches, it is simply a different approach. A personalist will not agree at all that the supreme he adore in a loving relationship is simply an image created by a formless energy, subjected to be destroyed when the illusion vanishes. So your claim risks to be another form of fanaticism and imposition over other's ideas. The first imposition is on god who, having the right to be respected like all the living beings, will see his personality annihilated by this approach... so this is the conciliation? at the expence of god and his worshippers? i don't think so.

And all religions make a fundamental mistake of thinking that religions were carved out by god exclusively for man

•••religion is made for all living beings, but the one who can fully benefit of them is without doubt.. the man

He is a species who evolved some 10,000 years ago.To think that he is the center of world in such a short span of life history is ridiculous.

•••the evolutionist theory is no more the one accepted exclusively by scientist, and all the great religious cultures are creationist. So the appearance of man only 10.000 years ago is not so universally accepted. And this has nothing to do with peace or war, if we think that human race is somewhat privileged our duty is to avoid to be a disturb for any other man and for other living beings who populate the world where the human lives.. and this brings peace

we can also say that many god centered religions are, in the real belief of their practitioners, advaita-like. Many christians, even big scholars and theologists, for example, ultimately, seeing that the informations about god's personality in the bible are fragmentary and relatively vague, think that it is all mythlology and that god is only a pervading energy. The fact that they believe that god needs to take human flesh, as jesus christ, to be really aware of the human problems and really present in human life, demonstrates the the personalism of their belief is very vague. Many ancient church's authorities, like st thomas or st augustine had what is easily recognizable a pseudo advaita approach, with the supreme reality as impersonal and consisting in an energy behind all existences

so advaita does not guarantee peace, and advaita is not at all a conciliation of all approaches, it is simply another approach who can be accepted by fanatics and who can be under the religions "followed" by fanatics

to twist religion and to kill god to find peace is undoubtely a wrong step

who believes that we are all god, he has to respect the other living beings because they're god

who believes that there's god and all living beings are brothers, sons of the same father, has simply to respect and love them... there's plenty of reasons to be peaceful in any religious approach

annihilating the differences does not bring peace, debates and opinion's differences does not generate wars... wars start with silence

<< ... wars start with silence >>

start, yes.

but the decision to go on war in many cases in some what civilized socities happens when all other means of avoiding a war fail.

islam waged war on the hindus only becaue hindus were not muslims, or chose to not accept islam. they would simply invade and start killing, looting, raping, occupying, etc. without any prior commmunication. this is like as if the hunters go for hunting. they do not tell the hunt they are coming to kill. so yes, such barbarins do start wars in silence.