Guest guest Posted April 29, 2004 Report Posted April 29, 2004 I would like to know what Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha means. I have been invited to an Indian wedding and that was at the beginning of the invitation. Is it a greeting of some kind? Thank you in advance, Elise Quote
maadhav Posted April 29, 2004 Report Posted April 29, 2004 it means "I bowdown to Godlike (saint/divine) Ramanuja (Aacharya)." This is how hindus give respect to saints/swamis/sanyasis, and spiritual gurus. In their presence, a hindu does not sit at a level above the level of the saint's seat, but sits at a lower level. This shows humbleness and desire to receive blessing and knwoledge from the saint or guru. Quote
Guest guest Posted April 29, 2004 Report Posted April 29, 2004 for more details regarding this visit www.srivaishnavan.org , www.srivaishnavam.org Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.